What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

adamkungl

Immortal
Pearce could possible be ok for Origin 1? He's out for a month, Origin 1 is in exactly 1 month. But he'd have no game time for 3 weeks...

evil_p091280

Juniors
f**k, Pearce out, Mullen playing like a busted arse......Kimmorley may well be the best choice.

Sad day for NSW.

With our selectors 5-0 is all I see.

Not sure why he supposedly a certainty, he has been shown up against both the drags and dogs.

Hornby, Luke walsh and noddy all better choices although hornby has retired from rep.

petetheileet

First Grade
Assuming that Anthony Watmough and Paul Gallen are picked in the ANZAC Test:

City

8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Luke O’Donnell

14. Luke Lewis
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Luke Stuart (old, yes, but a late peak in his career)
17. Bryce Gibbs/Jason King (for lack of better options)

Country

8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Luke Douglas
11. Anthony Tupou/Corey Paterson (depending on form + fitness at the time)
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Dean Young

14. Greg Bird
15. Ben Creagh
16. Aiden Tolman
17. Kade Snowden

Willie Mason, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Justin Poore, Michael Henderson and Dan Hunt are all very unlucky to miss out on this team, and if they were City eligible, they would probably displace Stuart or Gibbs/King.

Plenty of youth, no need to pick dead end players like Kite, White, Perry, Cross, Bailey, Ryles, Simpson, Hindmarsh, Ryan, etc - who are all essentially steps backward, or players like Sims, Tilse, etc who just wouldn't cut it IMO. It is best to give these players of the future a chance to shine and show their credentials as potential Origin stars for the following seasons.

Those in Bold just Baffle me

are you sure your name isnt actually 'The Crack'??

cause surely you are smoking it!

D

Deleted member 10972

Those in Bold just Baffle me

are you sure your name isnt actually 'The Crack'??

cause surely you are smoking it!

They might be reshuffled slightly, but most are incumbents. Mark Minichiello is a top player, very underrated, tough, can break the line and make loads of yards, I don't see how he is a shock to you.

Luke O'Donnell is a classic Origin player, how is that a shock at all? If NSW don't pick him, I will be stunned.

What is wrong with Creagh, Laffranchi and Young?

Remember something, CvC is usually made up of all the players who did not make the Australian team, that are in contention for NSW. Grant is a bolter definitely, but he has been in tremendous form this year. Paterson has looke very dangerous too, 2007 and 2008 he was outstanding, and this year he has been very hard to bring down.

You can always swap Lewis into the starting side and put someone else on the bench, makes no difference really.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont care how inexperienced he is, anything but Josh Dugan at fullback is a donkey's vote
he's the best fullback in the game right now. And shows no signs of slowing up

Giddley's a busted arse. Stewart is injured, Hayne is playing averagely and has proven to be effective on the wing... #1 = Dugan

Jono078

Referee
1 Josh Dugan
2 Jarryd Hayne - One out of left field though; Anthony Quinn has been great since he had an avg game against the Knights.
3 Jamie Lyon / Michael Jennings
4 Matt Cooper
5 Brett Morris
6 Jamie Soward
7 Brett Kimmorley - Pearce is currently out for a month, we'll see how his form is when he's back
8 Kade Snowden
9 Robbie Farah
10 Michael Weyman
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Ben Creagh
13 Paul Gallen
--
14 Luke Lewis
15 Keith Galloway
16 Anthony Laffranchi
17 Willie Mason

adamkungl

Immortal
Not sure why he supposedly a certainty, he has been shown up against both the drags and dogs.

Hornby, Luke walsh and noddy all better choices although hornby has retired from rep.

He hasn't been shown up by anyone. Our team as a whole might have been, but Pearce has been our best week in week out.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Do not recall saying certainity, do recall saying Kimmorley could be our best choice, and it is sad.

patzz_

Juniors
He hasn't been shown up by anyone. Our team as a whole might have been, but Pearce has been our best week in week out.

After the weekend i feel that kimmorley is the logical choice. Pearce gets to kick friendly for my liking against the stronger teams and on the weekend didn't show much direction in attack.

sputneek

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Lyon (C)
4. Jennings
5. Lawrence
6. Lewis
7. Kimmorley
8. Galloway
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Snowden
15. Douglas
16. Waterhouse
17. Carney

Joker's Wild

Coach
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Lyon (C)
4. Jennings
5. Lawrence
6. Lewis
7. Kimmorley
8. Galloway
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Snowden
15. Douglas
16. Waterhouse
17. Carney

No no no no no no no no no no no no no

Playing Lewis out of his best position would be idiotic

We'd be better off with a younger 5/8 in Sutton, Campese or Carney (a 5/8 playing FB) than moving NSW best lock to the halves

Sleep

Juniors
With injuries and guys out of form it's near impossible to pick the NSW side at the moment.

I'd definitely have Hayne, Morris (Brett), Lyon, Carney, Weyman, Watmough, Creagh, O'Donnell, Lewis all in the side.

The rest will be filled in over the next few weeks. City/Country might be the decider for a few positions again.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
City v Country sides get named on Sunday. Anyone want to have a stab on what they may look like?