What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game II team announced

aussies1st

Staff member
I've seen someone hint earlier that TLL plays a bit of prop - is that right Raiders fans?

If so, among other selections they have taken 10 steps backwards with this team.

Congrats QLD on your 4th series...

We only just moved him back to 2nd row a few weeks ago. Before that he was killing it at prop. Really doesn't matter where you play him, if hes on the field he can make his massive runs from anywhere.

RABK

Referee
You have to laugh imagining the raiders fans reactions upon reading that team.

Wolfman ahead of Monaghan, Watmough ahead of TLL and Campese dropped for Barrett.

League Legend

Juniors
HE has the most L/B assists in the comp, that is Trent Barret.

Nope, Thurston. Barret is second.

But, you guys are being a bit harsh. More attacking selections in Barret, Stewart, Watmough. Have all played for Australia, bring good experience into the team.

Dragon

Coach
If I was a supporter I wish the NSWs selectors would stick with a 1, 6, 7, 9 combination for a series.

Yep, i think thats why we are all a bit shocked. Before game 1 we were told that this was a young team, and it would take time for them to gel. Now they drop Campese. Well ok, if they are going to chop and change why the feck is Wallace still there?

NSW selectors need to be sacked at the end of this series.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
As a Raiders fan I'm relieved. Didn't want Campo getting scapegoated out for the soon to be record 4th straight loss. And I can understand Wolfman over Monnas as he is fast as f**k and that is clearly what NSW is going for with their backs.
TLL should've been in the team. Dude is a monster and is what NSw need in their forwards.
As a QLD fan; FKN LOL 4 IN A ROW.

Kiki

First Grade
okay i really dont get what the selectors are thinking

they were all like 'we want to look to the future and pick young players'

and now they pick BARRETT?? sure he is a good player and has serviced NSW well in the past....but he's just come back from a year in super league and is now playing for the decidedly woeful Shaks.

how do the selectors expect to build a team culture when they keep chopping and changing? part of the reason the Maroons are so good is coz they have played together before.

i am completely MYSTIFIED.

Big Pete

Referee
The thing about Wallace is, who would you have ahead of him? I'm a Broncos supporter so I've witnessed Wallace's ordinary form first hand but who exactly is superior to justify a selection?

The candidates are:

Brett Kimmorley
Marc Herbert
Josh McCrone
Scott Porter
Blake Green
Matt Orford
Jarrod Mullen
Scott Dureau
Jeff Robson
Luke Walsh
Ben Hornby
Mitch Pearce

Hardly anyone putting their hand up.

Red Bear

Referee
The thing about Wallace is, who would you have ahead of him? I'm a Broncos supporter so I've witnessed Wallace's ordinary form first hand but who exactly is superior to justify a selection?

The candidates are:

Brett Kimmorley
Marc Herbert
Josh McCrone
Scott Porter
Blake Green
Matt Orford
Jarrod Mullen
Scott Dureau
Jeff Robson
Luke Walsh
Ben Hornby
Mitch Pearce

Probably would've gone Campese and Mullen.

Big Pete

Referee
Does Mullen's form justify his selection?

Honestly you wouldn't be gaining much from dropping Wallace for Mullen. It'd be like trading a Red MnM for a Blue MnM.

NS_Sherlock

Juniors

The candidates are:

Jarrod Mullen

Mullen. He's suffered from this "is a natural 5/8 syndrome". If you fall for that then you might probably regard Andrew Johns as more of a 5/8 too. To see them both play live is to see so many similarities it is like a roll-back in history.
Mullen *can* play 7 and *does* play 7 extremely well. He has a natural talent that will allow him to go a long way and that is suited to SOO. I'd prefer to see him at 6 but in this day and age there isn't that much of a difference between the 2 positions. That is, unless you designate 7 as someone who just stands there and kicks the ball from first receiver which is just about all I've seen Wallace do.
The only time I'd pick Wallace at 7 is with Mullen at 6 and that's because they have played together in those positions at Australian Schoolboy level.

mxlegend99

Referee
Because Noddy has never played well for NSW regardless of his club form. People seem to forget that Trent Barrett has never played a bad game for NSW. Even when his club form was average, Trent Barrett always stepped up for Origin.

At his current age there's no guarantee he will do it again though. Would be better off looking at younger blokes who will atleast be getting valuable experience even if they have terrible games.

Latest posts