What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup

The Popper

Bench
Well, today the 2nd. placed Sharks played the equal last Wests Magpies. In typical Cronulla fashion they folded when the pressure was on and lost 16-8. Bye, bye Top 2. Wests played like their lives depended on it. Sharks played like my life depended on it. Bugger semi final football. It's too hard. :crazy:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wests have been hammered by injuries and players moving into the Tigers NRL side all year. Last year they were one of the 3 strongest sides.

I wouldn't be too critical of the Sharks effort tbh.

newman

First Grade
I was there. Geez we made some errors.

Goalkicking was again an issue, Williams was 0/2.

Weaponhead

Coach
Terrible performance. One out garbage footy. Zero creativity and zero discipline. West full of no name park players against a sharks team with plenty of nrl experience. Popper was spot on we choked.

Quigs

Immortal
A good team will always beat a team of good footballers.

Now I am not saying that our mob are good footballers. But what I would like to know is how "our" team trains together when you have a few come into it from the storm.

Do these guys come up and train a couple of times with us, do they run the plays before or is it just hit and miss.

Our blokes that get booted from the top squad, do they run with the others.????

I don't know that is why I post this comment.

cb4

First Grade
The Storm boys come up on friday.
They get 1 training session with us.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Terrible performance. One out garbage footy. Zero creativity and zero discipline. West full of no name park players against a sharks team with plenty of nrl experience. Popper was spot on we choked.

spot on. Is there anyone in the NSW cup team who hasnt played first grade??

RgSharks

Juniors
I was at the game. It always looked like the sharks were going to win but they just didn't get over the line.
Kelly was going ok without doing anything special. He hurt his back and was a little stiff after the game.
Porter was really good and was taking on line which something we was lacking from his game. Setup a good try too.
Something else that I noticed was manly NSW cup team was playing after us and a fair few of their NRL players were there supporting there boys even though they had to play later that night.
No sharks NRL players there supporting the boys. It's just a little thing but we have poor club spirit.

The Popper

Bench
The only time I thought we had the ascendancy was early in the second half when Porter seemed to be taking control and Champion looked sharp from fullback. But all that was short lived.
Their defence pummelled us and I do believe the ref gave them to much leeway. The rest of the time there were too many errors. And yes, Rg, maybe there should be more support. I really felt for the small group on the hill with the HUGE Sharks sign. I bet they were shattered after putting in so much effort.

Quigs

Immortal
Refresh my memory again please Pop.

Why doesn't our club encourage all three grades at home games again.

Although I think the modern generation of league supporters are only interested in the top grade, with the exception of finals and the GF.

Being a distant supporter I know bugger all about the lower grades let alone get to watch them. The few games I get to see a year i have noticed how the majority turn up just before the main game kick off.

Happend at sharks, donkeys, and the stains homegames I went to.

Latest posts