What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

nqcowboy87

Bench
just on the windsor team

i find it interesting and baffling at the same time as to why they continue to play trindall at halfback.No offence against craig but Elliott is not going to pick him in first grade.You would think being the second side a half would be getting groomed for the step up

actually thats not a bad idea id say give some of the better performing u 20's players a run for windsor for a couple of weeks and then send them back to under 20's battle hardened

franklin2323

Immortal
Windsor game is on fox at 5 tonight. I will be interested in other peoples point of view on Laurie and Earl. Laurie's offloads to thin air would of been snapped up by a flying Coote or Jennings and 4 try assists

Fibroman

First Grade
just on the windsor team

i find it interesting and baffling at the same time as to why they continue to play trindall at halfback.No offence against craig but Elliott is not going to pick him in first grade.You would think being the second side a half would be getting groomed for the step up

Not disagreeing with you MM, but the other side of the coin is that Trindall is a very good organiser and very experienced. He may be able to get the best out of players around him, whereas an inexperienced half may not?

Supporter

Juniors
Windsor game is on fox at 5 tonight. I will be interested in other peoples point of view on Laurie and Earl. Laurie's offloads to thin air would of been snapped up by a flying Coote or Jennings and 4 try assists

The game is at 430 on Fox Sports, and mate you are twit if you think Daine Laurie played remotely near a good game last weekend. His tackles were in effective, he gave away 3 or 4 vital penalties and dropped the ball on numerous occasions. He was lazy in support and in defence.

To clutch at straws by saying if he was in first grade he would have four try assists is idiotic and if you think he is remotely near ready for first grade you should give yourself an uppercut!

franklin2323

Immortal
The game is at 430 on Fox Sports, and mate you are twit if you think Daine Laurie played remotely near a good game last weekend. His tackles were in effective, he gave away 3 or 4 vital penalties and dropped the ball on numerous occasions. He was lazy in support and in defence.

To clutch at straws by saying if he was in first grade he would have four try assists is idiotic and if you think he is remotely near ready for first grade you should give yourself an uppercut!

Did he not drop the ball inside our attacking 10 offloading??? Yes idiot so as I said with support it may of been different. I guess that makes Petero a fool also I was sitting behind him and all 3 times he said cmon where's the support??? So they plan to have him offloading with support so close to the line.

As for not effective he smashed a couple of guys with big hits

But 65 mins when you have played 2 games all year is impressive.

Lets take a poll on here shall we and lets see. who wants an offloading forward possibly making a few errors or a basic forward with no second phase play.

He has that X factor we need. If we want basic we have Cooper, Bell, Puletua, Smith all the same style no offloads nothing special. But if we want something else he is the man.

As for him ready for NRL maybe not straight away but if Pritchard doesn't play and Trent is injured in SOO. He is more capable of a making an impact off the bench for 20 mins or so more so then Masada or Paulo.

franklin2323

Immortal
Its one thing to offload to support and another thing entirely to offload to thin air as you mentioned.

Yes but we don't know maybe someone in the other team called for it and he got mixed up or Windsor called a set play move and no one went with him. Who knows. All I am saying if they go to hand everyone's saying wow what are player. I want some risks in our game some linebreaks, offloads etc. No one can do that so I am not going to go off at a player that's trying new stuff

Bob

Juniors
Just finished watching the game and was impressed by some of the players

Sandor Earl - sign him to a Penrith contract (I think he is on a Windsor Contract)

Ryan Walker - Same as Sandor Earl

Dane Laurie - Not far away from 1st grade, had some good charges (carried 4 players 10 metres before being put down), timing in defense was out as well

Joseph Paulo - Sign him to a Windsor contract only

Craig Trindal - Sign him to a Hawkesbury City contract only

Dave Simmons - Windsor contract only

Ali Beale - Bring him back to the 20's

Aaron Sweeney - Sign him to Jenny Craig - carrying to much weight

Kilkenny

Coach
Aaron Sweeney - Sign him to Jenny Craig - carrying to much weight

If the Panthers and Aaron Sweeney make a commitment to the same diet and fitness regime which has seen the emergence of Sam McKendry in the top grade in 2010 then from what I have seen Sweeney could be value as a fringe first grader in 2011.

Despite his age, we have seen any number of examples of front rowers making an impact in the NRL in there mid to late twenties. Jessie Royal former panther is one example who came good later rather than sooner.

Certainly Aaron Sweeney with his current weight is unlikely to make his debut in 2010 but with the right fitness regime I think he could do a job if called upon in 2011. Commitment and determination is not an issue with Sweeney.

Last edited:

greenfins

Juniors
Good to see a few wins happening for the U20's team, does anyone know how many are actually in the squad at present it looks huge.

Whats been the difference with the team over the past few weeks, who have been the standouts.

franklin2323

Immortal
The squad is about 30. we lost players like Seaton, Beale, Hardimarkos but got a few SG ball players up.

The Difference I say is SG Ball players adding confidence to the team. Seijka, Eisenhuth especially have impressed me. Farkas, Vaurasi have really lifted the last few weeks

franklin2323

Immortal
A mate from NZ sent me a copy of the game. Beale, Earl, Bateman and Simmons were outstanding. We should sign Earl, Beale and Walker up for next year instantly

Try scorers were: Beale 3 Earl 2, Simmons, Schubert. Trindall kicked 6 conversions

MountainMan

Juniors
I dont understand how Trevor Bolt plays Toyota Cup last year and NSW Cup last year and Bundy last year..but this year cant get a run with the 20s?
When he is 20 this year,How does that work?

stretcher

Juniors
I dont understand how Trevor Bolt plays Toyota Cup last year and NSW Cup last year and Bundy last year..but this year cant get a run with the 20s?
When he is 20 this year,How does that work?
Its because he wouldnt train ive heard and dont judge form from the bundy cup its not a good comp twenties is way faster its more like a good AGRADE comp they only train twice a week.

greenfins

Juniors
Can someone explain the Bundy cup, top rung is NRL, then NSW Cup, I don't know where Bundy fits say as opposed to U20 or Local A grade comp

greenfins

Juniors
Thanks Franklin, I never understood the Bundy cup concept. I am living north of the border so was not up to date with the comps.

nqcowboy87

Bench
If the Panthers and Aaron Sweeney make a commitment to the same diet and fitness regime which has seen the emergence of Sam McKendry in the top grade in 2010 then from what I have seen Sweeney could be value as a fringe first grader in 2011.

Despite his age, we have seen any number of examples of front rowers making an impact in the NRL in there mid to late twenties. Jessie Royal former panther is one example who came good later rather than sooner.

Certainly Aaron Sweeney with his current weight is unlikely to make his debut in 2010 but with the right fitness regime I think he could do a job if called upon in 2011. Commitment and determination is not an issue with Sweeney.

as said before i think he needs to get back to 08 form andd fitneess, he was outstanding for ipswich and earned a broncos contract, played a couple of games and then dissapeared

and greenfins if you follow the queensland cup, bundy cup is sort of like our fogs cup

nqcowboy87

Bench
A mate from NZ sent me a copy of the game. Beale, Earl, Bateman and Simmons were outstanding. We should sign Earl, Beale and Walker up for next year instantly

Try scorers were: Beale 3 Earl 2, Simmons, Schubert. Trindall kicked 6 conversions

do you reckon you could make a copy of the game which i could purchase?