What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

The Gambler

Juniors
If you are going to pick Beau Scott in the centres over a player like Morris just to 'stop G.I.' then you may as well pick Lawrence. His defence is just as good if not better and actually provides something in attack.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Lyon has said he wants to play this year, if he didn't want to play he could have put in to have his name left out.

Last year were different circumstances, he took a selfish stance and wanted to concentrate on his own form and Manly who were in the sh*t at the time, only 1 or 2 wins in a couple of months when he came out and said not to pick him, his form probably didn't warrant picking him at the time, he said himself that Jennings, Cooper and Lawrence were better options.

Things are different now, Manly running along nicely, he's playing brilliantly, he hasn't played this well (at centre) since he came back from St Helens.

If his form warrants it he should be picked, although I would not complain with Lawrence, Jennings or Morris getting runs ahead of him if they are in better form.

RedVfaithful

Juniors
Lyon has said he wants to play this year, if he didn't want to play he could have put in to have his name left out.

Last year were different circumstances, he took a selfish stance and wanted to concentrate on his own form and Manly who were in the sh*t at the time, only 1 or 2 wins in a couple of months when he came out and said not to pick him, his form probably didn't warrant picking him at the time, he said himself that Jennings, Cooper and Lawrence were better options.

Things are different now, Manly running along nicely, he's playing brilliantly, he hasn't played this well (at centre) since he came back from St Helens.

If his form warrants it he should be picked, although I would not complain with Lawrence, Jennings or Morris getting runs ahead of him if they are in better form.

if you have passion you will want to play no matter what the circumstancers are. I bet you if any of the current queensland players were a injured or if there club side was going bad they will still want to play just like darren lockeyer did this year. Your passion dosent change in a year

zombie jesus

Staff member
I would take his form in to consideration a lot more than his passion or commitment, going by last year the selectors will probably think the same way, and his form didn't even warrant selection back then.

Spot On

Coach
The weakest/most worrying position for mine is the prop rotation. NSW have not been competitive enough or good enough to match Civeno or Price for four years. Who is going to bang it up and do the tough stuff for the entire 80 mins and get over the top of the QLD pack for at least two games this year???

weststigerman

Juniors
I'd go with:

1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Lawrence
4. Lyon (Josh Morris)
5. Quinn
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Gibbs
11. Watmough
12. Laffranchi
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Creagh
16. Weyman
17. Shillington

Yosh

Coach
The weakest/most worrying position for mine is the prop rotation. NSW have not been competitive enough or good enough to match Civeno or Price for four years. Who is going to bang it up and do the tough stuff for the entire 80 mins and get over the top of the QLD pack for at least two games this year???

Its because they are freaks... They are close to 800 years old now and still hit it up much much better than forwards half their age.

Not to worry NSW have heaps of promising props coming through:

Aiden Tolman
Kade Snowden

These two guys can probably be immense! Who else is young and going well?

Adsy

Juniors
1. Todd Carney
2. Brett Morris
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Greg Bird
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Paul Gallen

14. Luke Lewis
15. Ben Creagh
16. Luke Douglas
17. Ben Cross

Campese was hideous. Take off those green glasses

Wrong.

He set up NSW's only legit try with a kick for Hayne. He also put one of the backrowers over with a short ball but it was dropped. He didn't miss a tackle or drop a ball. People expected him to win that game on his own, which he would of been capable of if he was actually passed the ball. He received no support and was made a scapegoat. Farrah and Wallace showed how sh*t they were in the 2nd game and were dropped accordingly. Those 2 and Gidley should of been scapegoated after game 1, not Campese.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
gidley has been scapegoated in every game he's played for NSW around these parts, so i don't know what you're talking about, lol.

True that, the first mistake NSW did was choose Brent Kite, who i believe is NOT an origin player! he isn't one of those players who is able to drive forward when in the contact situation thus not creating momentum and giving the backs good ball. your very right with Petro and Steve, who when in the contact situation just refuse to go down! I think if they use Tom Leroyd-Lahrs at prop, it would be a good move, as he is hard to put away because of his size.

Its because they are freaks... They are close to 800 years old now and still hit it up much much better than forwards half their age.

Not to worry NSW have heaps of promising props coming through:

Aiden Tolman
Kade Snowden

These two guys can probably be immense! Who else is young and going well?

Luke Douglas

johns_reds

First Grade
Hayne's career hasn't exactly been smooth sailing, form wise or otherwise... so it's not really the bext example. honestly, i can see and understand the argument for dugan, i'm just of the school that it would be better for his career if he could get some more game time under his belt in the NRL first, and some finals footy would also be extremely advantageous.

i also think it would be better for NSW this way.

Yeah that is true, he probably is still a little raw, i agree one more year and he should be good to go but i hope selectors don't keep him back due to age