What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin 3 Team

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think we'll see:
* Fitzgibbon dropped for a genuine prop, probably Bailey
* Simpson may also miss out for a prop, but may just hold on to his spot because the selectors seem to have no time for Kite, leaving O'Meley as the other leading candidate
* Bird moved back to lock and Anasta brought in, maybe at the expense of Tupou
* Hayne back to replace Turner

1 - Stewart
2 - Hayne
3 - Gasnier
4 - Cooper
5 - Quinn
6 - Anasta
7 - Wallace
8 - Bailey
9 - Buderus
10 - White
11 - Gallen
12 - Hoffman (only because of Bellamy, I reckon he's over-rated)
13 - Bird

14 - Gidley
15 - Simpson/O'Meley
16 - Mason
17 - Laffranchi

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Quinn
6. Mullen
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Buderus (c)
10. Ryles
11. Laffranchi
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Farah
15. Mason
16. White
17. Hoffman

Ins and outs.

Out:
Gidley - out.. hopefully the selectors are working out that he's a fullback.. exclusively..
Fitzgibbon - out. past it at this level.
Simpson - out. see above.
Turner - out. he's sh*t.
Tupou - out. we just need more props out there - and tupou had little impact.

In:
Farah - rotation with buderus would be the best of both worlds.
Mullen - a little biased here - could go with analstar as well, but mullen is hitting great form at club level.
Bailey - has done the job before - hard nosed prop.
Ryles - in great form all year and deserves another shot.
Hayne - i don't care if we send him out there on crutches... he'll make a better fist of it than turner.

those are the 5 changes i'd make - plus a positional change or 2.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I couldn't give a f**k what Ryles stats say hes a bitch. He does alot of runs thats why he gets alot of metres racked up but he only gets 10 metres because hes big, hes got no heart he just runs at halfbacks and carriers them. He might make alot of tackles but not one hurts anyone and thats what a foward in origin has to do and finally hes just dumb like he choses the wrong options, hes an overgrown sh*t halfback.

Hornby was no existent in game 1, why give him another chance?

Yeah lets drop Fitzgibbon, do half of you people like actually watch the game?? Either had a few too many beers or are just f**ked. He has been the best NSW foward in both games.

Selection of Mullen and Carney make me laugh.

Bird was MOTM in game 1 but naa lets drop him, thats smart smart smart smart smart.

Freak2

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if Coach Bellamy has enough influence to keep White / Hoffman & Turner.

Turner will be without a doubt a 1 origin player
Hoffman I think sits in the same mould as Gidley. Their styles are not suited to this series and the play of NSW
White is simply replaceable by better players in Kite & Bailey.

Personally I would like to bring Hindmarsh back into consideration simply to strengthen the defence on the edge of the rucks where QLD went Wild last night. (But it will never happen)

Anyone suggesting Choc needs a very long long long look at themselves!!

perverse

Referee
I couldn't give a f**k what Ryles stats say hes a bitch. He does alot of runs thats why he gets alot of metres racked up but he only gets 10 metres because hes big, hes got no heart he just runs at halfbacks and carriers them. He might make alot of tackles but not one hurts anyone and thats what a foward in origin has to do and finally hes just dumb like he choses the wrong options, hes an overgrown sh*t halfback.

Hornby was no existent in game 1, why give him another chance?

Yeah lets drop Fitzgibbon, do half of you people like actually watch the game?? Either had a few too many beers or are just f**ked. He has been the best NSW foward in both games.

Selection of Mullen and Carney make me laugh.

Bird was MOTM in game 1 but naa lets drop him, thats smart smart smart smart smart.
crap. you clearly haven't even watched ryles play this year. it's the only explanation. that or you're blind and deaf. he's been in great form up the middle this year, and he has the mongrel required to go toe-to-toe in origin.

agree about hornby. useless.

fitzy has been solid, but we need more props - someone has to stop price and civo. you could probably drop hoffman instead - but i doubt it will happen with the bellyache connection.

selection of mullen or carney will add attacking flair that went missing big time last night. bird is of the backrower style 5/8th that has crept into the game over the past 5-10 years.

and who is saying drop bird? a genuine 5/8th would serve us better with bird playing at lock.

simmo1

First Grade
Anasta to five-eighth. Bird to lock. Ryles to prop. Fitzgibbon and Mason to bench. f**k off Simspon and Topou.

So essentially, Anasta and Ryles in. Simpson and Topou out. Its time to start picking players in their actual position.

EDIT: Oh, and f**k off Turner. For anyone..... Actually, please, take Shannon McDonnell of our hands

skeepe

Immortal
1. Brett Stewart
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Braith Anasta
7. Todd Carney
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Greg Bird

14. Jason Ryles
15. Anthony Laffranchi
16. Willie Mason
17. Luke Lewis

eels_fan_01

Bench
crap. you clearly haven't even watched ryles play this year. it's the only explanation. that or you're blind and deaf. he's been in great form up the middle this year, and he has the mongrel required to go toe-to-toe in origin.

agree about hornby. useless.

fitzy has been solid, but we need more props - someone has to stop price and civo. you could probably drop hoffman instead - but i doubt it will happen with the bellyache connection.

selection of mullen or carney will add attacking flair that went missing big time last night. bird is of the backrower style 5/8th that has crept into the game over the past 5-10 years.

and who is saying drop bird? a genuine 5/8th would serve us better with bird playing at lock.

Ive seen Ryles play and i like watching him play because i don't like the team he plays for i know when he has the ball hes going to put someone else under pressure with hes useless passes and they are going to get smashed or if the game is on the line he will give a penalty to lose it, its so funny how after 1 loss hes suddenly great when a few weeks ago everyone agreed with me saying how sh*t he was.

I don't care where Fitzgibbon is but if hes out of the side i will be pissed and thats no bias because im not a Roosters supporter, he has to be atleast on the bench.

Mullen and Carney can barely string together two good club games, why should they play origin honestly?

Bird is an origin 5/8 proved it in game one, everyone right now is just in panic mood. Lets blame someone! Lets blame someone! There were about 17 ordinary players out there last night not one, how can the halves do anything when the fowards are getting pumped.

perverse

Referee
lol.. if carney is to be picked it will be at 5/8th outside wallace - not at halfback. if they make a scapegoat of wallace like they did mullen last year i'll f**king explode. the kid doesn't deserve it, his forwards gave him nothing last night.

rest of your changes are fair enough bar buderus' being dropped skeepe. will never happen and he was good in a beaten team last night. please explain to me how making 40+ tackles and still being the most dangerous person around the ruck last night for the blues earns buderus a sacking? please.. i'm dying to hear it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Hopefully Stewy gets punted for Gidley.

I hate losing Origin, but if it means Bellamy gets disgraced, then it's all good.

gregstar

Referee
eels_fan_with the iq of a straightened paperclip said:
congrats.

by far & away the most ignorant post in this thread.

your all-consuming dislike of saints clouds every cerebrally-challenged piece of dross which is mashed from your keyboard masquerading as a post.

if hating a club is the only cause your simple life provides you with, then by all means keep the dribble coming.

it's freak show amusing.

Freak2

Juniors
My team:
1. Brett Stewart - close to our best in game both games
2. Jarryd Hayne - straight back in even without playing a game
3. Mark Gasnier - picks himself
4. Matt Cooper - best defensive cetre in the game
5. Anthony Quinn - has done nothing to suggest being dropped
6. Braith Anasta - Is playing too good week in week out to be ignored again
7. Peter Wallace - Deserves one chance but it will be all on the line
8. Luke Bailey - Hard working FIT prop that looks after ball security. PROVEN
9. Danny Buderus (c) - Was very good in a beaten side. BLEEDS it and it will be his last
10. Brent Kite - Oz Prop. Embarrassing how has not been picked from the start
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - We need to strengthen our fringe up he will do this.
12. Anthony Laffranchi - Amazing worker. The form player of 2008 both grade and reps
13. Greg Bird - Proven lock. Gives more options to the team in the 13

14. Paul Gallen - Looked unfit last night. Better as an impact off the bench IMO
15. Willie Mason - Hold the pill Willie. Impact only
16. Robbie Farah - Bedsy is not an 80 minute player. If need be can play half as well
17. Steve Simpson - Only played his 2nd game back from injury last night in the toughest arena there is. Will improve substantially for game 3

matty-ducati

Juniors
Id have to agree that farah will be on the bench, will give him some exp in origin before he takes over the hooker role next year

Downie

Guest Moderator
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Anthony Quinn/Joel Monaghan
6. Braith Anasta
7. Peter Wallace
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Brent Kite/Josh Perry
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Greg Bird

14. Robbie Farah/Ben Hornby
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Willie Mason
17. Paul Gallen

Quinn or Monaghan, not really fussed which. Quinn is a better defender whilst Monaghan adds more in attack and is better under the high ball.

Kite or Perry, not fussed again. Kite for his experience and reliability or Perry for his aggro and the fact he's in awesome form getting some great offloads away.

Farah or Hornby, again not fussed. Farah for his kicking and x-factor from dummy half or Hornby for his experience, versatility and reliability.

NthKnight

My team:
9. Danny Buderus (c) - Was very good in a beaten side. BLEEDS it and it will be his last
12. Anthony Laffranchi - Amazing worker. The form player of 2008 both grade and reps

14. Paul Gallen - Looked unfit last night. Better as an impact off the bench IMO
16. Robbie Farah - Bedsy is not an 80 minute player. If need be can play half as well
17. Steve Simpson - Only played his 2nd game back from injury last night in the toughest arena there is. Will improve substantially for game 3

Ticks all the boxes for me

eels_fan_01

Bench
congrats.

by far & away the most ignorant post in this thread.

your all-consuming dislike of saints clouds every cerebrally-challenged piece of dross which is mashed from your keyboard masquerading as a post.

if hating a club is the only cause your simple life provides you with, then by all means keep the dribble coming.

it's freak show amusing.

By far and again the most ignorant post that doesn't make sense considering.....

Did i say drop Gasnier and Cooper? If i hated them so much i would have pushed for that and with good reason for Gasnier because he played sh*t but i still rate both of them.

Hutty1986

Immortal
My team:

I think that's an excellent team, it has far more direction in the halves and our best possible back-line.

Hutty1986

Immortal
By far and again the most ignorant post that doesn't make sense considering.....

Did i say drop Gasnier and Cooper? If i hated them so much i would have pushed for that and with good reason for Gasnier because he played sh*t but i still rate both of them.

I think you're getting Gasnier mixed up with Steve Turner. Gaz's defence wasn't up to scratch when Qld scored their opening try but he improved significantly after that. He had no room in attack and was unable to be a danger to the Qld defence (like he was constantly in Game I).

The sooner Hayne comes back the better

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Quinn

6. Anasta
7. Wallace

8. White
9. Buderus