What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Halves have the most influence on a game generally, we have more to lose than Qld so until we gain the ascendancy the best move should be to mirror what they do, but do it better. It's no use throwing inexperienced, but talented, NRL halves in if Thurston and Lockyer are picked, because as we've seen over the past few years, the experience of Smith, Lockyer, Thurston and Slater playing together has been a big advantage for them.

They have a strong influence in attack yes, but I cant see how our attack has anything to do with Queenslands attack. Yes Perhaps we need an experienced player in the halves but not because Queensland have one but because it will help with the development of the team and pass down the tradition and culture of the side.

And I refuse to accept that because Queensland are doing it, we should do it to to try and match them. We should be building a side and a style that beats theirs. Finding our own way to win. I think Bellamy has that style, but not the cattle, not yet. 2010??

Knightmare

Coach
If NSW play like they did in the last Origin encounter, and do it for at least 2 of the 3 games, I think this will be our year at last.

The Bellamy factor (which I've explained in more detail elsewhere) and Qld's Smith-Thurston-Lockyer combo experience still makes me uneasy though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dazzat

I'm sure as a hardcore maroons supporter you are just full of praise anytime NSW wins and not chalking it up to other things besides them being the better side on the day.

I guess we find your stellar moral standards to high to live up to

bmwpower

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Jennings
3.J Morris
4.Cooper
5.B Morris
6.Mullen
7.Barrett
8.Bailey
9.Farah
10.Weyman
11.Watmough
12.Creagh
13.Gallen

14.Gidley
15.Poore
16.White
17.Hindmarsh

abpanther

Staff member
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Chris Lawrence
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Justin Poore
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen

Bench
14. Luke Lewis
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Glen Stewart
17. Keith Galloway

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawerence
5. B.Morris

6. Carney
7. Kimmorley

8. Galloway
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

Lewis, Poore, Bailey, J.Thompson

Everyones teams will be different in 10 weeks dues to poor form, injury etc

abpanther

Staff member
It really is amazing the depth of backrowers that NSW has,

Watmough
Creagh
Gallen
Lewis
Learoyd-Lahrs
Stewart
Bird
Thompson
Mateo
Waterhouse
Ryan
Hindmarsh
Laffranchi
Paterson

1. Hayne
2. Stewert/Lawrence
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. B Morris

6. Mullen
7. Carney

13. Gallen
12. Creagh
11. Watmough
10. Ryles
9. Farah
8. Weyman

14. O' Donnell
15. Bird/Lewis
16. Poore
17. Galloway

Bird/Lewis is the utility player that can cover halves if necessary (although I reckon Bird is a sh*t 5/8).

I really struggled to pick a winger. I don't think either Lawrence or Stewert would be great, but Jennings would be wasted there and J Morris struggled at the Dragons on the wing.

Please Please Please stop picking has-beens that constantly fail aka Kimmorley/Barrett/Finch. If NSW would have stuck with Mullen 2-3 years ago, and picked Farah 1-2 years earlier, we'd be so much more better off.

adamkungl

Immortal
revised backline, Stewart gooorrrrrn

1 Hayne
2 B Morris
3 Jennings
4 Lawrence
5 Minichiello
6 Carney
7 Pearce

abpanther

Staff member
Please Please Please stop picking has-beens that constantly fail aka Kimmorley/Barrett/Finch. If NSW would have stuck with Mullen 2-3 years ago, and picked Farah 1-2 years earlier, we'd be so much more better off.

Like last year :roll:

perverse

Referee
Like last year :roll:
the point he makes is valid, though. if we had stuck with any of our young combinations and showed some faith and confidence in them we would be in a much stronger position than we are now. the NSW selectors set mullens career back years. last year he showed glimpses of his best form... and he was absolutely clinical against the dogs this weekend past... but it damaged him as a player for a long time. if you're going to chuck a kid into the frying pan... you absolutely MUST stick with him... and NSW have totally failed in this regard since the retirement of Johns.

i still believe the Carney/Mullen combination is the best we can go with... but this is also worth a shot if current form continues:

1. Carney
2. Hayne
6. Mullen
7. Pearce
9. Farah/Ennis

and before all the f**king hayne whingers come in about how he should be fullback etc... he did a bloody good job from the wing last year, and he can still leave his print on the game from there. i don't buy this whole "get the ball in his hands as much as possible" business... because it completely dilutes his brilliance... and puts too much pressure on him to pull the big play out of his hat on every touch. everyone is expecting him to continue the form he was in last year... and that's just not fair either. the bloke is a class player and should be used sparingly... otherwise his impact is lost and predictability sets in. he's already looking far less effective this year, and we've only seen him in 2 matches.

Last edited:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Here is my team and the reason's why i have chosen them:

1. Hayne - On last years form he picks himself.
2. B. Morris - Top try scorer last season. Big and strong which is what you need for origin.
3. J. Morris - Another big, strong finisher.
4. Tahu - Experience plus great skill. We need someone big to shut down Inglis.
5. Jennings/Lawrence - Both great players and I cant pick but I would go for whoever is in the better form.
6. Barrett - Worked in game 3 last year so stick with it.
7. Kimmorely - Look I no people want to blood youth for the future. But who cares about next year and the year after. Im sick of losing and I want to win THIS YEAR!

8. Bailey (c) - Experience and will give it his all.
9. Ennis - Incumbant and I think has the style of game to fit in better with origin compared to Farah. Was solid in game 3 last year.
10. Weyman - Tough, young player who will give NSW plenty of service in the next few years.
11. Watmough - Apart from Hayne I think he is the only player who is a certain starter.
12. Gallen - Some may not like him but hes tough and gives it his all. Made for Origin.
13. Bird - Same as Gallen.

14. Ryles - provides some more experience off the bench.
15. Poore - another young player that along with Weyman should play for NSW for many years to come.
16. Creagh/Lewis - Add just about any other fringe origin second rower you can think of. This spot is up for grabs for anyone who wants to take it.
17. Carney/Soward - Use this spot to blood a half for the future. QLD will no doubt have Cronk on the bench this series so why shouldn't we do the same. Apart from Soward and Carney others like Sutton, Pearce, Campese etc could put their name up for this last position if they have sensational starts to the season. It also takes the pressure off them of having to lead the team around as that will lay with the experience of Barrett and Kimmorely.

Vicious

Bench
1.Hayne
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Morris
4.Jennings
5.Lawrence
6.Carney/Soward
7.Pearce
13.Luke O`Donnell
12.Creagh
11.Watmough
10.Cross
9.Farah
8.Weyman

14.Lewis
15.Meteo
16.Poore
17.Galloway

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
Hayne is wasted on the wing and Dugan isn't good enough to justify moving Hayne to the wing.

Last edited:
Joel thompson to partner Jennings in the centres?
For anyone who has seen him play this season he is very definsively sound and very aggresive.
In the first two games (where we were beaten convinsingly in the 1st and had no possesion in the 2nd) his stats are

15 tackles breaks
1 try assist
3 line breaks
247m gained
2 tries

How many centres can match that? and yes i know its only rd2

If Thompson isnt selected (he wont be) id like to see Lawerence there. FAr more deserving than Josh "the overated one" Morris

Latest posts