What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's Tim Smith and cricket's Clarke 'clash'

Hurriflatch

Referee
As Colonel said while this incident is minor and if it had been the only one it wouldn't have even rated much of a mention.

It is the 3rd incident in less then 6 months involving Tim Smith and something has to be done about him.

Dropping him to reggies didn't work
maybe not playing him in any grade
or a major fine (ie 30% of his yearly salary)

might knock some sense into his head

James_Hardie

Juniors
parra pete said:
Q.... What's the difference between Smith and Clarke?
A.... One has talent.
One is in his off season
One has played for his country
One has never been busted for alochol related stupidity.

strider

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
One is in his off season
One has played for his country
One has never been busted for alochol related stupidity.

so you are saying this is clarke's first case of "alochol related stupidity".

correct me if I am wrong - but the article is about BOTH of them getting in eachother's face .... **edit - speculation**

everyone's happy to bag the sh*t out of timmy and treat clarke like a f**king saint - but no one knows the whole story

To the Players of the Parramatta Rugby League Club.

I would like to thank you for your service to this club. You put your bodies on the line in this clubs colours which is more than I can say I will ever be able to do for this club. I appreciate that you are all young fit and virile men, and that Men need to be able to have a good time and enjoy themselves.

But it is the way that you are “enjoying” yourselves that is hurting me and everyone else in this club.

Since the 1980’s the public perception of the eels has been one of a strong leadership and of decency. While other clubs have since the 1980’s been embroiled in controversy and scandal, we have maintained an image as a club that focuses on continuing as a strong club and a club that is a role model to other clubs and to our own community.

Yet this year it appears we have all decided that we need to become BAD BOYS and have gone out of our way to ensure that we make the News for all the wrong reasons.

This club and its image mean a great deal too so many people. To those that work with the club. The Occasional turn up supporter, and the fanatic, we all live and die with this clubs results, on or off the field.

Even when we were performing badly we had pride that we weren’t the ones causing the problems.

Now none of us can take that pride in the club anymore and that is due not only to your actions on the field this year, but your performances off it.

We are blessed to have some great off field ambassadors at the club at the moment, and these Men continue to bring Pride and Joy to this club. But it is unfortunate that some of Boys in this club do not understand their responsibilities.

Maybe no one told these boys that secret to being a Man is having the power and knowing when to use it. Might and responsibility are ours and as such we need to exercise both.

Another trait of a Man is his word. If you have given your word to be somewhere, then do so. Bring Pride to yourself and to the organization you work with by putting in your best efforts.

So to be short with you all. GET OFF THE BACK PAGE FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. It is not our domain, it is not what we need and to those that support you, it brings a tear to the eye.

We as a club don’t want to see you leave this club, because we believe you have the talent and the drive to help us all succeed, but as we have been told, Teamwork, Makes the Dream work. So please help make the dream work and get your acts together off the Park. Maybe find some other way of passing the time then going out and trying to “Pick up”.

eel4life

Juniors
Alcohol, every bad act is fueled by this.

Drop smith for the rest of the year is harsh but i think is fair, Pig should get the same treatment and if they stuff up again then their contacts should be put under review.

There are palyers in reserves who are itching to play first grade so if they are going to do everything right they should get the shot if players take it for granted.

Guys like John Morris, Dean Widders are guys who do allot of hard work and to tell you the truth id rather keep these type of players and get rid of the ones who seem to have a chip on their shoulders.

Hayne incident was stupid, he is 18 and he doesnt realise what he is doing to the extent of PIG who has been around a long time.

Maybe they have to be set as an example of what is required at this club.

JT has said he will not stand for this, and i guess its up to him to do what he thinks is right.

Again we get a sniff of a miracle and instead of the players being low key and enjoying the week off, they get up to this crap, i am sure other players go out and have a few drinks like any other person, and i am sure this has been blown out of proportion, BUT with all this pressure on the club it just goes to show that they dont understand the responsibility of it all.

James_Hardie

Juniors
strider said:
so you are saying this is clarke's first case of "alochol related stupidity".

correct me if I am wrong - but the article is about BOTH of them getting in eachother's face .... **edit - speculation**

everyone's happy to bag the sh*t out of timmy and treat clarke like a f**king saint - but no one knows the whole story

I don't care if they pushed each other or drove daggers into each other.
Fact is despite being in trouble on numerous occaisions (that we know of), he is still drinking and carrying on like a clown when drunk. If he parties as hard as it appears, there is no way he is giving his body or brain the best possible preperation to play rugby league. And in doing that he lets every one down.

strider

Post Whore
if we wanna get pedantic about "speculation", who says timmy was drunk? - the article just says he was at Northies, got into a slanging match with Clarke and shoved him. He was thrown out for shoving him, not being drunk.

strider said:
if we wanna get pedantic about "speculation", who says timmy was drunk? - the article just says he was at Northies, got into a slanging match with Clarke and shoved him. He was thrown out for shoving him, not being drunk.

Correct

James_Hardie

Juniors
Your right, i would be speculating he was drunk. I speculate because
1. His history
2. He was with Riddell
3. Nobody at Northies is ever sober
*edit*

why would you edit point 4?

He has never pushed anyone around on a football field. FACT

And he got in trouble for pushing Santa around when intoxicated in the city. FACT.

Mr Saab

Referee
He was with fellow cricketers Haddin, Symonds, Katich, McGrath..amongst some of the notables. Is he going to say to them "Nah guys i am not going with you as i dont drink"?

Sorry El D, I have heard the no drinking thing in a few articles on nine and fox sports.

As to why would you go to a bar if You don't drink. I only drink occasionally and normally have a Lemonade when i got to a bar, but there are other things at a Bar like, Your mates, the Opposite Sex. Pool Tables. You know Other things apart from Drink.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i've heard of people that are well known as supposed non drinkers

i've then seen this person drinking lol

strider

Post Whore
if clarkey doesn't drink then fine ..... but i am still kinda upset that everyone is so ready to crucify timmy over this when
a) there really aren't any facts about why they got into a verbal in the first place
b) timmy was ejected for shoving clarke, not for being drunk
c) its really NOT a big event anyway .... timmy is going for a drink on his WEEK OFF .... no one here throwing stones at him ever has a drink?

Latest posts