What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nsw Origin 24 and how it will affect us.

Girds89

Bench
My team as it stands

Edwards
Too
Critta
Staggs
Lomax
Hynes
Cleary
Haas
Api
Jurbo
Marto (not at his best but he grows a leg in soo)
Olakautau
Yeo

Egan
Murray
Stefano
Bradman best (2md row/centre/wing/lock)

Doubt Edwards gets picked tho which is soo wrong.

So touch wood pending no injuries we may only be without nath, yeo, too, martin.

If it is just those 4.

Edwards
Alamonti
Tago
Tiny
Tito
Luai
Schnieder
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Garner
Soro
Eiso

Laurie/cole
Henry
Smith
Mav

Still not a bad 17.

Obviously injuries and shit can happen.

Whats everyone elses 17 for the blues at this stage?

snickers007

Juniors
Worst case scenario is 6 players out: Edwards, To'o, Luai, Cleary, Martin and Yeo.

That would leave the following 17 if everyone is fit:
Iongi
Turuva
May
Tago
Alamoti
Laurie
Schneider
Leota
Kenny
Fisher-Harris
Sorenson
Garner
Eisenhuth
Cole
Smith
Henry
Geyer

We've got Dragons without the Origin reps, and Sea Eagles, Cowboys and Dolphins backing up.

If we run that team, I reckon we'd snag 1 maybe 2 wins. Kinda depends how other handle their Origin reps.

Fangs

Coach
Kenny is an outside chance. A guy like him or McInnes just tackles in the middle and plays some 9 giving Api a rest.

Just don't make them play centre like Freddy did with Cook.

age.s

First Grade
I'd have Connor Watson as my 14. Pains me to say as I love Kenny but Watson is a bit more versatile.

Sime_11

Juniors
Edwards
Lomax
Critta
Turbo
To'o
Hynes
Cleary
Haas
Api
Barnett
Crichton
Olaukau'atu
Yeo

McInnes
Martin
Utoikamanu
Leniu

typical NSW team (what we'll get)

Teddy
Fox
Best
Turbo
To'o
Walker
Cleary
Haas
Robson
Jurbo
Martin
Koloamatangi
Yeo

Api
Paulo
Crichton
Hynes

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
In reality, only see 4 of the boys out. Although just not sure with Dylan, fingers crossed he does.

GongPanther

Referee
Dylan would certainly flourish in a state jersey, unfortunately there are influences in the NRL who will make sure Edwards doesn't get the chance to overshadow their own fullbacks.

Selfishly, I want Dylan playing for the Panthers during SOO, to manage and guide the players from the back.

Frankus

Juniors
Edwards
Lomax
Critta
Turbo
To'o
Hynes
Cleary
Haas
Api
Barnett
Crichton
Olaukau'atu
Yeo

McInnes
Martin
Utoikamanu
Leniu

typical NSW team (what we'll get)

Teddy
Fox
Best
Turbo
To'o
Walker
Cleary
Haas
Robson
Jurbo
Martin
Koloamatangi
Yeo

Api
Paulo
Crichton
Hynes
I’m a Qld supporter. I don’t understand the hype around Tom Trbojevic. He’s had 1 decent season otherwise I feel he is a middle of the pack fullback. It’s not like he is an Inglis that you just have to pick. He is either the fullback or not playing at all.

Pomoz

Bench
I think our players are out of form and some are unfit and haven't played enough games. Michael Maguire is a top quality coach and smart guy, he won't pick any Panther players.

Cleary hasn't played enough matches to prove he is fit enough and NSW shouldn't make such a risky selection after what happened last year to Turbo. Hynes is a Dally M winning halfback, something Cleary has never achieved, so he should be first pick.

Luai is out of form and shown he can't handle big games and is intimidated when things get physical. Surely Cody Walker did enough last year to show he should be picked?

Tedesco is the incumbent captain and should be the first name picked and if not, Turbo is a Dally M winner and is next in line. Edwards is way down the pecking order.

