What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

2 True Blues

Coach
Farkin I know I have posted a few too many un answered posts in a row now, but biting at the bit to findout the vulcans versus manly score from 23/5/08. ?
Can anyone tell me, cause the other sites are not updated till atleast a yawning monday ??

Skinner

Coach
Farkin I know I have posted a few too many un answered posts in a row now, but biting at the bit to findout the vulcans versus manly score from 23/5/08. ?
Can anyone tell me, cause the other sites are not updated till atleast a yawning monday ??

I have deleted it off my phone, but it was a narrow victory to the Manly
side. There was only a few points in it and by all accounts a bloody good
game.

2 True Blues

Coach
I have deleted it off my phone, but it was a narrow victory to the Manly
side. There was only a few points in it and by all accounts a bloody good
game.

Cheers mate. I thought it would be a close one. Vulcans are going pretty well. 37/34, could have gone either way by the sounds of it.

So could have the Parra/Wenty game. Wests must have come close at 32/28.

Jets 20 beat the Tigers 12. ( In the first Neil PRINGLE cup game ).

Stagger eel

Staff member
can anyone tell us at what time today will they be showing the Wenty V Wests match on fox??

Dogaholic

First Grade
Anyone go to the game?

Can you tell me how the following players went for the dogs...

John Kite
Daniel Harrison
Arana Tuamata
Sene Tala

girvie

Staff member
I was there.

Try scorers for Norths were Nathanael Barnes after a great kick from Jeremy Smith into space for Barnes who ran 50m to score. Jaiman Lowe scored from a Ben Rogers kick. In the second half Matt Lamb made a break and set up Ryan Millard for the Bulldogs try. The match was in the balance at 12-6 for quite a while. Jeremy Smith scored after the Bulldogs knocked on and Smith picked up the ball and ran 50m to score. The final try was a bust from Jamie Simpson who passed inside for Samu Wara to score. Greg Nichols converted all 4 Norths tries.

Norths defence won them the game. Canterbury had the majority of possession and a lot of penalties went their way. Norths had a few dubious no try decisions for forward passes or offside.

Kite got smashed a few times causing knock ons. I think he should stay in the NSW Cup so he can get used to the extra physicality of playing against NSW Cup forwards.

Harrison had a high work rate in defence and i thought played quite well but not as dominant as in the NYC games i've seen on tv.

Taumata looked ok but i don't think he got much game time. Tala didn't standout.

Roland

Juniors
Will Manly have a team in 2009 NSW State Cup when this happens:

Wide Bay Rugby League president Danny McGuire sums up the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles’ case for entry into next year’s Queensland Cup with a simple analogy: “The pie’s been baked, it just needs to be taken out of the oven”.
The Queensland Rugby League board will meet on June 19 to discuss the Sea Eagles’ desire to secure a license into the state’s biggest competition.
And McGuire, himself a QRL board member, is highly confident the Sea Eagles have satisfied the criteria needed to be given the green light.
Facilities, playing staff and the ability to meet budget are the main criteria the club will need to meet to be granted its wish.
“It’s like a jigsaw puzzle. You’ve got the players, the facilities, the money, the background, the administration... all the parts are there,” McGuire said.
“There’s no way the QRL will be against it happening, provided they meet those criteria.
“Now those criteria are met, I can’t see any reason why we can’t get a tick in the box.
“The QRL are probably a bit cautious in saying yes because of teams coming and going over the years, but the Sea Eagles have had three years to iron out the bugs.”
With around $500,000 needed to make Queensland Cup entry viable, McGuire estimates the Sea Eagles have that covered, with more to spare.
“I think they’ve got sponsorship equivalent to about $700,000,” McGuire said.
That figure includes coach’s wages provided by NRL affiliate club Manly, its agreement with Stockland Park and internal sponsorship.
Manly will also provide around six or seven players from its squad each week that fail to be selected for the NRL.
“The QRL recognises the need for a strong local competition in this area, because the Sunshine Coast is developing so rapidly and there’s a lot of pressure from other sports,” McGuire said.
“It’s part of the QRL strategy to get a Q Cup team here.”
McGuire added the influx of playing talent from Brookvale, as well as the “come home” factor, would ensure player quality wasn’t a factor.
“We’ve got about a dozen players who come from Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast who have indicated they want to come back here and play in the Q Cup,” he said.
“It’s not as if we won’t have the players, they’ll be there.”
McGuire said a local Queensland Cup presence was critical to ensure young talent doesn’t have to travel to Brisbane to further its games.
“We’ve currently got players here on the Coast who go to school here, but have to play in Brisbane in an under-18 competition,” he said.
“How ridiculous is that?”

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets into second place. Makes for a good game of footy at Henson Park when we play the Bears next game. 1st versus 2nd again in the Frank Hyde Cup/Shield. Gonna big a big day out for sure. can't wait. Jets doubled the Parra / Wenty score by the looks of it, but until the last 18 minutes it was close.

image.php

Newtown v Wentworthville match results

Written by: Bumper Dwyer
June 1st, 2008 7:00pm

NSWRL VB NSW Cup
Sunday, 1st June 2008
Ringrose Park
Wentworthville v Newtown
Kick-Off: 3.00pm.
Wentworthville is Parramatta’s feeder club in the NSWRL VB NSW Cup competition.
Newtown 28:
Brent Grose, Luke Gordon, Toshio Laiseni, Mickey Paea tries;
Luke Millwood 3 conversions, 3 penalty goals
defeated
Wentworthville (Parramatta) 12:
James Maloney 2 tries, 2 conversions.
Newtown’s team was:
Shaun Foley.
Tevita Folau, Byron Ford
Brent Grose, Toshio Laiseni
Luke Branighan, Luke Millwood
Jimmy Andersen
Mickey Paea, Shaun Rudder
Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Khalid Deeb
Luke Gordon.
Interchange:
Rory Kostjasyn, Daniel Green, Ray Moujalli, Steve Meredith.

Half-Time: 12-all.
Newtown led 16-12 with 18 minutes remaining.

Referee: Robert Bowen.
Touch Judges: David Ryan, Gavin West.
Weather: Cold, overcast, light showers in the second half.
Playing surface: Excellent.

2 True Blues

Coach
Checkout www.nswrl.com.au

The for and againsts are very interesting I reckon. Wests have a top attack all of a sudden. Manly and Parra are even on the same (+)plus points as well. Very close in the top four hey ?
Though with Jets having the best defence and Norths having the best attack, how good is the Frank Hyde Cup/shield going to be this year. ??

Awesome. Though the rooster players in the state of origin ( 3 days prior ) ? may affect the jets line-up for this game. I hope by not too much if the SOO players are rested and rotations commence etc.

Still should be a great game though on Saturday 14/6/08.

Last edited: