What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

imasharkie

Coach
another great win by the Lance Thompson coached Cronulla Cobras. I think we're off the bottom of the ladder now.

2 True Blues

Coach
Didn't see you yesterday Mr Girvan. Your boys will need to get back that winning feeling soon if you want to win the minor premiership. Wenty have Newtown to come, but their other four games are against the bottom 4. Would be no surprise to see them win all 5.

Steady on. :?;-)

Jets beat Wenty/Parra 1st game up. They will do it again. :sarcasm:
( crosses fingers ). Though the cupboard is getting a little bare.

With Windsor beating Tig's ( by a mere 4 darn points !!!!!!!),They are now level in 4th spot with us on points alone, ( though and 4 and against is still much higher ). Jets have to play them again in the last 5 games. If they beat us again, and by a " good " score. ( Could be a worry ).

Jets need a win. 4th spot is gonna be fought out btw Jets, Windsor, and Wests IMO.

And it's an important spot come semi's.

baddog

Juniors
magpies would have to win all 5 to get 4th i'd say. can't see both newtown and windsor only winning 2 games on the run home.

2 True Blues

Coach
Interesting though Re injuries etc recent form mate IMO.

Jets beat Wenty/Parra 1st game this season, and have not beaten them twice in a season since returning to nswrl in yr 2000.( let alone being injury depleted currently ). Also. Windsor are very hungry. Taken we lose both those games ( for interest sake ), the pressure would surely be on us.

Hang on.

www.nswrl.com.au ( will have a look ).

2 True Blues

Coach
We have to beat Newcastle, Tigers, and Central Coast also. I think by memory we beat all of these sides first game this season. But there were close results in these games . Even when we had more players on deck.

I think we are in some trouble.

2 True Blues

Coach
No mate.
I couldn't get anyone to take me over to Henson.

sh*t mate. So you still have not made it yet. ;-):lol:

Cobra's are coming good late in the season mate. :cool:

Tough run home though for them Norths, manly and Wenty to come.

Go The Sharks !!! ( The dark horses )

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
Interesting though Re injuries etc recent form mate IMO.

Jets beat Wenty/Parra 1st game this season, and have not beaten them twice in a season since returning to nswrl in yr 2000.( let alone being injury depleted currently ). Also. Windsor are very hungry. Taken we lose both those games ( for interest sake ), the pressure would surely be on us.

Hang on.

www.nswrl.com.au ( will have a look ).

It's gonna be tight I reckon..... 4th is up for grabs. :?

2 True Blues

Coach
Good day at NSO yestrday...fillet steak on the BBQ just inside the entrance a clever move, impossible to pass up.
Some good footy from the Maggies too...havin a chit chat with a few Bears fans back to the car....they dont take losses lightly he he

Maggies are coming very good at the right time of year.

Steak on the BBQ. A lesson learnt from Henson Park perhaps Bears !?? Always a winner... ;-):cool::lol:

yappy

Bench
Magpies 26 - Bulldogs 14 in a scrappy game. Doggies were niggly trying to slow the play the ball and raking which explains our completions in the 50% for both halves and the Maggies winning a penalty count for once in a blue moon 10-3.

Watch out 2TB we're coming to get you.

With Cutler and probably Gallant back next week we're going to have our backline back in it's try scoring form, whilst the last two weeks has really asked our forwards to step up and they've done so manfully. One of the bench forwards who has really done a great job for us lately is likely to miss out against the Vulcans which is tough on them, but gee it's nice to have that sort of depth and a spot in the finals almost wrapped up after the last couple of years.

girvie

Staff member
This is what i've heard that the finals schedule is:
Week 1 - Top 4 teams have a home final
Week 2 - Double header at Ringrose Park
Week 3 - Double header at Campbelltown Stadium
Week 4 - Grand Final at Telstra Stadium.