What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

girvie

Staff member
Spike said:
Nice addition that injury update list. One to update throughout the season

It's from the Official programme "Rugby League News". In previous years they have covered only the Junior Reps, but this year they are covering NSW Cup as well, and i think also the Jim Beam Cup.

It's pretty good. They have stats, recent form, injury updates, Flashbacks, Around the Grounds, an article on a feature player (this week Wenty's Kosta Kouparitsas).

It is done by the same people who do Rugby League Review.

Spike

First Grade
Unfortunatley the closet ground to mean is more than a 4 hour drive (Dairy Farmers) Are you able to subscribe to this rag like RLR?

girvie

Staff member
Spike said:
Unfortunatley the closet ground to mean is more than a 4 hour drive (Dairy Farmers) Are you able to subscribe to this rag like RLR?
Yeah you can subscribe.

It says:
To have all 32 issues of Rugby League News delivered to your door, please send cheque or money order for $129 (payable to 'Rugby League Review') to PO Box 98, Peakhurst, Sydney, NSW 2210.

Email info@rugbyleaguereview.com and they should be able to send you more information.

girvie

Staff member
http://www.nswrl.com.au/article.php?id=422

Central Coast Storm, Central Newcastle Knights, Newtown Jets, North Sydney Bears, Manly Sea Eagles and the Bulldogs were winners in Round 1 VB NSW Cup action.

Newtown who are the Roosters feeder side holds top position with a 30 point victory over the Cronulla Cobras in a pleasing result for coach Greg Matterson. Whereas the Terry Lamb coached Bulldogs holds 2nd position as they had something to cheer about following a bleak performance against Parramatta at NRL and NYC levels defeating the Penrith affiliated Windsor outfit 40-20.

2008 VB NSW CUP
ROUND 1
RESULTS
Central Coast Storm 22 Defeated Auckland Volcans 20
Central Newcastle Knights 36 Defeated Balmain-Ryde Tigers 12
Newtown Jets 40 Defeated Cronulla Cobras 10
Nth Sydney Bears 44 Defeated Western Suburbs Magpies 36
Manly Sea Eagles 28 Defeated Wentworthville 24
Bulldogs 40 Defeated Windsor Wolves 20

Central Coast 22 TRIES; Gregory, Briggs, Manua, Woodley GOALS; Moore[3]
Defeated
Auckland 20 TRIES; Solomona, Shortland, Crockett, Heremaia GOALS; Heremaia[2]

Central Newcastle 36 TRIES; Gordon, Bailey, Walsh, Taufua, Ciraldo, Finefeuaki GOALS; Walsh[6]
Defeated
Balmain-Ryde Eastwood 12 TRIES; Tandy, Vengoa GOALS; Hanbury[2]

Newtown 40 TRIES; Aubusson[2], Andersem[2], Ford, Gordon, Paea GOALS; Branighan[6]
Defeated
Cronulla 10 TRIES; Stephenson, Robinson GOALS; Berryman

North Sydney 44 TRIES; Champion[2], Geddes[2], Barnes, Grant, Lowe, Falloon GOALS; Ndaira[6]
Defeated
Western Suburbs 36 TRIES; Davis[2], Gallant, Cutler, Flannagan, Stolk GOALS; Gallant[6]

Manly 28 TRIES; Robson, Trembath, Meaney, Bradley, Suniula GOALS; Williams[4]
Defeated
Wentworthville 24 TRIES; Luland[2], Hauraki, Rafftery GOALS; Maloney[4]

Bulldogs 40 TRIES; Ma'afu[2], Crisp, Bott, Phelps, Clark, Morrin, Warburton GOALS; Crisp[4]
Defeated
Windsor 20 TRIES; King, Daniela, Peters, Pearn GOALS; Georgiou[2]

auckland.jpg

Looks more like a Volcano than a Vulcan...

Dogaholic

First Grade
Dogs team for round 2....

NSW Cup
1. Brent Crisp
2. Leon Bott
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Daryl Millard
5. Chris Vaefaga
6. Reece Blayney
7. Aaron Groom
8. Luke Thompson
9. Jamie Clark
10. Nathan Armit
11. Lorenzo Ma'afu
12. Brad Morrin
13. Gary Warburton

Interchange:
14. Ryan Millard
15. Frank Winterstein
16. Tamati Nathan
17. Dean Vicelich

Skinner

Coach
cumberlandsashes81 said:
auckland.jpg

Looks more like a Volcano than a Vulcan...

Vulcan was the Roman God of beneficial and hindering fire, including fire from Volcanoes..

Google is my friend :lol:

Sugar

Bench
North Sydney v Manly
Saturday March 22, 2008
TG Milner Field - Eastwood
4.30pm

1. Samu Wara
2. Nathanael Barnes
3. Beau Champion ©
4. Greg Nichols
5. John Tamanika
6. Charlie Herekotukutuku
7. Jeremy Smith
8. Luke Grant
9. Beau Falloon
10. Scott Geddes
11. Jaiman Lowe
12. Dave Wynyard
13. Shannan McPherson

14. Ryan Verlinden
15. John Koborsi
16. Valu Nasio
17. Marc Russell
18. Sean Dalton
19. Daniel Sayegh
22. Shaune Corrigan

Coach – Wayne Lambkin

D

Deleted member 10972

Jets team v Wests

Don Thompson (Shaun Foley injured)
Byron Ford (Albert Hopoate injured)
Mitchell Aubusson
Sam Perrett
Tevita Folau
Luke Branighan
Ben Green
Ray Moujalli
Luke Gordon (Rory Kostjaysn injured)
FP Nuuausala
Mickey Paea
Khalid Deeb (Shane Shackleton injured)
Jimmy Andersen

Luke Millwood
Danny Howard
Aaron Wheatley
Steve Meredith

What is funny is how Roosters contracted halfback Jai Ayoub, bought to replace Jamie Soward, can't even crack the Newtown Jets team ahead of Jets contracted QLD Cup rejects Luke Millwood & Ben Green. Can't be a good thing.