Yeo is no good if Cleary is out, NSW don't need a ball playing lock, McInness would be much more useful with his high work rate.

Martin has a shoulder injury and is out of form. Olakau'atu is a much better player and is in form.

To'o is slow and Lomax has scored far more tries than him and has earned his spot. Garrick is faster too.

Mitchell is a plodder, Chins said so, so it must be true. Api, Robinson, Brayley, Croker are in all in front of him.

Tago is a turnstyle and May is so slow and scared of contact since his knee reconstruction, I think he might not even last the year. Has to be Best, Kolau, Burton and Turbo.

I can see us having a full team during SOO this year......

WestyLife

First Grade
I think our players are out of form and some are unfit and haven't played enough games. Michael Maguire is a top quality coach and smart guy, he won't pick any Panther players.

Cleary hasn't played enough matches to prove he is fit enough and NSW shouldn't make such a risky selection after what happened last year to Turbo. Hynes is a Dally M winning halfback, something Cleary has never achieved, so he should be first pick.

Luai is out of form and shown he can't handle big games and is intimidated when things get physical. Surely Cody Walker did enough last year to show he should be picked?

Tedesco is the incumbent captain and should be the first name picked and if not, Turbo is a Dally M winner and is next in line. Edwards is way down the pecking order.

Yeo is no good if Cleary is out, NSW don't need a ball playing lock, McInness would be much more useful with his high work rate.

Martin has a shoulder injury and is out of form. Olakau'atu is a much better player and is in form.

To'o is slow and Lomax has scored far more tries than him and has earned his spot. Garrick is faster too.

Mitchell is a plodder, Chins said so, so it must be true. Api, Robinson, Brayley, Croker are in all in front of him.

Tago is a turnstyle and May is so slow and scared of contact since his knee reconstruction, I think he might not even last the year. Has to be Best, Kolau, Burton and Turbo.

Cleary is guaranteed the 7 if not injured.

age.s

First Grade
As long as we're doing teams.

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. T Turbo (Averillo not far off though)
4. Best
5. Lomax
6. Burton (no great options here)
7. Nath
8. Haas
9. Api
10. RCG
11. Martin
12. Olaukau'atu
13. Yeoweh

14. Watson
15. Leniu
16. Utoikamanu
17. Crichton

I dont normally do origin teams, but it strikes me how much stronger qld are for props. Very easy to pick QLDs front row, much more difficult for NSW. Centre and 5/8 kind of weird too, with loads of almost easy decisions but none that felt quite right. Really wanted to fit Averrilo in there but not sure if he's quite ready.

The yak

Juniors

@Pomoz for NSW selector.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Dylan Edwards has definitely earnt the right to the fullback position for the Blues but my gut feeling tells me Tedesco will be there game 1.

age.s

First Grade
I reckon they'll go with Dyl. New coach, not as many connections/loyalties to old players. He's the form fullback and has been for a while now. Just have a feeling they'll use this opportunity to refresh the position.

As much as I'd like him to help us through Origin period, it'd be amazing for him to finally get the recognition he deserves. I'd be stoked and might actually bother watching.

soc123_au

Staff member
I reckon they'll go with Dyl. New coach, not as many connections/loyalties to old players. He's the form fullback and has been for a while now. Just have a feeling they'll use this opportunity to refresh the position.

As much as I'd like him to help us through Origin period, it'd be amazing for him to finally get the recognition he deserves. I'd be stoked and might actually bother watching.
Dylan Edwards is always in a f**kin' game.

Edwards is a poster boy Madge style player. I have no doubt his wet dreams often feature Dyl backing up, saving trys and working his arse off to be in position. With no outside noise I honestly think he would be Madge's first pick, in the team, not just at the back.

Who gets picked will tell us if this is Madge's team or not.

1. Edwards
2. To’o
3. Crichton
4. Trbojevic (Best)
5. Lomax
6. Hynes
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Koroisau
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Crichton
12. Olakau’atu