What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

Kilkenny

Coach
It's been pleasing to see the NYC team turn there season around and rack up a few wins. Still not likely to be around when the whips are cracking around semi final time but they at least have strung some goods win together which is very pleasing for the boys, coaching staff and club.

MrPanther

Juniors
dont write off the NYC boys they are in 13th on the ladder but if they beat parra who have only won 2 games today they will move to 11th and within striking distance of the 8 i believe they will make it get behind them

isaiah

Bench
interesting to see viapuna tia-kilifi named on an extended bench for nyc this week, hope he plays!

murraymob

Coach
vapuna deserves the shot i think he may have been there earlier if not just competing in the australian championships.

stretcher

Juniors
vapuna deserves the shot i think he may have been there earlier if not just competing in the australian championships.
The main reason kilifi hasnt been there earlier had a bad knee injury and played only one sgball comp game in round 2 and only come back two weeks before the aussie champs he is still a bit underdone but when he is totally fit lookout he hasnt played a lot of footy this year and probably would of been a massive loss to the ball this year on top of not having dilan curtis and losing tyrone viiga to the sharks its a wonder they made the semis let alone the three other forwards they lost the week leading into the semi against melbourne to get beat in extra time..

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I was impressed with Vaipuna's efforts in a losing side on Saturday. A couple more games and he should be back to his best.

greenfins

Juniors
Big boost for the 20's this week, heard Wade Graham dropped from 1st grade, so the 20's said come play for us... was to be off the bench, but now the move to Sharks confirmed, probably wont play 1st grade again this year unless injuries impact.

stretcher

Juniors
Big boost for the 20's this week, heard Wade Graham dropped from 1st grade, so the 20's said come play for us... was to be off the bench, but now the move to Sharks confirmed, probably wont play 1st grade again this year unless injuries impact.
If that happens it will just show how much of a dope matt elliot is dont get me wrong im not a wade fan he is to slow to play in the halves and wouldnt do enough work in the pack but the club expect players to perform to the potential if they are not wanted by the club the following year they expect proffessionalism and are not doing the same in return by dropping him out they might as well let him go this year could you imagine the bulldogs not playing Ben Hannat even though he is going next year/...and the same goes for Luke Patten and not to mention all those melbourne storm players that are going....they want loyalty then give loyalty.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm all for dropping players if they sign elsewhere for the following season and we have a suitable replacement. Especially if it's in a spine position where we need to develop combinations.

So long as Travis Burns is fit, we can afford to drop Wade Graham. Why continue to develop Wade Graham and work on his partnership with Luke Walsh when he won't be with us next season?

The only bad side is that him leaving the club on bad terms ruins our chances at bringing him back here in the future. Although I can't see why he would want to come back here anyway... he would be much better off heading to a club with a great coach and making sure he has every advantage possible to reach his potential.

franklin2323

Immortal
His form has been patchy the last few weeks so it may be form related. I heard he didn't give the club a right of reply and just left. A few guys got annoyed IF this is true then for team harmony it's a good option to keep him in NYC. He might help them make the finals a long shot but not out of the question should they win EVERY game

Kilkenny

Coach
The hype surrounding Wade Graham haven't quite been matched by his on field performances.

Wade is still young and clearly has a lot of growing to do which when he is fully grown in a year or two he may attain the build of a Anasta or Barrett and perhaps he will reach his true potential.

At present however, he is not a true playmaker, has little running game, his kicking game is not quite up to the mark and he supposed passing ability has yet to translate into try assists.

The Walsh - Burns combination is the one we now must concentrate on in the remaining competition rounds of the season and hopefully a finals campaign.

Fibroman

First Grade
The hype surrounding Wade Graham haven't quite been matched by his on field performances.

Wade is still young and clearly has a lot of growing to do which when he is fully grown in a year or two he may attain the build of a Anasta or Barrett and perhaps he will reach his true potential.

At present however, he is not a true playmaker, has little running game, his kicking game is not quite up to the mark and he supposed passing ability has yet to translate into try assists.

The Walsh - Burns combination is the one we now must concentrate on in the remaining competition rounds of the season and hopefully a finals campaign.

You can't have 2 strictly playmakers in the halves to succeed. Walsh is a play maker and has nothing else to offer. Burns or maybe Lewis are the only other players that should be allowed anywhere near the #6 jumper. Sorry Wade, but you are 2 years away from being a top quality NRL half/5/8th.

stretcher

Juniors
His form has been patchy the last few weeks so it may be form related. I heard he didn't give the club a right of reply and just left. A few guys got annoyed IF this is true then for team harmony it's a good option to keep him in NYC. He might help them make the finals a long shot but not out of the question should they win EVERY game
Well i see your point but if you have a bloke Karmicheal Hunt and Isreal Falau going to another code and they dont get dropped it shows committment to the players contract and sends a message to the player that he is important to the team and is welcome back and in regards to you hearing he didnt give penrith the right of reply well in the paper the other day it read he had a better offer from penrith to stay and decided to go because of more opportunity aqt the sharks and a chat with "Paul Gallen sealed it so no he didnt treat penrith poorly he was a proffessional and two days later they resigned Gordon coincidence or not...

Copperhead

Juniors
The (BIG) difference is Hunt and Falau are internationals, and any team would be severely compromised by dropping them.
So none would. Wade is barely even of first grade standard, so no loss as far as I'm concerned.

stretcher

Juniors
The (BIG) difference is Hunt and Falau are internationals, and any team would be severely compromised by dropping them.
So none would. Wade is barely even of first grade standard, so no loss as far as I'm concerned.
This is wades 3rd year in first grade which would make him established being an international has nothing to do with it at club level there are a handfull of players in the penrith side that he is better than so if you cant see it you need glasses and these internationals are "leaving the code"not changing clubs if anyone deserves to be in reserve grade its them not wade,....

Latest posts