What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

I'm not suggesting this guy should be in the mix, but just out of curiosity does anyone know which origin team that Andrew Fifita guy would be in, if he was selected?

abpanther

Staff member
Its because they are freaks... They are close to 800 years old now and still hit it up much much better than forwards half their age.

Not to worry NSW have heaps of promising props coming through:

Aiden Tolman
Kade Snowden

These two guys can probably be immense! Who else is young and going well?

Tim Grant is playing pretty well, he's not ready yet but maybe in a season or 2

T

Juniors
Blue, think hes from around the same area as inglis so he might be eligible for both teams haha

Fibroman

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Morris J
3. Lyon
4. lawrence
5. Morris B
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farrah
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Creagh
15. Mason
16. Cross
17. O'Donnell

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
We really need higher class of props. To be honest, a guy like Weyman should not be close to the starting side for NSW. We really are lacking in quality there.

gidley has been scapegoated in every game he's played for NSW around these parts, so i don't know what you're talking about, lol.

I'm talking about him never getting dropped from the side you moron. Who gives a f*ck if he's scapegoated on the forums? He's been continually picked when the guy just flat out sucks as a player.

otori

Juniors
1. Gidley
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris
4. Champion
5. Hayne
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Douglas
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen
14. Lewis
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Galloway
17. O'Donnell

hybrid_tiger

Coach
4. Champion

You are f**king kidding me.

If a good four games is enough to get you picked for Origin, then every player in the comp should be in the running. No doubt that Champion has started the season well, but when he plays like that week in week out consistently for a good 12-18 months, then we can start to talk Origin.

I can't understand why people are leaving Chris Lawrence out of their teams. He should just about be the first centre picked, has played consistently well for more than 12 months, probably should have been picked last year.

Compare him to Josh Morris for example who seems to be everyones flavour of the month - Don't get me wrong, Morris is a good player, scores a fair few tries but rarely gives his winger good ball, unlike Lawrence. Lawrence also outsprinted Slater whilst cramping up, so he's one of the fastest players in the comp.

otori

Juniors

If a good four games is enough to get you picked for Origin, then every player in the comp should be in the running. No doubt that Champion has started the season well, but when he plays like that week in week out consistently for a good 12-18 months, then we can start to talk Origin.

I can't understand why people are leaving Chris Lawrence out of their teams. He should just about be the first centre picked, has played consistently well for more than 12 months, probably should have been picked last year.

Compare him to Josh Morris for example who seems to be everyones flavour of the month - Don't get me wrong, Morris is a good player, scores a fair few tries but rarely gives his winger good ball, unlike Lawrence. Lawrence also outsprinted Slater whilst cramping up, so he's one of the fastest players in the comp.

Well that was a big rant. The Morris brothers in my opinion, should make up one centre/wing pairing so you effectively have three positions left in the backline. I like Champion a lot as a player but Lawrence and Jennings would be just as able. The problem I see is that if Hayne is fullback, the other winger is a bit of a nothing player. I originally had Hayne at fullback with Merritt as the other winger so I don't know who should play out there.

Also, I'm glad that this year we actually have some options in terms of centre as opposed to the previous few years. J. Morris, Champion, Lawrence and Jennings would all make great additions. I just f**king hope Jamie Lyon doesn't get picked. I base that not on form but on the fact he's just a dickhead that clearly doesn't care at all about the Blues.

Last edited:

broncos70

Juniors
tim mannahs a good young prop, he'll be there in a couple of years of idiot daniel anderson gives him more game time. i think game time at parra is in order of who gets the most money. cayless>poore>fui>mannah, even though mannah has the best stats:time

i think nsw should pick tolman, he's awesome! luke douglas is good too, but doesn't get the credit cos he's at the sharkies

hayne out of form is still better than gidley at fullback. if i were to pick a fullback over hayne it'd be dugan, but that won't happen

typicalfan

Coach

Josh Morris rarely gets good ball from Roberts, Roberts floats across field well then often passes or kicks at the wrong time and it is left to J Morris to make something happen.

Bryson Goodwin is an average first grader that was made to look good by Josh Morris last season imo. J Morris and Michael Jennings can outrun a fresh Billy Slater let alone the one that was stuffed after a high quality match v Tigers last year.

Lawrence is good but he doesn't create his own chances as much as Lyon or Morris. Jennings is much more freakish but he goes missing which is a concern but if he lifts for origin then I don't care.

I think Lawrence would make a good origin winger to begin with then move him when he gets more experience.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well that was a big rant. The Morris brothers in my opinion, should make up one centre/wing pairing so you effectively have three positions left in the backline. I like Champion a lot as a player but Lawrence and Jennings would be just as able. The problem I see is that if Hayne is fullback, the other winger is a bit of a nothing player. I originally had Hayne at fullback with Merritt as the other winger so I don't know who should play out there.

Also, I'm glad that this year we actually have some options in terms of centre as opposed to the previous few years. J. Morris, Champion, Lawrence and Jennings would all make great additions. I just f**king hope Jamie Lyon doesn't get picked. I base that not on form but on the fact he's just a dickhead that clearly doesn't care at all about the Blues.

I think Hayne will be on the wing, and Hayne and Lawrence on one side is a very good pairing, both defensively and in attack. Lawrence is capable of supplying quick, quality ball to his winger, and Hayne will only benefit from that.

Unfortunately Gidley will be at fullback. Brett Morris is a shoe-in on the other side, but that centre spot is still open. I'm not sure J.Morris is in good enough form to be a shoe-in, and there's also Jennings to consider.

perverse

Referee
I'm talking about him never getting dropped from the side you moron. Who gives a f*ck if he's scapegoated on the forums? He's been continually picked when the guy just flat out sucks as a player.
haha, i see. you're such a touchy little princess.

seeing as we won't beat QLD unless our forwards get on top of them anyway - which has only happened in maybe 1 or 2 games in the past 4 years, it warms my heart a little to know that gidley will likely be selected and campese likely won't be. at least gidley brings enthusiasm and energy to a team... whereas campese brings sweet f**k all.

Latest posts