What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 16s and 18s 2013

Tucantango

Juniors
Watatank,

Hutcho is a great player but I think he will find it hard to displace Clay or Cox for the halves rolls. Hey I could be wrong. Cox had a solid SGB season but seemed to falter in the final weeks as far as his kicking game went, whereas Hutcho is strong here!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There is no doubt Jack Bird is in the top 17 Under 18's in this state. If he is close to being 100% he has to be picked.

half_back

Juniors
Nat Butcher is a seriously special player.

Agree Sam, that is why I was dumbfounded to see him listed on the bench for this game. I can only assume they have already selected him and want to look at others... this is what i am hoping is the case anyway.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Would have to think Troy Dargan would have to be a good chance for the 16's. How many half backs have led their team to back to back matts titles over the years? Half back both years fair effort

DummyHalfScoot

Juniors
Team is on NSWRL website;

The following players have been selected to represent the NSW Under 16’s v QLD Under 16’s at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, June 5, prior to Game One of the Holden State of Origin series.

PLAYER - Junior Representative Club - Junior League Club

Nat Butcher - South Sydney Rabbitohs - South Eastern Seagulls
Jack Cogger - Newcastle Knights - Toukley Hawks
Michael Doolan - Parramatta Eels - Cabramatta
Simon Fonua - Parramatta Eels - Chester Hill Hornets
Robbie Graham - Penrith Panthers - Colyton/Mt Druitt
Mark Griffiths - Parramatta Eels - Minchinbury Jets
Gabriel Hamlin - South Sydney Rabbitohs - La Perouse United
Ryan King - Illawarra Steelers - Western Suburbs Illawarra Red Devils
Brock Lamb - Newcastle Knights - West Maitland
Blake Lawrie - Illawarra Steelers - Western Suburbs Illawarra Red Devils
Latrell Mitchell - Central Coast Centurions - Taree RSL Red Rovers/Erina Eagles
Pifeleti Pifeleti - Balmain Tigers - Holy Cross Rhinos
Jesse Ramien - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - Coonamble/Wyong
Ethan Roberts - South Grafton Rebels - South Grafton Rebels
Reimis Smith - South Sydney Rabbitohs - Mascot Juniors
Ray Stone - Western Suburbs Magpies - Moss Vale Dragons
Joseph Tramontana - Parramatta Eels - Marconi Mustangs

COACH - Dave Howlett (Cronulla Sharks)

The NSW Under 16 sides have won their last three clashes against QLD and have won six of their last seven annual clashes.

This match is set for kick off at approximately 6pm with gates opening at the ground just prior to kick off, so make sure you get out to the ground nice and early and cheer on our baby Blues to victory.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Team is on NSWRL website;

The following players have been selected to represent the NSW Under 16?s v QLD Under 16?s at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, June 5, prior to Game One of the Holden State of Origin series.

PLAYER - Junior Representative Club - Junior League Club

Nat Butcher - South Sydney Rabbitohs - South Eastern Seagulls
Jack Cogger - Newcastle Knights - Toukley Hawks
Michael Doolan - Parramatta Eels - Cabramatta
Simon Fonua - Parramatta Eels - Chester Hill Hornets
Robbie Graham - Penrith Panthers - Colyton/Mt Druitt
Mark Griffiths - Parramatta Eels - Minchinbury Jets
Gabriel Hamlin - South Sydney Rabbitohs - La Perouse United
Ryan King - Illawarra Steelers - Western Suburbs Illawarra Red Devils
Brock Lamb - Newcastle Knights - West Maitland
Blake Lawrie - Illawarra Steelers - Western Suburbs Illawarra Red Devils
Latrell Mitchell - Central Coast Centurions - Taree RSL Red Rovers/Erina Eagles
Pifeleti Pifeleti - Balmain Tigers - Holy Cross Rhinos
Jesse Ramien - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - Coonamble/Wyong
Ethan Roberts - South Grafton Rebels - South Grafton Rebels
Reimis Smith - South Sydney Rabbitohs - Mascot Juniors
Ray Stone - Western Suburbs Magpies - Moss Vale Dragons
Joseph Tramontana - Parramatta Eels - Marconi Mustangs

COACH - Dave Howlett (Cronulla Sharks)

The NSW Under 16 sides have won their last three clashes against QLD and have won six of their last seven annual clashes.

This match is set for kick off at approximately 6pm with gates opening at the ground just prior to kick off, so make sure you get out to the ground nice and early and cheer on our baby Blues to victory.

Feel sorry for Troy Dargan (Parramatta) - would have to be considered extremely unlucky to have missed out.

DummyHalfScoot

Juniors
I agree, I think he is outstanding and has performed well for 2 years. He will have an outstanding career. Would love to have him at my club.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I seen a few of the Parra games last year and he performed at a high level as a 15 year old; backed up this year in a team that again won the comp (although I did not see any games) - bloody unlucky, if you ask me.

