What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

Mayor West

Juniors
The selectors need to go for sure.
I think it's time to just blood alot of the young stars for origin 3 (Dugan, Lawrence, Jennings, Snowden, Douglas and the like) and build a base from that. Go all out attack for once aswell. Stop selecting players who are completely inept in attack and are supposedly solid in defence because Inglis, Slater and Co. will always score points but u know what if we get players with there own attacking talent it might put the big names under pressure for once....Do u think Inglis was scared when he had to front up to Scott?

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Soward/Campese
7. Pearce/Soward/Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Farah/Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

Work around that. I've never been a huge fan of Soward or Pearce to be honest, but i believe Soward atleast has the kicking game and the instinct to give his players early ball. Pearce hasn't been anywhere near enough involved when i have seen him in origin but atleast whoever they pick they must stick with him for a series. I can't stand a halfback copping the blame when he clearly doesn't have a forward pack to work behind.

fourplay

Juniors
Lawrence over Josh Morris? lol...

Josh Morris absence is one of the biggest selection blunders this series.

Josh has the best defense of any centre in the game and his attack is right up there too. His combination with his brother should make him the first player picked.

Daddycool

Juniors
They have to sack the selectors first. Surely if they are incapable of picking a winning squad or coach for 5 years they have to go.

Dugan isn't ready, Hayne's our best option at fullback. Soward's not up to it either. If tonight showed anything, it demonstrated most of the Dragon's players need the sheltered environment of regular club football in order to perform. The only one I'd keep is Morris.

One of the frustrating things is we have good centres in Jennings, Lawrence and Morris... but they persist with Cooper who at origin level is well and truely past it.

They may as well stick with Pearce, but Campo must come in next game and from then on. Douglas, Snowden, King, Rose and Bird all need to come in as well.

I've said this before, NSW have the players to beat QLD if they'd only select them in the team.

Last edited:

smacky

Juniors
Whatever we do. The only way we can build a good side capable of beating qld is to pick a side and stick with it. We will never win when we make huge changes every game. The fact is we dont have the quality of qld and cant beat them unless we build a team dynamic over a couple of series. So whatever team they pick i just hope they stick with it for the long term.

My team for game 3 and the long term

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Lawrence
5. Jennings
6. Sutton/Campese/Soward
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Mannah
16. TLL
17. LOD

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
They have to sack the selectors first. Surely if they are incapable of picking a winning squad for 5 years they have to go.

Dugan isn't ready, Hayne's our best option at fullback. Soward's not up to it either. If tonight showed anything, it demonstrated most of the Dragon's players need the sheltered environment of regular club football in order to perform. The only one I'd keep is Morris.

One of the frustrating things is we have good centres in Jennings, Lawrence and Morris... but they persist with Cooper who at origin level is well and truely past it.

They may as well stick with Pearce, but Campo must come in next game and from then on. Douglas, Snowden, King, Rose and Bird all need to come in as well.

I've said this before, NSW have the players to beat QLD if they'd only select them in the team.

I agree, there were much better centres and they had a billion different wingers to choose over monoghan.
There is abit of debate around Soward...but tbh i rate him better than Campo because hes got very good pace and long passing game which sets the tempo better.

Even though we have the players to beat em...wtf is happening? This team, i was fairly confident it would fair okay(minus Beau Scott), but it didn't. What did Bellamy do to f**k up the solid defense work that Cooper and Morris have with the dragons? I've never seen those 2 have a worse game than today, disgusting. Need a coach that can organise and set-up these players better than Bellamy does, i know trial and error is an essential element but... 5 series in a row...how f**king embarassing.

Lawrence over Josh Morris? lol...

Josh Morris absence is one of the biggest selection blunders this series.

Josh has the best defense of any centre in the game and his attack is right up there too. His combination with his brother should make him the first player picked.

Chris Lawrence is a better player than any other NSW left centre. He is quick, skillful runs good lines and makes good reads in defence.

The tigers left wingers score a lot of tries mainly due to the work that Chris Lawrence does.

He is a far better player than Josh Morris.

They have to sack the selectors first. Surely if they are incapable of picking a winning squad or coach for 5 years they have to go.

Hayne was sh*t, not as bad as Gidley's first game but seriously, if he's the best fullback you've got ill eat my hat.

Daddycool

Juniors
There have been too many selection blunders to list them all... I'll just go thru a couple.

1. Bellamy as coach. He had his shot and won 2/6, losing 4 straight in the middle
2. Gidley as Captain and fullback. Was in good form last year and we had no-one else
3. Lyon at #6. He's a centre but Origin isn't really his go anyway. Club and Country.
4. No Greg Bird. He's still the best #13 we have.

fourplay

Juniors
Chris Lawrence is a better player than any other NSW left centre. He is quick, skillful runs good lines and makes good reads in defence.

