What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Benjitheking

Juniors
01.Josh Dugan
02.Brett Morris
03.Beau Scott
04.Chris Lawrence
05.Jarryd Hayne
06.Todd Carney
07.Mitchell Pearce
08.Aiden Tolman
09.Robbie Farah
10.Michael Weyman
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Ben Creagh
13.Paul Gallen (c)

14.Luke Lewis
15.Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16.Luke Douglas
17.Keith Galloway

STG-Dragon

Juniors
1. J.Hayne
2. A.Minichiello
3. M.Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. B.Morris
6. T.Barrett (c)
7. B.Kimmorley
8. M.Weyman
9. M.Ennis
10. B.White
11. A.Watmough
12. B.Creagh
13. L.O'Donnell

14. T.Carney
15. T.Waterhouse
16. B.Cross
17. T.Learoyd-Lahrs

johns_reds

First Grade
i know there's the whole if you're good enough, you're old enough thing... but i just think dugan could get another season of first grade under his belt before playing origin. if he keeps playing like he is and develops further then he'll get there for sure, but our history blooding young players over the past few years hasn't been a good one.

big fan of dugan, though. i wouldn't take him off the table just yet in spite of the above. still a lot of footy to go before origin.

Hayne debut for NSW when he was 19 didn't he? Dugan will be 20 by the time SOO roles around, I don't think that age should be an issue;
Hayne was also picked the year after his rookie year which would be the same for Dugan if he got picked this year. If I were a NSW fan I’d want Dugan at fullback over Hayne or Gidley.

jimmee007

Juniors
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Douglas
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen

14. Luke Lewis
15. Keith Galloway
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Tom Leahroyd-Lars

I think we need to mix youth and experience in the halves and Mitchell Pearce is our long term half back solution, therefore i have gone for Barrett at 5/8.

Yosh

Coach
01.Josh Dugan
02.Brett Morris
03.Beau Scott
04.Chris Lawrence
05.Jarryd Hayne
06.Todd Carney
07.Mitchell Pearce
08.Aiden Tolman
09.Robbie Farah
10.Michael Weyman
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Ben Creagh
13.Paul Gallen (c)

14.Luke Lewis
15.Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16.Luke Douglas
17.Keith Galloway

Too much experience in that side:D

perverse

Referee
Hayne debut for NSW when he was 19 didn't he? Dugan will be 20 by the time SOO roles around, I don't think that age should be an issue;
Hayne was also picked the year after his rookie year which would be the same for Dugan if he got picked this year. If I were a NSW fan I’d want Dugan at fullback over Hayne or Gidley.
Hayne's career hasn't exactly been smooth sailing, form wise or otherwise... so it's not really the bext example. honestly, i can see and understand the argument for dugan, i'm just of the school that it would be better for his career if he could get some more game time under his belt in the NRL first, and some finals footy would also be extremely advantageous.

i also think it would be better for NSW this way.

Last edited:

stoodamire

Juniors
What i would like to see but will never happen,

1) J. Dugan (J. Hayne) (A. Minichello)
2) B. Morris
3) J. Lyon (M. Jennings) (T. Tahu)
4) J. Morris
5) J. Hayne (A. Minichello)
6) T. Carney (G. Bird)
7) M. Pearce
13) P. Gallen
12) B. Creagh
11) A. Watmough
10) M. Weyman
9) R. Farah
8) B. White

14) L. Lewis
15) B. Kite
16) T. Leyroyd-Lars
17) K. Galloway

You might say some of the players i have selected are out of form, but they are proven at Origin level and that's what QLD do, they show loyalty to proven players.

abpanther

Staff member
all of the players in bold are either hopelessly out of form or playing in currently quite hopeless teams... or both. not sure where you're coming from at all. the only reason i would probably pick j morris and hayne would be that no-one else is sticking their hand up, really. having jennings over lawrence at this stage would be very dumb imo.

Have you actually watched Penrith play this season? The team is definitely playing well and to say that Jennings is hopelessley out of form is just B/S, sure the guy hasn't scored 10 tries and had a quiet start to the season but he has been great for us the past 2 games now...

perverse

Referee
Have you actually watched Penrith play this season? The team is definitely playing well and to say that Jennings is hopelessley out of form is just B/S, sure the guy hasn't scored 10 tries and had a quiet start to the season but he has been great for us the past 2 games now...
it's not b/s, he's hardly bashing the selectors doors down for a jersey. i didn't see the panthers game this weekend past, but i've watched them for the rest of the year... and to say he's been quiet is an understatement.

... and aside from anything else my point wasn't really about how poor those players had been, but rather they didn't really fit the criteria that BF set himself in the first sentence of his post. the panthers are travelling *ok*, but they are hardly a success this year. if his criteria was fair dinkum then jennings doesn't meet it, that was my point.

you can now carry on with your hissy fit.

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Gallen
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Creagh
15. Lewis
16. Learoyd Lahrs
17. Douglas

abpanther

Staff member
it's not b/s, he's hardly bashing the selectors doors down for a jersey. i didn't see the panthers game this weekend past, but i've watched them for the rest of the year... and to say he's been quiet is an understatement.

... and aside from anything else my point wasn't really about how poor those players had been, but rather they didn't really fit the criteria that BF set himself in the first sentence of his post. the panthers are travelling *ok*, but they are hardly a success this year. if his criteria was fair dinkum then jennings doesn't meet it, that was my point.

you can now carry on with your hissy fit.

No hissy fit here mate, you made the point that those players shouldn't be considered because either their teams are playing hopeless or they are in hopeless form, neither of those are true for Jennings, that was my point in case you missed it :D

Anyone not picking Lyon has either:

A. Not watched Manly play
B. Is too biased towards their own players
C. Has no idea

D. Chris Lawrence is better.

I have watched manly play this year 3 times. I have watched all the tigers games. Apart from goal kicking I don't see anything in Lyon that Lawrence doesn't do better.

Like Lawrence's defence a lot especially in possible match ups against the QLD centres. He offers a lot more in attack than Lyon as well. Lyon had a great game against the Sharks, but who was up up against.

Lyon didn't have a great series last year especially in defence. I am sure however the knob NSW selectors will pick him.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Why does Lyon deserve a spot when he has said he would rather not be selected?

His form means little if this is his attitude to rep footy

RedVfaithful

Juniors
1.Hayne(origin might be the best thing to lift his form)
2.B Morris
3.Scott(mission=stop G.I.)
4.Jennings
5.Dugan(Oustanding and exciting prospesct)
6.Soward(Give him a go when others have not performed at that level)
7.Pearce
8.Weyman
9.Ennis/Farah
10.Galloway
11.Watmough(C)(Captain=Passionate and leads by example)
12.Creagh
13.Bird(i was going to put him on the bench but i think he has to start)

14.Douglas(No non-sense prop)
15.Tolman(as above)
16.Gallen
17.Alan tongue(if he was from qld would of played origin ages ago)

Latest posts