What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

girvie

Staff member
With a split round anyone looking for a good game of rugby league should come along to North Sydney on Saturday.

North Sydney Bears Coach Wayne Lambkin has named his team to take on the Central Coast this Saturday 17 May at 2:30pm at North Sydney Oval.

The Bears side is:

1. Samu Wara
2. Nathanael Barnes
3. Germaine Paulson
4. Jamie Simpson
5. John Tamanika
6. Ben Rogers
7. Jeremy Smith
8. Scott Geddes
9. Charlie Herekotukutuku
10. Michael Greenfield
11. Jaiman Lowe
12. Yileen Gordon
13. Ben Lowe

Interchange:

14. Ryan Verlinden
15. Luke Grant
16. Daniel Sayegh
17. Matt Hunt
18. Sean Dalton
19. Greg Nichols
20. John Koborsi
23. Shaune Corrigan

Coach – Wayne Lambkin

2 True Blues

Coach
Newtown RLFC

jets_centenary_logo_small.jpg

Centenary Highlights

14 June, vs Norths, Henson
Frank Hyde Shield, Decider
June/July
Centenary dinner
6 Sept, vs Balmain, Henson
Trevor Ryan-Neil Pringle Shield, Decider
Charles "Chicka" Cahill
Premiership winning Newtown forward in the 1940s and actively involved with the Bluebags for the next forty years.

So we have a week off now hey, guys. Do all of the teams have the weekend off, or is there someone still playing like the other week ( wests/knights). etc.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Final Winter is finally out on FOX . Gonna kick back and catch some jets on TV in the off week.

LOL....Even if it is "more than very "loosely based upon reality.. Am yet to see this movie though. I wanted to see it at the cinema with my brother but missed it. Am I wasting my time ??? Or shall it be worth the watch.

Am looking forward to seeing Henson on TV again actually. I was at the game when they filmed the crowd ( at halftime btw a real P/League game at the time , with their own movie extra's included admist etc )and have noticed some of 'our' banners in the backdrop, but did not mingle intentionally with the crowd on the other Hill at the time. Avoided the camera as usual, lol....

Am looking forward to seeing it though. It started it's run on FOX last night I think and is on several channels at once, so there are heaps of start times on offer etc.

bluebags.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why didn't they just leave it on the Saturday so there was no clash whatsoever?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're telling me a backwater Union club takes precedence over the NSWRL? :crazy:

Bulldogs lead Windsor 12-10 at halftime in NSW Cup

2 True Blues

Coach
Manly/Auckland should be a good game. Tough to pick one there. Guess it depends who is playing NRL etc.

Gonna go for Manly though for jets sake i hope they lose.

Jets should win against Tig's but with ONE game in three weeks for the jets who knows. Gonna go for blues though.

Wests against parra/wenty. A true test of how well wests have been going in recent weeks, smashing solidly into the top 8 after beating their brother side the Tig's. But on paper surely the money would be on the eels/wenty side. ??

Manly/Jets/Eels. The favourites on paper. But shall it be an upset round with all these breaks in play with the split rounds. ??

Am obviously hoping for a Vulcans and Wests victory as well as jets one though in the perfect jets fan scenario. Can Wests get up this weekend guys ??? Again !!