What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

League_God

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Cooper
3.Jennings
4.Tahu
5.Brett Morris
6.Barret
7.Kimmorley
8.Ryles
9.Ennis
10.Galloway
11.Odonell
12.Watmough
13.Bird

14.Gallen
15.Poore
16.Weyman
17.Gidley

say what you want about that side..but fit and firing..that side can beat any team

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I tipped Tolman to have a big year. Not necessarily an Origin jersey worthy year, but a big one thats for sure. He was awesome in the Grand Final and only looks to be getting better.

watatank

Coach
My modesty prevents me from telling Dutchy and AdamK to stick to the FFB or other non-nrl related forums.

Tolman is on a different level to the other 3 Storm players (who deserved a shot btw).

Yeah but Tolman is in the early stages of his career...no doubt he's got a long rep career ahead of him...but it may be too early. Mind you, he did play very well in against a strong Leeds pack lead by Peacock who is one of the best forwards in the world.

He's quality and I wouldn't be unhappy if he was selected but it wouldn't be fair to expect a 21/22 year old to confront Civoneceva and Price and get the better of them. I would rather see him play lock.

Noa

First Grade
I hope he doesnt get picked, will blow our cap out of the water......... again !!!

And Id agree Douglas deserves a look before him.

Knightmare

Coach
This may be a shot in the dark, but what about Finch at halfback? Bellamy will know his game from coaching him at the Storm, plus Finchy has a reasonable amount of Origin experience and has generally done a good job when picked for NSW.

I do agree that NSW should stop picking coaches who have a lot of Qlders in their teams. No surprise the Blues haven't won a series since selectors have gone this way, while Qld have done the opposite and gone with one of their own with no ties to an NRL side.

Dazzat

First Grade
I do agree that NSW should stop picking coaches who have a lot of Qlders in their teams. No surprise the Blues haven't won a series since selectors have gone this way, while Qld have done the opposite and gone with one of their own with no ties to an NRL side.

I'd say it's more accurate to say something like "it's no surprise that Blues haven't won a series since Queensland have been fielding a far superior team".

But by all means, grab any random thing you like from the rapidly expanding bag of NSW excuses ... :lol:

Let's just try shall we? Repeat after me ... "Queensland are are a much better team than NSW despite the fact they have far less players to choose from."

Big Pete

Referee
Everytime I read a Knightmare post I'm reminded of the Mormans episode from South Park.

"Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb"

Knightmare

Coach
To keep up with the South Park references, you calling someone else dumb on here is like Cartman calling someone else "fat".

And if you think having some key players in the other side isn't a hindrance, maybe you should think back to when Michael Hagan was in charge of your eternal underdog "NSW have 10000000x more players than us" Maroons...

Big Pete

Referee
To keep up with the South Park references, you calling someone else dumb on here is like Cartman calling someone else "fat".

And if you think having some key players in the other side isn't a hindrance, maybe you should think back to when Michael Hagan was in charge of your eternal underdog "NSW have 10000000x more players than us" Maroons...

I'm not the one who wants Brett Finch, the winner of one Origin game, playing.

I also don't come up with the most inane bull s**t excuses whenever my side loses.

Suck it up Knightmare and admit that Queensland has been the superior side for four years in a row.

Knightmare

Coach
So if you're going by the amount of Origin wins Brett Finch has played in to gauge his ability at that level, do you also accept that Brett Kenny was a better player than Wally Lewis because he won more Origins when they opposed eachother at 5/8th?

I also don't base all my opinions on what The Courier Mail tells me to believe.

And in your case, the amount of Queensland series wins is irrelevant. They could win the next 4 in a row and you'd still be a dickhead.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Here's an idea guys, play the ball and not the man.

If you don't think having Bellamy as coach is some sort of conflict of interest, you're either delusional or biased. Of course he has a soft spot for players like Billy, Greg, Cooper, Cam etc!

He's a good coach but we all have our doubts, and quite rightfully IMO.

Big Pete

Referee
So if you're going by the amount of Origin wins Brett Finch has played in to gauge his ability at that level, do you also accept that Brett Kenny was a better player than Wally Lewis because he won more Origins when they opposed eachother at 5/8th?

Drawing a long bow for my lazy reasoning as to why Finch isn't up to scratch at Origin level. I'll bite.

If going by the system I laid out, Lewis would reign supreme.

Since Kenny's overall record at Origin level was seven wins from sixteen games. Compared to Lewis' 21 wins from 34 games.

Apples and oranges at the end of the day.

To be fair though, Finch has only had one decent performance at Origin level. He's never been much scratch and as a player has gone backwards since 2007. Playing him would be a step back for New South Wales.

I also don't base all my opinions on what The Courier Mail tells me to believe.

Keep believing that myth. It only proves you're a liar

And in your case, the amount of Queensland series wins is irrelevant. They could win the next 4 in a row and you'd still be a dickhead.

:lol: That right there for mine proves you haven't grown up one bit since 2006.

You're deadset delusional. You can't find anything positive to say about Queensland and you always find a way to belittle your on state in a way to avoid congratulating your opposition on their achievements. You truly are a sad individual mate and hey at least at the end of the day I'm a dickhead with a sense of integrity.

You on the other hand, can't even live with the truth. So you clutch at whatever straws or lies you can to satisfy your own disillusioned state of mind.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bellamy is a fine coach and would be great NSW coach if was not in charge of current NRL team.

The fact Sheens and Bellamy, and before them Stuart etc etc is disgrace to the system.

QLD have it right, the rest have it wrong.

Plain and simple.

Knightmare

Coach
Drawing a long bow for my lazy reasoning as to why Finch isn't up to scratch at Origin level. I'll bite.

If going by the system I laid out, Lewis would reign supreme.

Since Kenny's overall record at Origin level was seven wins from sixteen games. Compared to Lewis' 21 wins from 34 games.

Apples and oranges at the end of the day.

To be fair though, Finch has only had one decent performance at Origin level. He's never been much scratch and as a player has gone backwards since 2007. Playing him would be a step back for New South Wales.

Keep believing that myth. It only proves you're a liar

:lol: That right there for mine proves you haven't grown up one bit since 2006.

You're deadset delusional. You can't find anything positive to say about Queensland and you always find a way to belittle your on state in a way to avoid congratulating your opposition on their achievements. You truly are a sad individual mate and hey at least at the end of the day I'm a dickhead with a sense of integrity.

You on the other hand, can't even live with the truth. So you clutch at whatever straws or lies you can to satisfy your own disillusioned state of mind.

Your memory sure sucks. I've said before that Mal Meninga is what you want in an Origin coach- someone who has no links to an NRL club, no bias except towards the state he is coaching. I have also said before that Qld have been well-organised and had a better team structure as opposed to the Blues who for mine have chopped and changed their halves too much the past few years. If that's not having something good to say about the Maroons then I'm not here.

Secondly, I call it as I see it, and you can't say that if the Maroons hadn't won a series in a while that you wouldn't be discussing what was wrong with the coaching/ playing staff. Unlike you, I can critiscise my own side from time to time, and don't slam anybody from the Maroon side of the fence as an idiot if they dare to be critical of the NSW team.

Knightmare

Coach
Bellamy is a fine coach and would be great NSW coach if was not in charge of current NRL team.

The fact Sheens and Bellamy, and before them Stuart etc etc is disgrace to the system.

QLD have it right, the rest have it wrong.

Plain and simple.

Thankyou, this was more or less my original point, before one or two people got all hysterical about it and decided that I was somehow having a go at Qld! :lol: