What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin 3 Team

Freak2

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Quinn

6. Anasta
7. Wallace

8. White
9. Buderus
10. Bailey
11. Laffranchi
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Kite
15. Ryles
16. Tupou
17. Gidley

Although I don't agree with some of your forward selections I think your side is what the selectors will go with! Except Mason for Ryles

brooksy19

Bench
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier - on last nights effort he should be in France.. but, hes done the job before.
4. Lyon - Cooper won't f**king pass the ball. Lawarance can't read the defence yet.
5. Quinn - lack of a better option.

6. Anasta
7. Pearce - Combo w/Braith... Origin Legends son... Wallace was hooked.

8. Luke Bailey
9. Bederus (C) He's past it, but you just know the stubborn prick selectors..Daley and that Souths twig Dinosaur McCarthy will pick 'Bedsy'
10. Kite - should of been there from game 1
11. The Hoff - Ran hard, tackled well.
12. Paul Gallen.
13. Bird or Fitzgibben - can't split em.

14. Farah - This is a must.. Let him tear up QLD around the rucks from 20th min to 50th min, then give him the last 10 if needed.
15. Jason Ryles
16. Mason
17. Chris Motherf**ckin Heignington - He's an animal, made for Origin

18th Man - Lafrrenchi.

adamkungl

Immortal
1 Stewart
2 Minichiello
3 Gasnier
4 Cooper
5 Quinn
6 Anasta
7 Wallace
8 Ryles
9 Buderus
10 Bailey
11 Hoffman
12 Fitzgibbon
13 Bird

14 Gidley
15 Mason
16 Gallen
17 Laffranchi

Perfect side. I know it. you know it.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
My team:
1. Brett Stewart - close to our best in game both games
2. Jarryd Hayne - straight back in even without playing a game
3. Mark Gasnier - picks himself
4. Matt Cooper - best defensive cetre in the game
5. Anthony Quinn - has done nothing to suggest being dropped
6. Braith Anasta - Is playing too good week in week out to be ignored again
7. Peter Wallace - Deserves one chance but it will be all on the line
8. Luke Bailey - Hard working FIT prop that looks after ball security. PROVEN
9. Danny Buderus (c) - Was very good in a beaten side. BLEEDS it and it will be his last
10. Brent Kite - Oz Prop. Embarrassing how has not been picked from the start
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - We need to strengthen our fringe up he will do this.
12. Anthony Laffranchi - Amazing worker. The form player of 2008 both grade and reps
13. Greg Bird - Proven lock. Gives more options to the team in the 13

14. Paul Gallen - Looked unfit last night. Better as an impact off the bench IMO
15. Willie Mason - Hold the pill Willie. Impact only
16. Robbie Farah - Bedsy is not an 80 minute player. If need be can play half as well
17. Steve Simpson - Only played his 2nd game back from injury last night in the toughest arena there is. Will improve substantially for game 3

petetheileet

First Grade
The pack was the problem...needs a lot of bulking up, QLD came out having just had a pedicure in Game one, if the changes dont happen we will get dominated again:

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Quinn
6. Anasta
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah (Buderus is simply past his best and Farah id just better)
10. Kite
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Mason
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Creagh
16. Laffranchi
17. Heighington or Ryles

18. Hoffman

perverse

Referee
1 Stewart
2 Minichiello
3 Gasnier
4 Cooper
5 Quinn
6 Anasta
7 Wallace
8 Ryles
9 Buderus
10 Bailey
11 Hoffman
12 Fitzgibbon
13 Bird

14 Gidley
15 Mason
16 Gallen
17 Laffranchi

Perfect side. I know it. you know it.
sub in farah for gidley and i think you're onto something.

Bulk up the pack you lose mobility..Just the front row..doubt if White will get the chop..Surely bailey with his size AND mobility will get a go.Anyone thinking KITE is the solution is kiddin with this cream puff...oh and whoever said Buderus wasnt an 80 minute player isnt watchin closely...he probably did two games worth of effort before he was replaced

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
My team:
1. Brett Stewart - close to our best in game both games
2. Jarryd Hayne - straight back in even without playing a game
3. Mark Gasnier - picks himself
4. Matt Cooper - best defensive cetre in the game
5. Anthony Quinn - has done nothing to suggest being dropped
6. Braith Anasta - Is playing too good week in week out to be ignored again
7. Peter Wallace - Deserves one chance but it will be all on the line
8. Luke Bailey - Hard working FIT prop that looks after ball security. PROVEN
9. Danny Buderus (c) - Was very good in a beaten side. BLEEDS it and it will be his last
10. Brent Kite - Oz Prop. Embarrassing how has not been picked from the start
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - We need to strengthen our fringe up he will do this.
12. Anthony Laffranchi - Amazing worker. The form player of 2008 both grade and reps
13. Greg Bird - Proven lock. Gives more options to the team in the 13

14. Paul Gallen - Looked unfit last night. Better as an impact off the bench IMO
15. Willie Mason - Hold the pill Willie. Impact only
16. Robbie Farah - Bedsy is not an 80 minute player. If need be can play half as well
17. Steve Simpson - Only played his 2nd game back from injury last night in the toughest arena there is. Will improve substantially for game 3

probably the most sensible post ive seen in response to game three changes...

and speaking of sensibility or in this particaular case the complete lack of it, whats with all the openly biased and unrealistic changes being put forward by some supporters. for examples see carney mullen glenn stewart watmough perry orford. dont get me wrong some of the above are very good players (both former and future origin players) but i honestly cant see any of them getting picked for game 3

also some side notes to the above team

in regards to gidley you either pick him at fullback or not at all
walace wil not be dropped but needs a genuine kicking option outside of him (insert anaster)

fitzgibbon unlucky id stil be happy to have him in the somewhere possibly at the expense of simpson if he doesnt impress over the next 2 rounds. as a few people have said probably one of our best over the first 2 games

so glad whites not there for me has done nothing to impress in his now 5 games (i think) at origin level. greatest dissapearing act since harry houdini. living off one outstanding prefomance in city country last year where he smashed everything that moved.

