What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

Nutz

Bench
Imagine if the WT girls won a maiden title...no pun intended.
It would really give us some awesome media attention for once.
We've landed some big fish and recently raided some quality backs from the slimies.
Go the tigresses, ggggrrrr

Last edited:

Tigerlaird

Juniors
Imagine if the WT girls won a maiden title...no pun intended.
It would really give us some awesome media attention for once.
We've landed some big fish and recently raided some quality backs from the slimies.
Go the tigresses, ggggrrrr
Would be the best thing all year. As an inaugural member of WT NRLW I'm glad to be here from the start.

What would be special is if the Tigers won the NRL, Magpies win the NSW cup, Tigeresses win the NRLW and Castleford win the SL all in the same year.

Nutz

Bench
Would be the best thing all year. As an inaugural member of WT NRLW I'm glad to be here from the start.

What would be special is if the Tigers won the NRL, Magpies win the NSW cup, Tigeresses win the NRLW and Castleford win the SL all in the same year.
Your not asking for much Lairdy but I love it. I think in 1969 not only did Balmain win but other tiger sides won that year like Richmond so why not make it the year of the tiger (next year)
Mate I didn't read into the NRLW membership as I'm a seasoned ticket holder. What the sting bud and what do you get?

TroyJax

Juniors

You may one day see that happen if you have unlocked the formula for an unending life-span.

Tigerlaird

Juniors
Your not asking for much Lairdy but I love it. I think in 1969 not only did Balmain win but other tiger sides won that year like Richmond so why not make it the year of the tiger (next year)
Mate I didn't read into the NRLW membership as I'm a seasoned ticket holder. What the sting bud and what do you get?

Wests Tigers and Richmond winning the trophy and flag respectively in the same year would be fantastic. I hope it happens.

NRLW innaugural membership is available for purchase here https://weststigers.memberlink.net.au/memberhome

innsaneink

Referee

are you in the team?

Nutz

Bench
Wests Tigers NRLW 2023 Round 1 likely line-up

I'm unsure if this certain but it gives us an idea of what to expect.
I hope the girls do us proud and make ammends for what's been a disastrous NRL season.

1. Botille Vette-Walsh
2. Jakira Whitfield
3. Rikeya Horne
4. Tess Staines
5. Leianne Tufuga
6. Losana Lutu
7. Emily Curtain
8. Sarah Togatuki
9. Sophie Curtain
10. Imogen Gobran
11. Kezie Apps
12. Christian Pio
13. Najvada George
14. Salma Nour
15. Folau Vaki
16. Taylor Osborne
17. Eliza Siilata
Coach: Brett Kimmorley

Not a bad first half, particularly the start. We look very good in attack. Unfortunately, the last pass hasn't been sticking. I'm actually into this game more than I have been the men's team for the last month or more It's a breath of fresh air to see them getting on with the game without time wasting, playing for penalties, and arguing with the ref non-stop.

Go the tigers!

What a fantastic start to the season. Any of you who didn't get a chance to watch the game and have access to a replay, do yourself a favour. We have some serious footy players in that team. Our lead prop Sarah Togatuki has a motor like Payne Haas. She was just about unstoppable in both attack and defence, and was clearly the player of the game. Not far behind was our hooker Ebony Prior. She was extremely dangerous out of dummy half all game, and her service was pretty crisp for the most part. She did a ton of defensive work and made almost all of her tackles.

When 19 year old Losana Lutu can on in the second half out attack really clicked into gear. She showed the composure of someone 29 years old.

I could go on about pretty much every member of the team. Great first up win playing heads up direct footy, and willing to take chances to score points. Very enterprising stuff. The team only missed 11 tackles all game. It's probably going to be a season where if 75% plus of the passes stick we will win most, but if not there could be some frustrating losses.

Good to see Kimmorly have some early success after he was thrown under a bus last year.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
What a fantastic start to the season. Any of you who didn't get a chance to watch the game and have access to a replay, do yourself a favour. We have some serious footy players in that team. Our lead prop Sarah Togatuki has a motor like Payne Haas. She was just about unstoppable in both attack and defence, and was clearly the player of the game. Not far behind was our hooker Ebony Prior. She was extremely dangerous out of dummy half all game, and her service was pretty crisp for the most part. She did a ton of defensive work and made almost all of her tackles.

When 19 year old Losana Lutu can on in the second half out attack really clicked into gear. She showed the composure of someone 29 years old.

I could go on about pretty much every member of the team. Great first up win playing heads up direct footy, and willing to take chances to score points. Very enterprising stuff. The team only missed 11 tackles all game. It's probably going to a season where if 75% plus of the passes stick we will most, but if not there could be some frustrating losses.

Good to see Kimmorly have some early success after he was thrown under a bus last year.

Yep...absolutely agree ...the first half was just the first half for a brand new side...the second half the nerves were gone and the passes stuck. Ebony Prior...what a great composed debut...her service from dummy half was as good in the 80th minute as in the first and the crispness and accuracy of her passing would show up most of the men's No 9's
Losana Lutu is going to be a star of this comp and just took control of the left side when she came on and I hope our men's halves were watching closely.
Whoever looks after the official website needs to show these girls the respect they deserve and get their pictures up under "Teams" alongside their gender opposites....and in double quick time!

Nutz

Bench
That was awesome. The girls played nearly perfect footy in the second half dishing out a hiding to last years finalists.
On a side note, and I've been harping on it for a while and that is the footballs for the women need to be a tad smaller and lighter than the men's.
It's evident that the girls hands are smaller and not as strong as men's so why are they playing with the men's footy (I could be wrong but they look like std men's footballs) Their passing often looks clunky and also not many goal kickers can kick these footballs from the sidelines.
It was great to see some of the speeders run fluently too, a sign that they are training hard.
It's great to see two in a tackle a lot of the times and not 3-4 as it opens up the game.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'm really looking forward to following the progress of this side . They're WT as much as the men's side are and I'm really looking forward to the next game against the sharkies...go Tiges!

Benchtiger

Juniors
I dare say there there was more backline plays and ball movement in one WT NRLW game then the entire season of the WT NRL team, I hope for the sake of this competition that they stick to this brand of football rather than the boring, predictable bash and barge play that the NRL has descended into.

Nutz

Bench
Good news for tigers fans as the Sharkies have had some injuries.
Teenage sensation Jada Taylor is out as is rugby convert gun Rhiannon Byers.
This will be a bigger test for our girls as our win over last years finalists the Eels maybe not so surprising as the Eels were touched up again in their second round game.
We've got some guns of our own so this is sgaping up as the game of the round.
Go get em girls,
20230729_215028.png

Nutz

Bench
Good news for tigers fans as the Sharkies have had some injuries.
Teenage sensation Jada Taylor is out as is rugby convert gun Rhiannon Byers.
This will be a bigger test for our girls as our win over last years finalists the Eels maybe not so surprising as the Eels were touched up again in their second round game.
We've got some guns of our own so this is sgaping up as the game of the round.
Go get em girls,
View attachment 77452
Games about to start boys and girls, FoxLeague Chan 505.
Rampaging WT Togatuki to rip in today.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Tiges up 10- 0 and looking good....love our little livewire dummy half Ebony Prior....in bare feet I reckon she wouldn't be much taller than Benny Elias