The tigers left wingers score a lot of tries mainly due to the work that Chris Lawrence does.

He is a far better player than Josh Morris.

Chris Lawrence defense can improve a lot. It was pretty comical against the roosters.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tahu
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Farah
15. Lewis
16. Mannah
17. Galloway

nrlnrl

First Grade
NSW looked like a club side playing their 1st trial of the season - no structure in both defence & attack, plus lacking any real motivation.

Daza_06

Juniors
NSW MUST have these players 1st picked each series even if they arnt the form players week to week
Hayne - fullback or wing
B Morris - proven finisher at all levels
Weyman - most dominant prop for NSW, for state and club
Bird - proved a few years ago no idea why he isnt there, five eight or lock
Watmough - passionate player who can break tackles and hit hard consistently
Lewis - can tackle, create and make a bust

They then must introduce a few players and stick by them
Jennings - exciting player with the ball one of the best attacking players in the game when on song
Snowden - if was playing for a better team and better coached side would be a awesome prop, still is I think.
Pearce - give him a run haven't got many halves

That gives us:
1. Hayne
3. Jennings
5. Morris
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
10. Snowden
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

Make these selected players the basis of the squad and bring others into the remaining positions. There are other players i would want in that group including Josh Morris, Learoyd-Lahrs and Dugan but I can't see NSW putting so many raw players onto the Origin stage at once.

These players im sure won't succeed at first but they have all shown they are very talented at NRL level and are will eventually bring all that to state of origin. QLD have done this with so many of their current players and now only need to bring in 1 new player to origin each year and develop them into the side.

A very young and raw side at origin level but something needs to change.

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Hayne
2-Burt/Gordon (yes, Luke Burt! I hate picking centres on the wing and no wingers really stand out for us...Burty is terribly underrated and wouldn't let anyone down, and Gordon is a good young player)
3-Tahu
4-Lyon
5-Morris
6-Barrett
7-Pearce
8-Weyman
9-Ennis
10-Douglas
11-Hindmarsh
12-Gallen
13-Lewis (c)

14-TLL
15-Watmough
16-Snowden
17-Mannah

mrpwnd

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tahu
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Farah
15. Lewis
16. Mannah
17. Galloway

I'd have Tahu out, never rated him as a winger since his comeback to the NRL, i'd have either Merritt or Kevin Gordon over him any day.
I'd take Soward over Campese.
Our no. 9 options are horrible so meh don't care what happens there.
And no point having Ennis and Farah in the team, we saw what happened when we had the 'utility' bloke replace Ennis...didn't work, keep the one hooker and stick with it - i'd go with Farrah. Plus, remember that Lewis also fills the utility roll as well(I rate Mateo more than Lewis, bit of the blue and gold goggles coming in but meh).

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Gidley
2. Gidley
3. Gidley
4. Gidley
5. Gidley

6. Gidley
7. Gidley

8. Gidley
9. Gidley
10. Gidley
11. Gidley
12. Gidley
13. Gidley

14. Gidley
15. Gidley
16. Gidley
17. Gidley (c)

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Lawrence
5. Jennings
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Farah
15. Heighington
16. Fitzhenry
17. Meaney

Jono078

Referee
I don't understand the Lawrence love. He's starting to become overated IMO.

Id personally go this.

1 Josh Dugan - I think it's a bit premature cause I don't think he's physically up to it just yet. And possibly Hayne deserves another chance there, but f**k we're lacking a winger
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris - Not in good form but will combine well with his bro and done well in his only game in Origin
4 Michael Jennings - We were too worried about how to stop Inglis, now we have to say who can possibly worry Inglis/Tonga's defense.
5 Jarryd Hayne
6 Jamie Soward / Terry Campese - I think Soward deserves it more, but I like what Campese adds physically to the team
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Michael Weyman
9 Michael Ennis
10 Kade Snowden
11 Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Paul Gallen
--
14 Luke Lewis
15 Luke Douglas
16 Aiden Tolman
17 Greg Bird

I don't like having the 2 second rowers on the bench, but they are probably the best available.

Keith Galloway is injured right? And next best front rowers for mine would be Justin Poore and Tim Mannah I guess, possibly Laffranchi too.

BDR

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Hayne
3. Hayne
4. Hayne
5. Hayne
6. Pearce
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Gallen
10. Gallen
11. O'Donnell
12. O'Donnell
13. O'Donnell

14. Gidley (c)
15. Hayne
16. Gallen
17. O'Donnell

Might give you guys a shot... dunno about Gidley's selection though, perhaps put Pearce on the bench?