What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

girvie

Staff member
This afternoon they are showing Norths vs Newtown at 5pm on Foxsports 2!

2 True Blues

Coach
I didnt think jets were all that bad when I watched it, paused it, re-wound it, etc etc.

It was pretty much the Hegarty show, with many NRL stars that more than likely wont play for Norths come semi final time anyway.

I am not fased at all by that performance. A lot of the Norths trys were very close things. And they certainly had the luck of the bounce and wind in their favor.

Not a prob.

jets are still in this for sure !!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Well the gap btw the top 4 and 5th place just got a little wider, after Jets got up against wests tonight at C'town stadium.

Jets led 28/20 at the halftime break, and won the game 40/28.

2 True Blues

Coach
Moss Vale captain coach, Trevor Schodel, formerly of Wentworthville and Newtown, will be assistant coach with the Cronulla Cobras in 2008.

I had forgotten Trev was with the Sharks now. With Trev and lance they have been going better the sharks.

Last edited:

Jeffles

Bench
It was 42-28. Newtown kicked a penalty after the bell. I'd left on the bell and didn't know they kicked one.

Just got back from game.Meredith man of the match followed by Moujalli.We were all over them but we kept doing some stupid things and kept them in the game.We should have smashed them.:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Results so far:

Newtown 42 Western Suburbs 28 @ Campbelltown
Bulldogs 29 Cronulla Cobras 22 @ The Crest
Balmain R/E 30 drew North Sydney 30 @ Leichhardt

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
Results so far:

Thanks Tim, was curious over the other results. Dogs and sharks looks like it was a close one. Field goal taken by the dogs in that scoreline.

You know I had a feeling that Norths might get beaten this weekend. Dont know why, but honestly did, and I did not even know who they were playing. When I checked I thought, no way will Tig's beat them, what was i thinkin. How strong have Tig's been at home this season. Yet cant win crap when away.

30 all draw hey ??? Apparently Norths were down 30/20 with 5 minutes left and came back on the buzzer. No SMITH would have made a difference to them though. HEGARTY and SMITH won that game last week against the Jets when we had our bad day out. That makes things a little more interesting.

Any word on the Parra versus Manly game ?? Or is that one on tomorrow ?

**** Just heard nths were missing Hegarty as well as Smith, rudderless it would appear without these 2. ****A different nths side for sure. ****???

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ROUND 12

Friday
Saturday
Windsor 27 Central Coast 20 @ Windsor
Today
Central Newcastle 52 Auckland 4 @ EAS, 9:55am
Wentworthville 30 Manly 8 @ Ringrose, 3:00pm

Next week the matches are split and crazy :x One of them got played three weeks back (WSvBT @ Pratten) and a R18 game (BT v Cobras) is included in the fixturing this weekend :crazy:

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
These split rounds are stuffing the in form teams momentum in my opinion. Dont know the answer though with SOO on though. Would be probably worse to play with a depleted side in eithercase i suppose.

Gonna back Central coast against Windsor as Penrith will probably be pretty depleted, having said that they have a big juniors area, and may go better with the the players out in NRL than they have been, if someone new gets a chance and lifts etc.

Newcastle and Aukland ( toss a coin ) and the same goes for the Parra versus manly match. But I reckon Manly will get up in a close one.

2 True Blues

Coach
windsor 47 centrall coast 20 nsw cup

There ya go. Nothing like a prediction to reveal a score from somewhere. ;-) Ta mate.

Plenty of depth out Penrith way . Would not have thought on past form the storm would have been smashed like that, but they more than most would be suffering with the SOO selections I suppose at the higher level.

murraymob

Coach
i think the windsor score might be 27 to 20 the scores i was given add up to 27 my mate had been on the drink when he gave score then try scorers
windsor 27

tries to D.Randall,T Muscat,D Georgiou,J Nuumalii,P.Aiton
Goals D Georgiou, 3
Field goals J Mc Crone 1