What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Pedge1971

First Grade
So if the 6 or 7 go off Graham can sort-of cover, although its a very long time and quite a few kg's since he played in the halves. But what if Tedesco gets hurt? Turbo can play fullback but we need a centre. Fittler must have thought about this and think he can cover any circumstance but there are risks being taken.

I'd say calling Saifiti a genuine prop, especially in an Origin game, is stretching it a bit. More risks. You can take risks, but take too many and you become more likely to come undone.

So he is an ingenuine prop?

big hit!

Bench
Lol. I especially liked how you chose to ignore the fact nsw played to about 30% of its potential, clicked for maybe 20 minutes and still lost off a Jack Shiteon brain explosion. Having said that, we needed to win game one and i have absolutely no doubt the series is over.

Pass comes off he's a hero. It doesn't, he's 'Shiteon'. C'mon mate, Maloney threw one last series and no one talks about it. Gagai makes these plays all the time.

Focusing on one play is a cheap out. NSWs left edge was raped several times in the first half and Wighton wasnt even on the field. QLD didn't convert 3 opportunities in the first 40", but we're all hitting on scapegoat Wighton. NSW were lucky to come away with a 4pt loss and that's why changes to that left side have been made.

Gameday, let's get behind our fellas

Apey

Staff member
I feel sorry for NSW. A series win got your hopes up. The trouble is that neither imitation nor strategy can replicate what the Maroons have mostly bottled over the last decade and more.

The QLD team will be tighter and tougher for two halves of the game. Don't expect any of your fancy running attack to gain any traction. QLD are going to chop you down like firewood. Game 1 was the best you'll produce.
Haha

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
344613.jpg

Spot On

Coach
I think your missing the point in why some of those guys were dropped. In 1 word - EFFORT.

Freddy has made this 1 word his entire mantra this year. Its the 1 thing he's asked of all his players. Complete on everything and the rest will come.

Everyone that was dropped (Morris was the exception and forced changes due to injury) in my opinion didn't deliver on EFFORT.

You keep saying Cleary does F all and keeps his spot. How does a halfback that did EXACTLY what was asked of him do F all? Makes huge amount of tackles, no errors, kicks all game long, competes on every play and keep his effort and intensity up all game - how does his equate to F all?

Walker got hooked because he didn't deliver on his personal game plan. Cleary did.

The so called "next Inglis" got hooked because he showed no effort.

I thought people would understand by now Origin is less about individual skill and more about effort and the willingness to never give up.

There have been decades of teams with less "skill" that have won big origins due to this alone.

Great post.

I'm sure some can see why Mitchell was booted now.

Congrats to Freddie for once again having the balls to do what no one else would.

That said, I would never, ever have entertained bringing Fergo AND Sims in together, not due to lack of effort but for fear of errors and dumb shit.

But Fred rolled the dice and both were very good. Fergo one error but he did so much good stuff tonight. Sims did his job well too and that role suits him at this level imo.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lol at QLD bringing Wallace back in. Bloke is not up to this level, which has been proven again.

A couple blokes in the backline must be on borrowed time too.

Said it when Wallace was picked we'd lose, he's a dead set powderpuff. He can get away with being a sort of prop at club level..but he's so undersized, he's smaller than McGuire for crying out loud! On the positive NSW to win both halves was easy money and 13+ (my account thanks the QLD selectors)

Hope Little Willie O is back next game, we need his size, he was very good game 1.

Sounds like Cleary will be out for game 3.

I’d be playing Chad Townsend. Dependable half that won’t get in Maloney’s way.

They’ll be tempted to got with Pearce of course, but Pearce has been playing well as an on ball half. Maloney needs to be the dominant half for the blues.

The unknown

Juniors
Sounds like Cleary will be out for game 3.

I’d be playing Chad Townsend. Dependable half that won’t get in Maloney’s way.

They’ll be tempted to got with Pearce of course, but Pearce has been playing well as an on ball half. Maloney needs to be the dominant half for the blues.

Not gonna lie, I reckon they'll go Graham/Maloney halves. Not sure they'll bring in a new half for a decider

Graham proved he can handle it and is probably the safest option atm

Latest posts