I hope to see more of ex-QLD Cup outside back Toshio Laiseni, former Manly Flegg hooker Tyrone Shelley, former Souths Flegg backrower Fonua Fale, former Bulldogs PL lock Daniel Green, ex-Roosters Flegg stars Hep Cahill & Rhys Pritchard, & ex-Irish Union backrower Trevor Richardson. I also wish a speedy recovery to Axl Foley, Shack, Hoppa & Kosty.

EDIT: Howard to start over Deeb to add a bit more mobility to the pack, i believe that is what Matterson prefers. Not sure whether Nutley will play for Jets if he gets cut from the extended Roosters bench, if he does, he will probably replace Wheatley or Moujalli.

In the web site it has howard in and deeb on the bench? Also if nutley plays one of the bench would drop off and frank or ray would drop to bench i think.Also it shows that the coach of the jets must have a big input on who he wants to play judging by the fact that ayoub and and hoppa are playing jbc just like last week.:oops:

D

Deleted member 10972

enmore boys high said:
In the web site it has howard in and deeb on the bench? Also if nutley plays one of the bench would drop off and frank or ray would drop to bench i think.Also it shows that the coach of the jets must have a big input on who he wants to play judging by the fact that ayoub and and hoppa are playing jbc just like last week.:oops:

Hoppa os playing JBC for the same reason Perrett is playing for jets. Recouperating from injury. As for Ayoub, he is just not as good as Green or Millwood.

As for Deeb, that is what i saw too, look at my edit, i state it there.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Mack said:
Jets team v Wests

Don Thompson (Shaun Foley injured)
Byron Ford (Albert Hopoate injured)
Mitchell Aubusson
Sam Perrett
Tevita Folau
Luke Branighan
Ben Green
Ray Moujalli
Luke Gordon (Rory Kostjaysn injured)
FP Nuuausala
Mickey Paea
Khalid Deeb (Shane Shackleton injured)
Jimmy Andersen

Luke Millwood
Danny Howard
Aaron Wheatley
Steve Meredith

What is funny is how Roosters contracted halfback Jai Ayoub, bought to replace Jamie Soward, can't even crack the Newtown Jets team ahead of Jets contracted QLD Cup rejects Luke Millwood & Ben Green. Can't be a good thing.

Mate you obviously were not at Oki stadium last weekend. Little Luke was in everything and was a stand out farkin star. His bananna kick of the outside of the boot to set up a Jets try in the second half was a fricken JOHNS special. He came back so strongly as well from the broken facejaw injury he received in the jets jim beam semi appearance the other season. Taken out ( no doubt ) cause they had come to realise his value in that crucial semi-game, that we went on to only just win. His absence in the Beam grandfinal appearance due to that dog/act cheep shot was a big way towards them losing that crucial G/final game without him.

check him out mate. he has earnt a fulltime place in my money from what I saw last weekend. played with spirit that has been lacking for a while for HIS jersey mate.

D

Deleted member 10972

2 True Blues said:
Mate you obviously were not at Oki stadium last weekend. Little Luke was in everything and was a stand out farkin star. His bananna kick of the outside of the boot to set up a Jets try in the second half was a fricken JOHNS special. He came back so strongly as well from the broken facejaw injury he received in the jets jim beam semi appearance the other season. Taken out ( no doubt ) cause they had come to realise his value in that crucial semi-game, that we went on to only just win. His absence in the Beam grandfinal appearance due to that dog/act cheep shot was a big way towards them losing that crucial G/final game without him.

check him out mate. he has earnt a fulltime place in my money from what I saw last weekend. played with spirit that has been lacking for a while for HIS jersey mate.

2TB, i never said there was anything wrong with Millwood, he was poor in his time in QLD Cup, but i am very aware he was excellent in JBC in the games a i saw him in. I never said he was bad, i am just alluding to the fact that a player signed by the Roosters usually in most instances tended to hold priority in the Jets ranks over those signed to the Jets - the fact that Ayoub can't crack the side means that the say Matterson has over the team selection MUST be substantial. Obviously Branighan, Green & Millwood are viewed above Ayoub & Tyrone Shelley. When i said can't be a good thing, i meant for Jai himself, not for the club. The BEST PLAYERS shall be picked, regardless of reputatiom, contract status, etc.

Luke Gordon will probably drop out when Rory Kostjaysn returns though, oh, & just to let you know, Brent Grose will be playing in the mighty Blue this weekend, as Mitchell Aubusson has been called up into the FG team in the centres.

No respect lost i hope, 2TB ><. You're a good bloke, one of the few on this forum.

2 True Blues

Coach
Good team. Nil respect lost at all Mack. I am happy if that is the case though, as in previous seasons ( take the Sharks partnership for EG ), they played/blooded lesser talented players ( using us for this purpose ) when we had players ten times more talented playing in our beam side. Players like Alf DUNCAN who could have won games for us were passed over by less talented players as were a Jets signing.

I like the fact we " appear " to be allowed to field the best team, giving us the best chance of winning and a semi's campaign. Roosters have always been an honest club though, and probably realise the business benefits of this deal, rather than some other of the more self centred niave clubs, have in the past.