What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin Game 3 Side

Joker's Wild

Coach
To the dolt who posted Haynes running metres as some sort of defence for him needs to have a look at every NRL game and see which position tops that count for every team.

Haynes 1st run in game 1 where he bumped off Thurston is how he needed to return every ball last night but instead he just wollowed up to the line as if he had just filled his undies. Not good enough from our supposed "best fullback" IMO, regardless of how dominated our pack was.

Id keep him there for game 3 but he really needs to step it up if he wants to keep that spot.

We really missed Brett Stewart this year

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best form NSW side
1 - Dugan
2 - Morris
3 - Morris
4 - Lawrence
5 - Hayne
6 - Sutton
7 - Pearce
8 - Snowden
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Hindmarsh
12 - Gallen
13 - Bird

14 - Douglas
15 - Weyman
16 - Heighington
17 - Gidley
18 - Mannah

Don't make Gidley captain, he is completely inept as a captain. Give it to Hindmarsh, or Gallen (Gallen as captain means he'll be more inclined to keep the niggly sh*t to a minumum)

Personally, I believe this team would be good if kept together as much as possible over the next 3-4 seasons

derekmc

Juniors
Hayne
Morriss
Jennings
Champion
Merritt
Bird
Pearce
Watmough
Lewis
Hindmarsh (c)
Wayman
Ennis
White

Sutton
Waterhouse
Snowden
Gallen

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hard to argue with Unit although I have my doubts about Sutton being able to take the pressure of Origin given his past couple of performances for the Bunnies in big matches.

I like Campo for 5/8

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Scott / Jennings
5. Merritt
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10.Douglas
11.Lewis
12.Watmough
13.Gallen

14.Gidley
15.Waterhouse
16.TLL
17.Snowden / White

Dazraider

Juniors
never understood why they got rid of campo last year when he set up a try and tackled well he was made the scapegoat and having no decent selectors will ruin our chance of winning a series for the next 5 years.
hayne
jennings
idris
scott(played ok)
morris
campo
pearce
weyman
farah
gallen
hindmarsh
o donnell
Stewart

dugan
soward
bailey
laffranchi

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a dead rubber, i think it's a good opportunity to find out. Will he let the pressure get to him, or will the excitement of real rep footy pump him up and see him lift a notch.

I think Sutton is capable. I'd like to see him have a go.

Gus22

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Hayne
6. Gidley
7. Pearce
13. Bird
12. Watmough
11. Lewis
10. Weyman
9. Farah
8. Galloway

14. Idris
15. Stewart
16. Waterhouse
17. Snowden

Coach - Not Bellamy

Gippsy

Bench
The sad thing is NSW has some terriffic young players that you could build a team around over the next 3-5 years. So, firstly, sack the coach and the selectors and go with something like;

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Lawrence/Morris/Jennings
4. Lawrence/Morris/Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Sutton
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Tolman/Douglas/Snowden/Mannah
11. Creagh
12. Gallen
13. Lewis
14-17.Watmough/Tolman/Douglas/Snowden/Mannah/Waterhouse/Champion/Laffranchi/TLL

And most importantly: Coach: P Gould.(or at least someone not involved with a club side)
progress.gif

lsta5838

Juniors
I think we should count our losses and pick the following, to build a nice nucleus for the next few years. It is quite a young side, but if we get a win in Game 3, that should build confidence for next year.

1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Merritt
6. Campese
7. Pierce
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. O'Donnell
13. Lewis

14. Mannah
15. Waterhouse
16. Leyrod Lars
17. Douglas

johns_reds

First Grade
not sure about all the hayne love, surely the eels even most biased fans can see how sh*t he was last night? outleaped by slater in one bomb which resulted in a try, the next bomb he knocked on lucky to get away with it and he was out of position on nearly every kick, he was lucky smith was kicking over the sidelines... the thurston chip which gidley lost the ball, where was hayne? whenever nsw were attacking he threw the ball way to early, didn't draw any defenders first.. oh and finally took a cheap dive, what a pussy.

gronkathon

First Grade
Hayne is, positionally, the worst fullback in the NRL.

But he is "a freak" so he gets a pass from commentators

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Firstly a new selection panel, I dont know what goes through their heads when they pick these ridiculous sides, but something has to be done.

If they pick 4 front rowers this time, maybe they would go better.

To pick only 2 props and have two second rowers off the bench as back up front rowers is pathetic.

You cant have Gallen, Hindmarsh, O'Donnell, Creagh, Waterhouse all in the same side.

I would have Gallen, Hindmarsh, Lewis and maybe Glen Stewart should come into the team.

I also think blokes like Snowden, King, Mannah should be considered in the front row.

As far as centres go, I reckon Jennings should definately be in there. Players like Lawrence, Champion, J Morris should be in there ahead of Scott and Cooper. Although Scott did an ok job last night.

Not sure about the halves, Barrett and Pearce last night werent impressive at all. I reckon Bird should be another chance, or maybe Campese. Mullen even, I mean he didnt do too bad in his first game and then they completely brushed him.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Sutton/Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Watmog
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Campbell
15. Inform prop
16. Inform prop
17. Inform prop

Zigwaa

Bench
I know it's been said planty of times, but I agree. The selectors need to stop picking players to try and combat the QLD players and just pick the best damn team. Beau Scott and Monaghan were embarassing, Cooper wasn't much better.
Hayne looked good at times and is our bes option in the number 1 jumper.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Campese/ Soward
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. TLL
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Hindmarsh

14. Sutton
15. Lewis
16. Snowden
17. Mannah

zombie jesus

Staff member
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Tahu
6. Sutton/Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Watmog
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Campbell
15. Inform prop
16. Inform prop
17. Inform prop

I like this one + Tim Mannah on the bench.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Lets looks at the two best club sides benches

Melbourne sides bench - typically something like two props a back rower and hinchcliffe.
Dragons sides bench - typically two or three props and one or two back rowers

NSW bench - 3 back rowers and a gidley

we need a better bench ... with some go forward and impact ...

I also think we need some combinations in the 1-6-7-9 area

1. Todd Carney
2. Jarred Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Braith Anasta
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Willie Mason