What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game II team announced

Tommax25

Bench
how long has josh morris been back from injury btw?
Cooper>Morris.

You're right about that, although morris should be a shot for wing over wolfman, as should the other morris and monnas in my, as a manly fan, opinion. Concerning cooper it kind of has the feeling of a hindmarsh and a ryan where a previous mainstay of the side simply cannot make the squad again, regardless of good form, because the selectors have a pre-conceived notion that these particular players of failed series will not contaminate the fresh squad. Unfair but thems the brakes.

The selectors are f*cked anyway. TLL should be there over watmough. Campese should not ahve been dropped. My side:

Gidley
Josh Morris
Jennings
Lyon
Hayne
Campese
Mullen
Kite
Farah
Weyman
Creah
Odonnel
Gallen

TLL
Poore
Stewart
Wing

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You have to laugh imagining the raiders fans reactions upon reading that team.

Wolfman ahead of Monaghan, Watmough ahead of TLL and Campese dropped for Barrett.

Hate to burst your bubble mate but we're happy to have Campo playing in the green this weekend.

Just bemused seeing Barrett's name in the 6.

Kiki

First Grade
look i know Sowie is kinda small and theres questions over his defence, but come on he is THE form 5/8 of the comp and he can kick goals. how he isn't even in contention is completely beyond me.

Serc

First Grade
We only just moved him back to 2nd row a few weeks ago. Before that he was killing it at prop.

Thanks mate - really unimpressed with that bench (partly the players, moreso the positions they play) and it also looks like they mixed up the Morris twins!

Big Pete

Referee
The problem I have with Mullen is that he's never proven himself during a big-game situation. He's a talented player but he isn't ready for Origin just yet. If Wallace fails this series they can persist with either Mullen or Pearce next year but until then I believe NSWs would benefit by sticking with Wallace.

Brett Kimmorley is not the answer either, he's playing some good football in a great football side but State of Origin is another kettle of fish which Kimmorley has proven time and time again he's incapable of starring.

Big Pete

Referee
look i know Sowie is kinda small and theres questions over his defence, but come on he is THE form 5/8 of the comp and he can kick goals. how he isn't even in contention is completely beyond me.

Actually that's a good point. I'd have him before Barrett although I believe his non-selection will prove to benefit not only St. George but also Soward who could use another year of seasoning and an intense finals campaign.

Well that is four straight series to Queensland. Wallace should be polite and get injured cos he does not deserve to be there on any level. Locky loves origin cos he gets to rest his back form carrying redhead around the field all day. He instead gets to hand Wallace his arse in game 2 yet again. Mullen ahead of both Barrett and Wallace any day of the week and twice on sundays. Mullen and Pearce together would rip Qld apart. No Cooper or Morris either? Gus needs to be head selector of these teams. Weyman deserves his go but Kite should fly off into the wind. If Wolfman dyes his beard Blue he can f### right off.

RedVfaithful

Juniors
No brett morris no cooper F*UCK OFF

Brett is leading try scorer has speed, is good under high ball and can create something out of nothing. Wolfman lol:roll:

Jamie lyon no F*UCKEN way, cooper would shut inglis down, and he showed us on the weekend he can attack, he also has a good combination with creagh and morris if they were picked. i predict inglis hat trick

also hindmarsh should of got picked, and campese should of got another shot.

Congrats QLD on 4 straight and if nsw dont get rid of the selectors congrats on 5 in a row

RABK

Referee
Hate to burst your bubble mate but we're happy to have Campo playing in the green this weekend.

Just bemused seeing Barrett's name in the 6.

No bubble to burst, i would agree with any distain they have for those selections. Merely find the humour that their complaints would actually be justified for once.

But don't kid yourself, you don't speak for all raiders fans and there would be a few feeling a bit dissapointed. And rightfully so.

NS_Sherlock

Juniors
The problem I have with Mullen is that he's never proven himself during a big-game situation. He's a talented player but he isn't ready for Origin just yet.

I think it has been shown over and over that you don't get ready for origin or wait to get ready. if you have what it takes then Origin gets you ready.
that's the big difference in attitude between the NSW and Qld selectors and a prime reason why Qld have had success even at those times when their team would have been regarded as a "nothing".

I actually don't mind the selection of Barrett. He likes to get to first receiver and take control by getting his hands on the ball. By picking Barrett with his experience and leadership in the halves, it is the perfect time to blood a halfback for the future. He would form a great combination with Mullen because he'd be able to play second receiver, where he performs best. Wolfman, Lyon? No way they should have been selected. Again, a lack of club combinations in the side named.

My team would have been:

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Monaghan/B.Morris
6. Barrett
7. Mullen/Soward
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. O'Donnell
13. Gallen

14. Wing
15. Poore
16. TLL
17. Watmough

Last edited:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Kimmorley and Campo/Mullen should've been the combo from game 1 and they should've stuck with it aiming for a Mullen/Campo combo in 10.
Campo and Mullen are the only potential Origin level halves NSW have and one of them should've been nurtured through this year with the idea of having one of them the experienced leader next year.
Kimmorley and Campo/Mullen was NSW best chance at winning as well so it would've been two birds with one stone.

Patsy

Juniors
Because Noddy has never played well for NSW regardless of his club form. People seem to forget that Trent Barrett has never played a bad game for NSW. Even when his club form was average, Trent Barrett always stepped up for Origin.

At his current age there's no guarantee he will do it again though. Would be better off looking at younger blokes who will atleast be getting valuable experience even if they have terrible games.

he also played inside a johns at the time

nsw team is a joke - has been for the last 4 years - wallace is probably the 5th best half in the state. noddy, orford, mullen, pearce are all better than him

gidley at fullback is a joke

weyman is lazy and off the pace along with poore

God-King Dean

Immortal
If Watmough doesn't have a decent game & misses tackles, I think he would have played his last game for NSW for a while.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
Yeah this team is a massive step backwards from the last. Too many Manly players, and wtf at dropping Campese because he had a quiet game. At least he didn't make mistakes (like Gidley). Nice work choosing only one prop on the bench, once again we will lose the series.