What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

mrpwnd

Bench
I don't understand the Lawrence love. He's starting to become overated IMO.

Id personally go this.

2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris - Not in good form but will combine well with his bro and done well in his only game in Origin

LOL! combination with his brother? Tonight showed that the combination means nothing, plus B morris plays more with cooper anyway and that did sh*t all.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd have Tahu out, never rated him as a winger since his comeback to the NRL, i'd have either Merritt or Kevin Gordon over him any day.
I'd take Soward over Campese.
Our no. 9 options are horrible so meh don't care what happens there.
And no point having Ennis and Farah in the team, we saw what happened when we had the 'utility' bloke replace Ennis...didn't work, keep the one hooker and stick with it - i'd go with Farrah. Plus, remember that Lewis also fills the utility roll as well(I rate Mateo more than Lewis, bit of the blue and gold goggles coming in but meh).

Yeah I'm not sure bout Tahu either, but can't think of anyone better. Definately not Monaghan that's for sure. I like Campese, he's a strong defender, great passing and long kicking game. Soward would be too much of a liability in defence IMO. Campese has that natural footy player style that makes him perfect for origin. We need a creative dummy half on the bench, Farah can provide that as a strike weapon. Farah is a far better hooker than Gidley so it's not worth comparing. Lewis is a must. Excels in every position he plays but he's a good enough bakcrower to simply play in the backrow all game instead of being in the side as a utility.

mrpwnd

Bench
Yeah, just watched a few more clips of Campese's highlights and he is pretty solid.
Backtracked to his game 1 in origin last and he had a very good combination with Hayne going, still not TOO sure about farrah and ennis but i see your point, the major problem for farrah last year was trying to run the show too much.
Heh and yeah blue and gold goggles aside, Lewis would be essential. Though i'd LOVE to see Mateo get considered too, he's got a very impressive attack rate compared to other forwards in the game.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris / Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Jennings / J. Morris
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farrah
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Douglas
15. TLL
16. Lewis
17. Galloway / Mannah

From next year,
-Stewart (if he can get back on the field and regain past form) and Dugan will push Hayne.
-Sutton and Carney (if they can maintain consistent form), and Mullen (if he can regain form and fulfil his potential) will push for Campese' 5/8 spot.
-Idris, Lawrence and Champion could press for center spots if they continue to improve their overall game.
- George Rose is still gaining fitness after being out for a couple of months so I haven't put him in the game 3 side, but if he is fit and in top form next year, he would be exactly what NSW would need to fire them up in short bursts off the bench.

Last edited:

mattyg

Bench
way too many fairies and people playing with no heart...i'd drop heaps out of our pack tbh. my team for game 3.

1. Hayne
2. B.Morris
3. J.Morris
4. Lyon (Idris if Lyon isn't fit)
5. Jennings
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. King
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. Mason
16. Mannah
17. Farah

Pazza

First Grade
1.hayne
2.b morris
3.jennings
4.lyon
5.?????
6.bird
7.pearce
8.weyman
9.ennis
10.king
11.hindmarsh
12.TLL
13.watmough

14.soward
15.snowden
16.mannah
17.mason

typicalfan

Coach
I know we got spanked but I think that some of the selections were ok game 2 it is just our structure and confidence that is taking a hit. We need to stick more solidly than in the first game and pick guys in position.

My side

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Lyon
5. Tahu/Monaghan
6. Barrett (c)
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. King/Kite
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Farah
15. Lewis
16. Learoyd Lars
17. Mason

So out goes Cooper due to injury, perhaps Monaghan, Gidley, White, O'Donnell, Creagh and Waterhouse. Creagh has been owned by Thaiday all series and Waterhouse while good isn't as good as the 3 starting backrowers nor does he have the impact or variety that Lewis, TLL or Mason. Most of these changes welcome back guys like Lyon, Watmough and Lewis while the others are due to form or injury.

If we go with Luke Lewis then we can pick Farah over Gidley because Farah covers the only real position Lewis can't.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
1 Josh Dugan - I think it's a bit premature cause I don't think he's physically up to it just yet. And possibly Hayne deserves another chance there, but f**k we're lacking a winger

So your solution is to play the better and more experienced fullback out of position?

