What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tigers v CC Storm result unknown
Newtown 64 Magpies 10
Knights 40 Bulldogs 18
Norths 28 Manly 20

Today:
Cronulla v Windsor
Wenty v Auckland

girvie

Staff member
girvie said:
Yeah you can subscribe.

It says:
To have all 32 issues of Rugby League News delivered to your door, please send cheque or money order for $129 (payable to 'Rugby League Review') to PO Box 98, Peakhurst, Sydney, NSW 2210.

Email info@rugbyleaguereview.com and they should be able to send you more information.

Following on from my comments on the Rugby League News magazine there are a few extras this week to go along with the Injury Updates, Flashbacks, Around the Grounds etc.

They have a match report of every match, including a "feature game". Of course they have all the pointscorers for the Round, and the top pointscorers and tryscorers for the season so far.
They have the judiciary summary, which is great because usually you would have no clue about who gets suspended. (Beau Champion and Lino Salafi escaped suspension for their careless high tackles in Round 1.)

They have a Team of the Week and a 3-2-1 for each game. The Round 1 Team of the week was:
1 Beau Champion - Norths
2. Iwi Hauraki - Wentworthville
3. Chris Bailey - Central Newcastle
4. Sam Perrett - Newtown
5. Nick Bradley-Qalilawa - Manly
6. Aaron Heremaia - Auckland
7. Tim Smith - Wentworthville
8. Hutch Maiava - Windsor
9. Heath L'Estrange - Manly - Player of the Round
10. Clifford Manua - Central Coast
11. Lorenzo Ma'afu - Canterbury
12. Corey Vlaciky - Wests
13. Jimmy Anderson - Newtown

14. Phil Morwood - Manly
15. Don Thompson - Newtown
16. Luke Walsh - Central Newcastle
17. Scott Geddes - Norths

Anyone who supports a team in the NSW Cup i suggest getting this magazine.

We've never had anything like this before, so i'm stoked that this is being done. I think it would be great if they could publish a lot of the content on the NSWRL website as well.

D

Deleted member 10972

That Jimmy Anderson bloke Newtown picked up from NQLD is VERY impressive. He might even push for a Roosters contract soon.

2 True Blues

Coach
girvie said:
Following on from my comments on the Rugby League News magazine there are a few extras this week to go along with the Injury Updates, Flashbacks, Around the Grounds etc.

They have a match report of every match, including a "feature game". Of course they have all the pointscorers for the Round, and the top pointscorers and tryscorers for the season so far.
They have the judiciary summary, which is great because usually you would have no clue about who gets suspended. (Beau Champion and Lino Salafi escaped suspension for their careless high tackles in Round 1.)

They have a Team of the Week and a 3-2-1 for each game. The Round 1 Team of the week was:
1 Beau Champion - Norths
2. Iwi Hauraki - Wentworthville
3. Chris Bailey - Central Newcastle
4. Sam Perrett - Newtown
5. Nick Bradley-Qalilawa - Manly
6. Aaron Heremaia - Auckland
7. Tim Smith - Wentworthville
8. Hutch Maiava - Windsor
9. Heath L'Estrange - Manly - Player of the Round
10. Clifford Manua - Central Coast
11. Lorenzo Ma'afu - Canterbury
12. Corey Vlaciky - Wests
13. Jimmy Anderson - Newtown

14. Phil Morwood - Manly
15. Don Thompson - Newtown
16. Luke Walsh - Central Newcastle
17. Scott Geddes - Norths

Anyone who supports a team in the NSW Cup i suggest getting this magazine.

We've never had anything like this before, so i'm stoked that this is being done. I think it would be great if they could publish a lot of the content on the NSWRL website as well.

I am in mate. How much for a copy and what day is it published etc.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Mack said:
That Jimmy Anderson bloke Newtown picked up from NQLD is VERY impressive. He might even push for a Roosters contract soon.

Saw he made the team of the week line-up hey. yeah apparently the jets have TEN signings this season all up.

girvie

Staff member
2 True Blues said:
I am in mate. How much for a copy and what day is it published etc.
They should be sold (or included in the entry fee) on game days. Or you can subscribe to get every issue. If you want to subscribe i posted the info above.

D

Deleted member 10972

Well here is 10 signed Newtown blokes who have played in the proper season that aren't Roosters contracted:

Don Thompson - fullback (Cabramatta JBC)
Byron Ford - wing (Hull KR)
Ray Moujalli - prop (Sharks PL)
Luke Branighan - five-eighth (Toulouse)
Ben Green - halfback (QLD Cup)
Luke Gordon - hooker (Windsor JBC)
Khalid Deeb - backrow (Sydney Bulls JBC)
Aaron Wheatley - backrow (Bulldogs PL)
Jimmy Anderson - lock (QLD Cup)
Luke Millwood - utility half (Sydney Bulls JBC)

Are Daniel Green (lock - Bulldogs PL), Rhys Pritchard (wing - Roosters Flegg), Hep Cahill (lock - Jets PL), Fonua Fale (backrow - Souths Flegg), Toshio Laiseni (centre - QLD Cup), Trevor Richardson (backrow - Irish RU) & Tyrone Shelley in the frame (hooker - Wentworthville JBC) counted? Do they count as Newtown contracted players? Or did they not pass the trials & are now playing JB Cup?

2 True Blues

Coach
Good question mate. The club are usually very approachable by phone but I heard from a reliable source that the jets had ten signings. Wasn't even sure exactly yet ' who ' they actually were. thanks for the list though .

Dogaholic

First Grade
Maitua Named in NSW Cup

http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1570

Bulldogs NSW Cup coach Terry Lamb has named a strong line-up for this Sunday's clash with Wentworthville.

Reni Maitua was today named in the line-up while the Bulldogs welcome back fullback Brent Crisp who sat out last weekend's loss to the Knights with a hand injury. However they will be without five-eight Reece Blayney who sustained a fractured wrist during the 40-18 loss.

Toyota Cup captain Nathan Smith has been promoted to NSW Cup in place of injured hooker Jamie Clark who picked up a rib injury.

1. Brent Crisp
2. Leon Bott
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Daryl Millard
5. Cameron Phelps
6. Ryan Millard
7. Aaron Groom
8. Luke Thompson
9. Nathan Smith
10. Nathan Armit
11. Lorenzo Ma'afu
12. Gary Warburton