in that team i think 1 to 5 is near perfect (like i said above would be happy with gidly at fullback if the selectors feel the need to have him in there somewhere just dont put him on the bench) quinn has been awesome i doubted his selection for game one but im eating my words now. cooper impresses me more and more with every game he plays. hard nosed no bulls**t player good foot work and fast and as said above defensively i dont think anyone compares, gasnier will be back just suffered from very poor communication in defence in game 2 (with that first try what the hell was turner doing 10 metres behind the defensive line????????)

realisticly i think you might see hoffman in there for hindmarsh but you never know

i think dropping kite has given him the kick up the arse he needed been playing very well for manly desevers a spot

also think farrah would do wonders off the bench coming on for the last 10-15 minutes of each half and taking advantage of some tiring forwards

i also think ogre and ryles could do the job as well if called on

i think at the end of the day toops white and kids (although could be a toss up with stewart doing a pretty good job) wil be gone to be replaced by baily kite and farrah

fitzy might stay at the expense of simpson
hoffman probably keeps his spot from hindmarsh
obviously hayne comes back in for turner

they arent major wholesale changes and i think will win us game 3
well thats my 2 cents

Moffo

Referee
f**k guys minichello is one of the most attacking players going around and people are picking quinn ahead of him?

are you all on drugs?

f**k me

Bookie

Juniors
I'm surprised 90% of you dimwits are happy to keep Wallace in place.

Halfback that couldn't generate one point. He probably deserves more blame than Bird.

And Anasta, he's at the Roosters eh? Sorry, what was the score last weekend? I have a shrinking hippocampus.

Get Pearce into half and leave the rest.

[QLD supporter btw ftw itbt imho]

Yosh

Coach
1. Stewart/Gidley (both very competent if you ask me)
2. Hayne/McManus/Monas (Did you see Turner get fended by Inglis... Embrassing...)
3. Gaz (needs to step up but big time was Inglis's 2nd bit*h after Turner)
4. Cooper (very good, very happy with him)
5. Quinn (solid winger good enough can find his way to the line, wont get turned into a bitch like Turner)
6a. Anasta (playing well, big kicking game, good runner of the ball to, knows how to pass to... Mullen has been playing really well guys... Maybe give him a shot? Kinda mold of Anasta but oboviusly played crap last time, has a point to prove to the world)
7. Wallace/Mullen/Kimmorly (Wallace did what he could, like doesnt dominate... however does what is required I guess... Kimmorley has a mountain of experiece and is a little bastard who tries very hard which I like... Used to hate the bloke but last year he showed me he has it in him to play Origin)
8. Bailey (we were getting bullied that last game, we need to get the bull back on our side to turn the tide)
9. Bedsy (I know there is much hate for this guy, he is going to be there no matter what so doesnt matter. He is a champion lets leave it at that)
10. Ryles (the prodigal son, let him shine)
11. Simmo
12. Hoffman (two no nonsense guys who will do they jobs well, both big and mobile to)
13. Gallen (seorusly, need to start a fight every 10 mins at least to off put the other team... seroiusly him and Bird should be instructed to instigate a fight if the momentum is too much to QLD... Like not eye poking or whatever, but put in a solid late hit. Or push and shove every couple of tackles, or try go in for big hits each time... Start guys who will be willing to react and stuff, throw the momentum off balance. I feel Origin isnt jsut about skill, its all about emotion and passion... We lacked all passion origin 2 so we need something to remind our players what it means to us... Bird and Gallen show us why you guys are the blues brothers)

14. Bird (just go cause trouble)
15. Laffranchi (good player)
16. Mason (little crying b*tch sometimes... needs to step up hard, get the ball on his hands more, be more wiling to make big hits... he is sooooo big but I've seen Wallace make bigger hit ups and tackles)
17. Fittzgibbbbbon (experience to the side, does his job well)

glockers

Juniors
I am a Tigers man and I don't get the Lawrence calls, the kid isn't ready yet. Collis is the most published of the Tigers outside backs.

Personally I would go for this side:

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Minichello/Monaghen
6. Anasta
7. Pearce
13. Bird
12. Heighnington
11. Laffranchi
10. Bailey
9. Farah
9. Fitzgibbon

14. Lewis
15. Kite
16. Cross
17. Mateo (if not available then Sutton)

NthKnight

I'm surprised 90% of you dimwits are happy to keep Wallace in place.

Halfback that couldn't generate one point. He probably deserves more blame than Bird.

And Anasta, he's at the Roosters eh? Sorry, what was the score last weekend? I have a shrinking hippocampus.

Get Pearce into half and leave the rest.

[QLD supporter btw ftw itbt imho]

Last I looked Pearce played for the Roosters.

Bookie's Credibility = 0

Butters

Bench
I'd keep Fitzgibbon at prop for the starting 15-20 and have him go back into the backrow when Mason gets subbed off. The reason why this worked in game 1 and not game 2 was there were simply no props on the bench in game 2.

Stewart
Minichiello
Gasnier
Cooper
Quinn
Anasta
Wallace
Fitzgibbon
Buderus
White
Hoffman
Mason
Creagh

Lewis/Campbell (not fussed about either)
Ryles
Bailey
Sutton

perverse

Referee
he'll be a chance if wallace pulls up poorly with his injury i'd say billy. his form is finally beginning to warrent it... although to be honest he needs to be put in at 5/8th.

Latest posts