What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

Copperhead

Juniors
Well, if that makes you feel better when you snuggle up next to Wade, so be it. But you're still wrong.

abpanther

Staff member
Wade has had plenty of opportunities and has shown very little, physically he is not FG material, not yet anyway...

stretcher

Juniors
Well, if that makes you feel better when you snuggle up next to Wade, so be it. But you're still wrong.
But of course you must be right and signing gordon two days after wade announces leaving dosent ring a suss bell for you and we all know gordon is a better player so why would they offer wade more money to stay and why would he leave for less or better opportunity its because he is leaving is the reason he was dropped to 20s not to help them they are gone its smells of sooky coach not getting what he wants and wade has not set the world on fire but he hasnt let the team either and if you bothered to read my past posts you would see i dont rate wade but you have blown in and talked it up copperhead more like c@#$head

Fibroman

First Grade
It's a different story for the big boppers in the forwards. Sometimes they don't hit their straps until their mid 20's, but if a half or 5/8th hasn't started to shine by the age of 21 (as a general rule) they are headed for park footy.

MountainMan

Juniors
Whats the story with greg waddell?...I noticed his contract is up this year...are we giving him a contract extention?

Fibroman

First Grade
I hope the Panthers put some sort of offer on the table. He has been injury riddled, but we have absolutely nothing at all on the horizon in the back line. Greg would be worth having a punt on in my opinion.

stretcher

Juniors
My mail is Waddell will be made an offer to extend.
With four games left does anyone else think that the 20s should be blooding some players from the ball squad for next year especially forwards considering the majority of the forwards will be 21 next year and not to mention that midget hooker that they persist with Damien Cook and Blake South would run rings around him and the coach should hang his head in shame if he thinks he is the best they have got and hopefully he dosent coach them next year..

greenfins

Juniors
With four games left does anyone else think that the 20s should be blooding some players from the ball squad for next year especially forwards considering the majority of the forwards will be 21 next year and not to mention that midget hooker that they persist with Damien Cook and Blake South would run rings around him and the coach should hang his head in shame if he thinks he is the best they have got and hopefully he dosent coach them next year..

I heard coach is looking to give a number of the ball players a run before end of year. I see a few of the Ball forwards have been named 18th man the last couple of games.

Agree that the 20's should definitely give Southy a run.

BOMAR

Juniors
I heard coach is looking to give a number of the ball players a run before end of year. I see a few of the Ball forwards have been named 18th man the last couple of games.

Agree that the 20's should definitely give Southy a run.
Lets hope the sg ball boys do have something to add to the 20s, but realistically this years ball side did no better than last years ball side. Personally i think penrith have got excactly out of the current crop of 20's that they put into them. Nothing. Developement for this age group was an absolute joke. They employed an sg ball coach that believed at 18 they didnt need structure because they were still playing for fun. They cancelled the tour to New Zealand, then they missed out on the tour to england. They bought in a new policy of not picking a squad,instead opting for selecting a team.

stretcher

Juniors
Lets hope the sg ball boys do have something to add to the 20s, but realistically this years ball side did no better than last years ball side. Personally i think penrith have got excactly out of the current crop of 20's that they put into them. Nothing. Developement for this age group was an absolute joke. They employed an sg ball coach that believed at 18 they didnt need structure because they were still playing for fun. They cancelled the tour to New Zealand, then they missed out on the tour to england. They bought in a new policy of not picking a squad,instead opting for selecting a team.
Ive got to disagree with you on this years ball side because this years side finished 6th and got beat in extra time with only 16 fit players for that game apparently three players in John Taefu,Nick Matai and Sean Pickup pulled out injured and sick the night before the game thats a big loss normally but one was a prop and one a half and then Darcy Horgan played 10mins and got injured and the year befores teams only made the semis because it was the top 12 that year and they ran tenth and your right they lost a year under Bob Belowaverage no idea,.......

greenfins

Juniors
I hear Darcy Horgan played his first game for 20's off the bench last weekend.

Anyone know how he went, did any of the other SG Ball players get a run in 20's.

greenfins

Juniors
I heard he went ok and i noticed that Sam Hollis is number 16 this week..

Thanks Stretch, good for Sam. I think a few of the boys will see some time off the bench over the final 4 games.

Is it true that the majority of the current 20's will be too old next season.

BOMAR

Juniors
Thanks Stretch, good for Sam. I think a few of the boys will see some time off the bench over the final 4 games.

Panthers: 1. Matt Moylan 2. Andrew Pelasio 3. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 4. Derek Duff 5. Allan Eisenhuth 6. Blake Austin 14. Damien Cook 8. TJ Fonoti 9. Daniel Mahoney 10. Everett Vaurasi (C) 11. Jake Grace 12. Sarafu Fatiaki 13. Reece Goldsmith
Interchange: 15. Kyle Fraser 16. Andrew Pritchard (C) 20. Sam Hollis 21. Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi 22. Greg Waddell 24. Mitch Davis

Of the team selected for this week, moylan,pelasio, watene,eisenhuth,austin,cook,mahoney,grace,fraser, and there is seijka,tia kilifi and hollis, are all still eligible for next year.

Rather than blooding the sgball players, which we already know how they are going, I think it would have been more beneficial to give the likes of Mat Penitani, Kurt Horton, Josh Meehan, Kilifi Tia Kilifi etc, a start considering they have been in squad all year and are training with team still. These guys will be 20 next year and I think it is important to know if they will handle the step up, better to know now than pick them again next year and not use them. As you can see above the majority of our team is young and it is ideally better to have the majority the right age, with a good compliment of quality younger ones.

Last edited:

BOMAR

Juniors

Panthers: 1. Matt Moylan 2. Andrew Pelasio 3. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 4. Derek Duff 5. Allan Eisenhuth 6. Blake Austin 14. Damien Cook 8. TJ Fonoti 9. Daniel Mahoney 10. Everett Vaurasi (C) 11. Jake Grace 12. Sarafu Fatiaki 13. Reece Goldsmith
Interchange: 15. Kyle Fraser 16. Andrew Pritchard (C) 20. Sam Hollis 21. Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi 22. Greg Waddell 24. Mitch Davis
Of the team selected for this week, moylan,pelasio, watene,eisenhuth,austin,cook,mahoney,grace,fraser, and there is seijka.

Rather than blooding the sgball players, which we already know how they are going, I think it would have been more beneficial to give the likes of Mat Penitani, Kurt Horton, Josh Meehan, Kilifi Tia Kilifi etc, a start considering they have been in squad all year and are training with team still. These guys will be 20 next year and I think it is important to know if they will handle the step up, better to know now than pick them again next year and not use them. As you can see above the majority of our team is young and it is ideally better to have the majority the right age, with a good compliment of quality younger ones.

The Teach

Juniors
Another factor moving forward next year is that the current coach will not be continuing as Toyota Cup coach. My information is, and this is direct from one of the players in the 20s squad, is that Alex Melville will be taking over as coach next season. That, combined with the huge amount of players in that squad still eligible for next season, should in my opinion see our 20s team improve greatly. Melville is a sensational judge of talent, and will hopefully select players in position next year.

Latest posts