What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

BranVan3000

Coach
Cleary can’t be picked

Sorry he is in horrid form and has done nothing to earn the mantra he is carrying the torch for the next era of the Blues.

He got carried in the last series by Maloney yet it seems like Maloney is the one to be easily ruled out? Makes no sense to me

Blues need to stop thinking they can create an era of winning like QLD and focus on winning this year’s series. Pick on form, period

aqua_duck

Coach
Cleary can’t be picked

Sorry he is in horrid form and has done nothing to earn the mantra he is carrying the torch for the next era of the Blues.

He got carried in the last series by Maloney yet it seems like Maloney is the one to be easily ruled out? Makes no sense to me

Blues need to stop thinking they can create an era of winning like QLD and focus on winning this year’s series. Pick on form, period
Exactly, besides a few admirable pieces of cover defence Cleary was a virtual passenger last year and his performance was no better than anything Pearce had served up in previous years, only difference is he wasn't up against 3 future immortals.
To be honest I would've been inclined to give him and Maloney first crack this year if their club form was even mediocre but right now they're barely at a first grade level

Vic Mackey

Referee
This is what I'd pick:

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Wighton
4. Mitchell
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Finnucane

14. Jake Turbo
15. Sims
16. Matterson
17. Pangai Jnr

SBD82

Coach
The form of the panthers halves is an awful predicament for the blues.

The last time we won a series we changed the halves, and it f**ked us for several more years (amongst other factors).

Now we are a huge chance of repeating that mistake, but the shitty form of Maloney and Cleary has almost given us no choice.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Freddy hedge his bets and keep one. Probably Cleary, and bring in Keary.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This is what I'd pick:

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Wighton
4. Mitchell
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Finnucane

14. Jake Turbo
15. Sims
16. Matterson
17. Pangai Jnr
Very strong though I'd make a couple of changes in the forwards and bench.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Jake Turbo
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Murray

14. Klemmer
15. Finucane
16. Sims
17. Cody Walker

Vic Mackey

Referee
Very strong though I'd make a couple of changes in the forwards and bench.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Jake Turbo
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Murray

14. Klemmer
15. Finucane
16. Sims
17. Cody Walker

Cant argue too much with that either. Im a big Murray fan and it sounds cliche but he just looks an 'Origin Player' however would probably like to see him tough out another year of first grade. Cody Walkers in rare form but needs to start or nothing imo, he can really only play 1 position (as can the two halves) so not sure how youd use him?

TheFrog

Coach
I don't care if Cleary doesn't get a run and Maloney looks gone, but one thing must be remembered-

If last year's side was picked on club form rather than reputation Tedesco would have missed out, and he was the best player from either side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If last year's side was picked on club form rather than reputation Tedesco would have missed out, and he was the best player from either side.

I know you haven’t liked him since he took Moylans spot, but in what world was Teddy’s Origin spot under threat? And from who?

TheFrog

Coach
I know you haven’t liked him since he took Moylans spot, but in what world was Teddy’s Origin spot under threat? And from who?
You have a short memory. Many wanted Turbo in the 1. His form up to Origin 1 was very scratchy indeed. You should read some old threads if you don't believe me.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You have a short memory. Many wanted Turbo in the 1. His form up to Origin 1 was very scratchy indeed. You should read some old threads if you don't believe me.

I don’t really, and if there are it’s probably Panthers fans saying Dylan Edwards should be there

aqua_duck

Coach
Teddy's form wasn't that bad, he took some time to gel with a new team but his form was slowly building, to say Cleary and Maloney's form is scratchy would be incredibly kind

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Maloney will be the one to go.

Freddy will go the Roosters left edge, Topou, Mitchell, Cordner, Keary and justify it that way.

Cleary will survive and will play much better with a proper dummy half in Cook.

Just not sure who will be right centre.

King hit

Coach
Wighton would be a smokey for the side. Been playing very well for Canberra and we are lacking in centres and he has a lot of experience there.

TIGER14

Bench
Surely we can't pick Simple Jack.
The bloke's barely first grade standard week to week let alone stepping up to Origin.

greenBV4

Bench
So what's NSW options for the remaining centre spot?
James Roberts
Jack Bird
Tyrone Peachey
Josh Dugan
Josh Morris
Jarrod Croker
Jesse Ramien
Clint Gutherson
Michael Jennings
Blake Ferguson

Any others?

Curtis Scott seems to be back after whatever it was that kept him out (apparently off field issues).
I don't have foxtel so Ive only seen the highlights from tonights game but he seemed to be back in-form?

correct me if I'm wrong but he's been in the emerging blues squad and last year was talked about as a potential future NSW player, if he continues to play well the next couple of weeks before selection is he any chance of making the squad?

Edit: just watched the presser, sounds like he's injured anyway

Last edited: