What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

2 True Blues

Coach
The Vulcans should have a late season surge with Witty on board!

Have you seen the Jets ( whats left from Roosters injury ) lineup for this game. They probably wont need Witty mate. lol....

Frank Paul and SKD out for 4 weeks now for Roosters depletes us even further in having to fill more NRL gaps,, and we also lost one of leading try scorers Byron FORD ( out for season injured ) now.

:lol:

Witty to save the day. ( Spare me ). Jets have nothing left.

2 True Blues

Coach
Any more results at all anyone, or just the ones that make the male chics feel warm and Witty ?

;-):lol::sarcasm:

2 True Blues

Coach

In an Australian first, Northern Suburbs will play West Harbour in the Tooheys New Shute Shield at 1.30pm, followed at 3pm by the NSW Cup league game between North Sydney Bears and Western Suburbs.

At a time when the Sonny Bill Williams drama has increased tensions between the codes, Northern Suburbs and North Sydney are working together to mend bridges and form close ties.

"We hope it will be the start of relationship between the two clubs," North Sydney general manager and Bears legend Greg Florimo said.

The rivals are already sharing a gym and that is set to extend to other areas.

"If we combine our resources we become a stronger unit," Florimo said.

And down the track Florimo could see the day when the two clubs actually swap players.

Interesting initiative. Well done to them in thinking towards the future.

Florimo is a godsend for the North Sydney Bears IMO.

sh*t I miss Col MURPHY. Where is the heart and passion at the Bluebags "again" this season without Col holding the reins. :?

Top move by the Bears though this Girvie IMO.

eelz47

Coach
In other results Wentworthville beat Central Coast Storm 24-6

And I think the Bears lost to Wests 38-26

2 True Blues

Coach
How good are Wests going. !?

Goes back to a comment I made above prior to even knowing this result. Wenty and Manly are really making a late run at the first place position in this comp now by the looks of it.

But Jets will be lucky to stay in the 8 with our current depth and line-up IMO.

yappy

Bench
Wests are going very good thank you very much, and with a bit of luck (and better defence around the ruck especially) we'd be going even better. Top performance today from the Maggies. We were down 22-10 at half time and Ndaira was cutting us up, but we shut him down in the second half and that shut Norths down. Flanagan had an absolute blinder for us scoring a hat-trick (his first since U/7s he reckons) and creating plenty more.

I'll enjoy comparing the leaguetv coverage to the coverage of that other mob.

But it's back to work to prepare for the Bulldogs.

As for Newtown - 20 points is already enough to make the 8 2TB. Probably guarantees you at least 6th I'd say. The bluebags will be firing again soon enough, as will the bears.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah a top 8 spot wont IMO help us though Yappy.

And Windsor should after winning this weekend, be level with us in 4th on comp points( only behind by early season form ( due to jets for and against ).

We have 5 games left ?? And we have to play Windsor again.

Not good for us IMO. Especially with another Parra/Wenty game coming up in the other 4 games as well. . ( there could go that for and against as well ) lol...

With the NRl side playing NRL semi final football in the same season, a top 4 spot is IMO our only hope ( with current injury situation ).

I dont think this Jets side can make it to a 2008 G/Final unless they are placed in the top 4. ( In the current climate ). (and thats even with some injuries comin back )

Good to see wests goin well though mate.Thats for sure.

Last edited:

girvie

Staff member
Norths have now won only 2 of their last 6.

Wenty, Manly and Wests are in good form and are now the 3 favourites.

2 True Blues

Coach
I know how ya feel Girvie.I know it dont make it feel any better, but I really do. ( winks ).

Yet Souths wont make the top NRL 8, so it's all still good for you blokes, whereas Roosters shall. As such jets will suffer accordingly.

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
I heard back that jets campaign at centenary glory did not apparently manage to get any more injuries !?

Did you guys come out of that loss also injury free Girv's ?

2 True Blues

Coach
Interesting initiative. Well done to them in thinking towards the future.

Florimo is a godsend for the North Sydney Bears IMO.

sh*t I miss Col MURPHY. Where is the heart and passion at the Bluebags "again" this season without Col holding the reins. :?

Top move by the Bears though this Girvie IMO.

But then again. In hindsight. If a player gets injured who cops the bill then Re insurance etc etc. Some work still to be done in that area girvie !?

Top move towards a solid future though ,all the same.

Love the passion of Florimo for your club mate.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
Good day at NSO yestrday...fillet steak on the BBQ just inside the entrance a clever move, impossible to pass up.
Some good footy from the Maggies too...havin a chit chat with a few Bears fans back to the car....they dont take losses lightly he he

yappy

Bench
wonders will never cease. NSWRL has the results posted already.

2/08/2008
Auckland Vulcans
32 - 12
Newtown Jets
Mt Smart (No2)
More
2/08/2008
Central Coast Storm
6 - 24
Wentworthville
Morrie Breen Oval
More
3/08/2008
Central Newcastle
22 - 36
Cronulla Cobras
Gardens Sporting Complex
More
1/08/2008
Manly Sea Eagles
30 - 22
Bulldogs
Brookvale Oval
More
2/08/2008
North Sydney Bears
26 - 38
Wests Magpies
North Sydney Oval
More
2/08/2008
Windsor Wolves
26 - 22
Balmain-Ryde Tigers
Windsor Sports Complex
More

yappy

Bench
Didn't see you yesterday Mr Girvan. Your boys will need to get back that winning feeling soon if you want to win the minor premiership. Wenty have Newtown to come, but their other four games are against the bottom 4. Would be no surprise to see them win all 5.