What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

girvie

Staff member
Thanks for all the updates. It's good to read how all the teams are going.

North Sydney beat Windsor 30-18.

Norths - Nathanael Barnes 2, Jeremy Smith, Shannan McPherson, Matt Hunt, Beau Champion tries; Champion 3 goals.

Windsor - Junior Moors, Hutch Maiava, Junior Tia Kilifi tries; Joe Williams 3 goals.

I thought Shannan McPherson & Dave Wynyard were great for the Bears.

Frank Puletua and Joe Williams were strong for Windsor.

Newtown and Norths are the only undefeated teams.

yappy

Bench
girvie said:
No need to rub it in Girvie.Anyway, we got our season going today (thanks Cronulla). I think it was our back 5 that bagged all the meat pies. 2 to Taylor and one each to Gallant, McDonnell, Davis and Cutler. Gallant with 4 goals. We'll take those 2 points thank you very much after last week and see if we can't give Windsor the same dose next Saturday.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dogaholic said:
Not sure if it was Ma'afu who scored the dogs first. I thought it was Warbuton. I was sitting on the other end so I could be wrong.

Here is how the Dogs went...

To be fair to our boys. We pretty much played without any halves.

Groom was out as was phelps and Reece Blanely.

Brent Crisp - Went alright. Copped a big nock and had his head in a bandage for a lot of the game. Had the kicking duties earlier.

Leon Bott - Made one half decent run. Non existant.

Andrew Emelio - Was Captain for the day. bad hands. a couple good runs.

Daryl Millard - Woeful!!! Will not see FG next week. Turned over a lot of ball with brain explosions.

Chris Vaefaga - Tried hard. Got beaten by his opposite number a fair few times. Dont think he knows when to come in and stay out.

Ryan Millard - Played in the halves. Tried hard. Ran the ball. Does not have a kicking game though

Nick Kouparitsas - Played in the halves. Gave away silly penalties. He gave one away whilst he was playing the ball because he was telling the ref off! moron! Keep him in the NSW Cup for now. Although...to be fair he was out of position

Luke Thompson - Was one of our best. Was strong all day. No nonesense from this guy.

Jamie Clark - Was ok - nothing special. Took over the kicking after a while. I am pretty sure it is him...unless we have another arab hooker.

Nathan Armit - No nonsense again. Impressive all day!!

Lorenzo Maafu - Another one of the top performers. Ran it hard and was a handful.

Gary Warburton - Gun. Another top performer. Ran hard, no nonesense.

Reni Maitua - Bad hands, gave penalties away. Keep him in the NSW Cup.

Bench:

Dean Vicelich - This guy impressed me. He is in the Ray Cashmere mould. Big Rangy front rower. Did well I though.

Tamati Nathan - Made a good hit up at the start and then went missing.

Charlie Leano - Powderpuff. Big for nothing. Dropped the ball on numerous occasions. I think he was scared of getting tackled.

Didnt notice anyone else

it's still a pretty tidy looking Dogs side, well done to the Mighty Wenty Magpies for the victory. :)

Skinner

Coach
Mad Goanna said:
What was the Knights line up (Not Big League)

The actual team was :

1 Stephen Gordon
2 Matt Cooper
3 Junior Sau
4 Matthew Burnham
5 Byron Warren
6 Scott Briggs
7 Luke Walsh
8 Mitchell Sargent
9 Chris Hyde
10 Mark Taufoa
11 Willie Tupou
12 Lui Toimoana
13 Michael Young

14 Tanu Wulf
15 Hana Laban
16 Jacob Ling
17 Tyne Owen

2 True Blues

Coach
Sharkie Army Gorilla said:
Wests 32 D Cobras 20

Tries: G Millington, D Cooper, T Robinson, D Rauvicava
Goals: H Berryman 1/2, D Cooper 1/2

Not Shore Who Scored For Wests

Good reply by the Maggies !! ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
enmore boys high said:
Just got back from central coast.Jets were on fire first half came out second half on fire as well until the ref decided to make it a game and penalise the jets 8 in a row to even it up i suppose.It was a good game with tagatese playing for them.The game was made harder that it should have been but it was good for the jets after last weeks slaughter.Man of the match Jimmy Anderson.:D

Who was the ref ?? Penalty count was disgraceful !! :?

2 True Blues

Coach
girvie said:

And how sweet it is mate. Frank would be lookin down with a smile buddy. Gonna be a cracker of a game the Frank Hyde Cup this year. ;-) :cool:

Maybe you blokes will even come close to winning it for a change.

Dogaholic

First Grade
The Bulldogs NSW Cup side will take on the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers with plenty of experience.

Prop Justin Tsoulos will return from a rib injury sustained in round 1 while Reni Maitua locks the scrum and Nick Kouparitsas occupies the back row.

With Reece Blayney still unavailable with a wrist injury, Cameron Phelps has been named at five-eight. Although Phelps is regarded as a centre, in 2003 he played in every game of the Flegg season including the Premiership winning team against Cronulla as a five-eight.

Halfback Aaron Groom has been named but is unlikely to play due to his badly corked thigh. Groom sustained the injury during the round 2 match against Newcastle before pulling out of last weekend's loss to Wentworthville.

1. Brent Crisp
2. Leon Bott
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Daryl Millard
5. Chris Vaefaga
6. Cameron Phelps
7. Aaron Groom
8. Justin Tsoulos
9. Jamie Clark
10. Charlie Leaeno
11. Nick Kouparitsas
12. Gary Warburton
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:
14. Ryan Millard
15. Frank Winterstein
16. Lorenzo Ma'afu
19. Tamati Nathan
20. Luke Thompson
21. Nathan Armit

Cobras Side To Take On Wenty

Warren Dixon
Tom Kerr
Karl Filiga
Victor Ioane
Filinga Filiga
Jess Caine
Tinetali Papalii
Sam Moa
James Storer
Isaac Retzlaffe
Grant Millington
Dean Peters
Dustin Cooper
Interchange
Travis Robinson
TBC
TBC
TBC

girvie said:
It's from the Official programme "Rugby League News". In previous years they have covered only the Junior Reps, but this year they are covering NSW Cup as well, and i think also the Jim Beam Cup.

It's pretty good. They have stats, recent form, injury updates, Flashbacks, Around the Grounds, an article on a feature player (this week Wenty's Kosta Kouparitsas).

It is done by the same people who do Rugby League Review.

do they sell them at the newsagents?

where can i get them?

I believe that RLN is only available at the grounds - NSW Cup or JBC games. Or throught subscription. Saying that, it wasn't for sale at the opening round game between teh Jets and and Cronulla at *ogarah.

girvie

Staff member
Sharkie Army Gorilla said:
do they sell them at the newsagents?

where can i get them?

The mag says:
To have all 32 issues of Rugby League News delivered to your door, please send cheque or money order for $129 (payable to 'Rugby League Review') to PO Box 98, Peakhurst, Sydney, NSW 2210.

Email info@rugbyleaguereview.com and they should be able to send you more information.

girvie

Staff member
I heard Craig Trindall will join the Bulldogs. He was the leading Premier League pointscorer last year with Penrith and last week played halfback for Windsor Jim Beam Cup.

2 True Blues

Coach
So who's playin who this weekend, and whose gonna win guys ??

Jets versus NZ at Henson Park, Sunday game to accomodate the request of the vulcans. Kickoff 3pm.

Dogaholic

First Grade
girvie said:
I heard Craig Trindall will join the Bulldogs. He was the leading Premier League pointscorer last year with Penrith and last week played halfback for Windsor Jim Beam Cup.

Yeah apparently it is due to the loss of Reece Blanely for over half the year.