What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nsw Origin 24 and how it will affect us.

age.s

First Grade
You for real? That's a bad as it gets really
Yeah. It looked bad due to Walsh already falling as Sualii turns his head away. There's no intent to hit the head and and in most scenarios he hits him in the shoulder. I dont feel super strongly about it, but I think there's an argument that a bin would be appropriate, especially when you take in the big game factor.

Not the world we live in ofc.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don’t really care for SOO other than hoping our representatives don’t get injured but it was not worthy of a send off.

That was the only reason I watched.

Origin is just to make 2 headed ferals from north of the border feel good about themselves.

It's never been, and never will be a level playing field. Continually slanted towards Qld.

My interest level - zero. Not emotionally invested at all. A great big waste of time.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah. It looked bad due to Walsh already falling as Sualii turns his head away. There's no intent to hit the head and and in most scenarios he hits him in the shoulder. I dont feel super strongly about it, but I think there's an argument that a bin would be appropriate, especially when you take in the big game factor.

This is exactly how I see it... stupid stupid game, silly rules, stupid ref's, silly bunker, stupid, stupid, stupid

Iamback

Coach

I agree. Bin would of been the better outcome especially given the circumstances.

Big game, Walsh being ok and so on

Black Panther

Juniors
If Walsh wasn’t falling it would’ve been a great tackle. Should’ve been just the Sin bin and let the review committee deal with it later on, ruined a good game.

Whino

Bench
So basically we were handicapped with a shit team the other night to lose to a shit team that we normally would always beat, only to appease that farce of an exhibition game in which an overrated future rugby union player had a brain fade and ruined the game after 8 minutes.

People can hype it up all they like and talk about how much money it makes for the NRL but ultimately clubs pay the price in having their campaigns derailed due to it.

We did fine the past couple of years because we either had very good depth or were in such a good position already (like winning the first 12 games of 2021 and 11 of 12 in 2022) that it had minimal effect.

Well this year I’m not so sure as our depth isn’t so hot.

We have serviceable depth to cover a few outs. But when you take out the key players. Then it becomes too much.

Whino

Bench
Marto was IMMENSE. The man gets origin

On the back of two hamstring injuries. His form last year heading into Origin was scratchie.
This year his form has been terrible.

Last year he came alive during the Origin series and turned his form around. It just ignites him.
Hopefully he can bring it back to club form once the series is over.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
On the back of two hamstring injuries. His form last year heading into Origin was scratchie.

Last year he came alive during the Origin series and turned his form around. It just ignites him.
He can't play at that level all year. He's a big game madman

PennyPanthers81

Juniors

Our senior pack seems to thrive on the big games. It’s like they have trouble getting up for other games now. I guess four grand finals in a row will do that to you.

Fangs

Coach
Good showing from Panthers players past and present. Crichton and Leniu were the standouts.

Bruising as always for the forwards. We will probably backup players on Sunday due to our recent losses. So injury risk is high. Fingers crossed they get through.

Latest posts