What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

Nutz

Bench
Tiges up 10- 0 and looking good....love our little livewire dummy half Ebony Prior....in bare feet I reckon she wouldn't be much taller than Benny Elias
I agree, such a great first half. I don't agree kicking on the 3rd tackle without a chase though.
What about the clean pair of heels from our leftside winger, Jakiya Ehitfield.
Also we are big, athletic and skillful in the forwards.
The Sharks are one of the teams tipped to win the title this year but it's our girls on top at half time.

Nutz

Bench
Go go go tigers. What a game.
I'm buzzing. Thanks girls. Another big game next week against the Raiders but for now lets enjoy being on top of the ladder.
I vote that this should be our team logo.
20230729_233155.png

That was outstanding defence. Particularly in the first half when the sharks were camped on our try line. They had enough quality ball to win 2 games. We just kept on showing up. Not sure why Ebony was taken off for an extended period either side of half time. Curtain is monster in defence but the service suffered. Lutu looks very dangerous and I'd be very tempted to bring her on with 5 minutes to go in the first half as well. I'm hoping that she'll start to get extra minutes as the season progresses.

Hats off to Kimmorly and the high performance staff. Both weeks we have looked way fitter than the opposition.

Another great win Tigers. This time for different reasons.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Showed so much guts in defence. I don’t know what the stats were but they had a ton of ball on our line.

that Lutu will dominate this comps for the next 10 years.

maybe we will have Latu and Lutu dominate both comps, I am sure the marketers could make something of that

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So good!

Hard hitting tackles. Hard running. Great team play.
Noddy is doing an outstanding job as coach. I hope he stays with this team for a long time to come.

Just loving the whole team.

Das Hassler

Bench
That was outstanding defence. Particularly in the first half when the sharks were camped on our try line. They had enough quality ball to win 2 games. We just kept on showing up. Not sure why Ebony was taken off for an extended period either side of half time. Curtain is monster in defence but the service suffered. Lutu looks very dangerous and I'd be very tempted to bring her on with 5 minutes to go in the first half as well. I'm hoping that she'll start to get extra minutes as the season progresses.

Hats off to Kimmorly and the high performance staff. Both weeks we have looked way fitter than the opposition.

Another great win Tigers. This time for different reasons.

Ebony Prior looked like she got rattled pretty good after a tackle she made not long before she came off....I'd say she came off for that stretch due to that...last week she was non stop for the 80

Das Hassler

Bench
Rykeya Horne goes well at right centre as well...really hard worker and her try last week showed she has an afterburner switch when she gets into a bit of space

macnaz

Staff member
The thing I was most impressed with was their ability to use the ball to delevope overlaps and when to go wide or up through the ruck. A very smart coached footy team , so a massive congrats to Noddy. They really are a smarter bunch of players then their male counterparts.

Nutz

Bench
The thing I was most impressed with was their ability to use the ball to delevope overlaps and when to go wide or up through the ruck. A very smart coached footy team , so a massive congrats to Noddy. They really are a smarter bunch of players then their male counterparts.
I agree macca. Some of the attacking shapes were first class.
I said before that the kicks early in the tackle count with no chase needs fixing.
A lot of the ruck clearances were poor with the first receiver often having to reach up to catch the ball.
These were about their only blemishes.
The game plan was basic...big forwards run hard, everyone run fast and tackle hard.
I think the Sharkies had no answer in attack and couldn't stop our offloads.
Were you watching Tim?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Girls been great. Two from two against last years Grand Finalist and then the Sharks who were second favourites for the title. Radiers had a good win last week against the stacked Chooks team so another big test this week.

Nutz

Bench
The Australian:
League great Ruan Sims says Tigers NRLW coach Brett Kimmorley has done wonders with the new team.
Has anyone got this rag?

Nutz

Bench
Seriously, the NRLW need to check these girls testosterone levels.
Canberra's prop N⁰16 is build like a brick dunny, hits like a sledge hammer and looks very masculine. To top it off she has a beard....what the???

Last edited:
Oh well back to reality. Where as pretty much everything went our way in the first 2 games nothing much went right yesterday. Especially injuries to key players. Canberra looked about twice as big as us and it showed on the park. I felt like we didn't run them around enough which is what you should try do when smaller. We just had no go forward and quick play the ball.

Still they had a go which is all you can ask of your team. On to next week