Plays for Wenty? Sorry - Cabramatta.

Last edited:

Tucantango

Juniors
From previous years you will generally only see up to a maximum of 4 boys from anyone team, with that token CRL lad thrown in for political balance, and it seems as if nothing has changed! Nevertheless Troy D did indeed deserve a spot somewhere in this team!

Alas cream will eventually rise to the top, and foreby injury, he will one day have his time in the sun!

magpie4ever

First Grade
From previous years you will generally only see up to a maximum of 4 boys from anyone team, with that token CRL lad thrown in for political balance, and it seems as if nothing has changed! Nevertheless Troy D did indeed deserve a spot somewhere in this team!

Alas cream will eventually rise to the top, and foreby injury, he will one day have his time in the sun!

Hey mate, has Keenan stuck his head up; yet. There was no comeback to your last post - rated it 11/10.:lol:

rabbitrabbits

Juniors

you should really watch who you call "token CRL" players honestly you know nothing!!!

rabbitrabbits

Juniors
I understand your point Tucs, but unless you know the actual player/s - it is a harsh call.

Absolutely this kid has done more than enough to be there!!..... Where do you reckon Jesse Ramien and Greg Inglis for that fact....they all dont come from the City!!!

Read up on the kid before you make such stupid comments!!!

Tucantango

Juniors
you should really watch who you call "token CRL" players honestly you know nothing!!!

You missed my point! I am talking about how it always seems to be; every year without fail there is one lad with CRL next to his name whether it be the 16's or the 18's. Hey there might be more that are deserving but you will only ever see one (i.e. being a non-HMC or SGB player).

The same applies to that magic number 4, where you will only ever see a maximum number of 4 players from any one team, irrespective of how the team went in the comp.

I personally thought the bunnies and parra deserved better representation, but it didnt happen and now there are boys wondering what they could have done better to earn that coveted NSW jersey; the answer being "Nothing". It is what it is and there will always be politics involved.

rabbitrabbits

Juniors
You missed my point! I am talking about how it always seems to be; every year without fail there is one lad with CRL next to his name whether it be the 16's or the 18's. Hey there might be more that are deserving but you will only ever see one (i.e. being a non-HMC or SGB player).

The same applies to that magic number 4, where you will only ever see a maximum number of 4 players from any one team, irrespective of how the team went in the comp.

I personally thought the bunnies and parra deserved better representation, but it didnt happen and now there are boys wondering what they could have done better to earn that coveted NSW jersey; the answer being "Nothing". It is what it is and there will always be politics involved.

No I didn't miss your Point, you deliberately singled out the "CRL kid"!!!! Regardless of previous years with CRL kids (where i take your point), this kid is "worthy"...(and is being chased by every club in sydney)

Aint going to get into a slinging match with you mate..../but you need to remember just because Kids live north of sydney and choose to stay in the country longer than most... dont mean they dont deserve it!!! you will have egg on your face if you choose to single out CRL kids...and for the record i live in the city!!!....

magpie4ever

First Grade
No I didn't miss your Point, you deliberately singled out the "CRL kid"!!!! Regardless of previous years with CRL kids (where i take your point), this kid is "worthy"...(and is being chased by every club in sydney)

Aint going to get into a slinging match with you mate..../but you need to remember just because Kids live north of sydney and choose to stay in the country longer than most... dont mean they dont deserve it!!! you will have egg on your face if you choose to single out CRL kids...and for the record i live in the city!!!....

What position does the young bloke play?

rabbitrabbits

Juniors
What position does the young bloke play?

I know he played U15's NSWCHS no 6 in Darwin (2012 from little old token South Grafton High School), U16's Indigenous All stars No. 13, where he played as a 14yr old and got NSW man of the match and captain this yrs U16's Indigenous Team as a 15yr old, which included Captaining Troy D - parra) plus he too has played cyril connell 2 years in a row......

for the record I know this kid when he played with my son at Moore Park JRLC at 6yrs many years ago...

magpie4ever

First Grade
I know he played U15's NSWCHS no 6 in Darwin (2012 from little old token South Grafton High School), U16's Indigenous All stars No. 13, where he played as a 14yr old and got NSW man of the match and captain this yrs U16's Indigenous Team as a 15yr old, which included Captaining Troy D - parra) plus he too has played cyril connell 2 years in a row......

for the record I know this kid when he played with my son at Moore Park JRLC at 6yrs many years ago...

So, this bloke is only 15; great effort.

Just off the subject but many moons ago my club (Concord United - Wests comp) trialled a few times against Alexandria Rovers (Souths comp) - who at that stage were probably the best and strongest club in their comp. Do they still exist and are they still as strong?