Who knew Laurie Daley posted here.

catgrub

Juniors
This should be the basis of our origin side for the future.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris

6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis

11. Lewis
12 Watmough
13. Gallen

Last edited:
1/ Dugan - Blood him now, Hayne = over rated....hello hate mail
2/ B Morris - Great finisher
3/ Jennings - Dangerous angle runner
4/ Kevin Gordon - Also...blood him now, he has impressed me so much lately
5/ Lawrence - Deserves a chance, has to be one of the best centres
6/ Soward - May as well see how he goes
7/ Pearce - Our long term 7?
8/ Snowden - Tough Prop
9/ Farah - Is always a focal point for the other team to shut down, opens up the rest
10/ Galloway - Been unlucky with injuries at the wrong time, now is his time
11/ Watmough - The best forward in the game when he is on...
12/ Hindmarsh - DEFENCE
13/ Lewis - Has to be there

14/ O'Donnell - We need a meat head....
15/ Gallen - Well, maybe 2 meat heads
16/ Heighington - Knows how to find the line, and is a work horse
17/ Champion - Has to be the in form utility at the moment....

I know there are a few there that will raise eyebrows...i just named the guys that have stood out over recent weeks, along with some experience...im sure that team would go alot better than the team that turned up for game 2...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Who wasn't sh*t? If they'd pick some forwards who'd actually take it up to the Qld'rs, he'd have some room to move.

Don't forget that Hayne also made more running meters than anyone else on the park.

Didn't make ANY official errors (the falcon looked like it hit his hands, but he got away with that)

Sorry if he didn't score 5-6 tries to single handedly beat that Maroons team by himself. Seriously, if he can't do that every game he's a fairdinkum joke.

Whatever the team is for game 3, it absolutely MUST BE Hayne 1, Morris 2. Those are the 2 'classiest' players we have in terms of competing at the top level. I would've thought Jennings is not far behind (would've loved to see his footwork on Tonga last night)

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Hindmarsh
12. TLL
13. Watmough

14. Lewis
15. Mannah
16. White (was actually decent last night)
17. Gallen

Might as well ditch Bellamy IMMEDIATELY. There's no way he should be coaching next year - so why not give his replacement a 'dead rubber' to experiment in.

I'd look at either Gould or Anderson as the options. Anderson because he's the club coach of our best option at that level; Gould because he WANTS to beat Big Mal.

Terry-Randal

Juniors
Game 3 means nothing. Queensland will relax like last year theyve won the series. NSW needs to learn from Queensland and stop changing their team every game. The secret to the Maroons is that they pretty much have the same mob running around every time and this is a big advantage in the Origin code. The NSW media are picking the team with their smart arse pressure. Let the selectors pick a long term sqad and stick to it even if we lose the next series.

joseph1

Juniors
Dugan, hayne, morris, jennings, morris, soward, pearce, snowden, farah, mannah, hindmarsh, gallen, lewis / watmough, learoyd lars, mason, tupou. Worst defensive side ever but should be able to score more than one try

FastEddie

Juniors
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]The side i'd pick but i pray they don't
1. Hacksaw Jim Duggan
2. Hayne
3. Lawry
4. Jennings
5. Morris (B)
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Douglas
9. RAF
10. Snowden
11. Gallen
12. TLL
13. Hino

14. Bird
15. Galloway
16. Fifita (a proper bench/impact player) ... maybe a year too early but they blooded very young players in 1989 and it eventually worked
17. Laffranchi - Whatmuff if fit
[/SIZE][/FONT]

FastEddie

Juniors
Now I can't stand Tim Sheens as a club coach. He is past his use by date and is protected in the media. He would be perfect for NSW. He would at least pick sides with an attacking game plan. He would pick a side that TRIES to win, rather than turns up hoping to nullify the opposition and a side that tries not to lose. They'd give the ball some air and give Falou, Lockyer and Tonga something to think about. Bellamy is a great club coach and has the perfect game plan for the week to week grind of the NRL. But he doesn't have the attacking game plan, vision or nous to come up with game plans to trouble the current Qld side. And this is a Qld side without its 2 first choice front rowers and 3rd who has had only minimal impact so far in the series. Imagine the scores if Price, Petero and Hannant had have been available for both games. The bat would have been raised

So your solution is to play the better and more experienced fullback out of position?

Who knew Laurie Daley posted here.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

Dugan is twice the fullback that show pony Hayne will EVER be.

That soft-c*ck Hayne needs to take the cash and piss off to yawnion while he still can.

FastEddie

Juniors
Hayne positionally and aerobically is a terrible fullback. He's alright when parra's hit and hope speculators come off (you know the 8 weeks it has worked in 5 seasons) but to say he's better than Dugan is a laugh. How many times is Hayne out of position on a kick or when someone busts the line. Stop believing the Tele