What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

timka4

Bench
Aside from being incumbents, what have Hayne and Gidley done this year to deserve it??
they havent done anything to deserve it, if anything coote and dugan have been better than them this year, but personally i see hayne playing well in origin at fullback. Im not a hayne wank fest either so dont worry, i just see him playing good

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
If Bird is picked at 5/8, I don't envy the poor halfback who has to play alongside him and shoulder all the kicking burden -- he'll have Queenslanders swarming all over him every 4th and 5th tackle.

This makes no sense at all. If Bird hasn't got a kicking game then that won't have an impact at all because we will most likely have:

1. Hayne

7. Kimmorley

9. Ennis/Farah

These players are all regular kickers for their clubs so how is our number 7 going to be swamped?

RABK

Referee
God how i miss the days where you just chucked 16 players around Johns and you had a damn good NSW side.

Munky

Coach
I hope the selector's show some sense and play Lewis as lock.

The bloke is becoming lethal within the oppositions 20m as the defense doesn't know whether to let him run or move in for the tackle. If they don't defend perfectly it is a try.

Those games at half back a few years ago changed his game.

The Gambler

Juniors
Seems Jennings has ruled himself out of Origin.

The favourites for the centre positions would have to Lyon, Tahu, Lawrence and Cooper. I would not pick Cooper, but you just know he is always in consideration.

timka4

Bench
i never thought jennings is that good in centre, defensively he doesnt seem as strong as the likes of cooper, and tahu, i think coopers attack this year has been his best in a couple of years

The Gambler

Juniors
i never thought jennings is that good in centre, defensively he doesnt seem as strong as the likes of cooper, and tahu, i think coopers attack this year has been his best in a couple of years
Your right, his defence is not as good. However when in form his attack is far superior to those mentioned. You just have to weigh up what you are looking for.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Your right, his defence is not as good. However when in form his attack is far superior to those mentioned. You just have to weigh up what you are looking for.

I think most would rather good attack and brilliant defence (Cooper), compared to brilliant attack and NO defence (Jennings).

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I think most would rather good attack and brilliant defence (Cooper), compared to brilliant attack and NO defence (Jennings).

You go on as if Jennings can't tackle at all, that's simply not true.

Matt Cooper - never understood why this guy always walked into rep teams. He's never stood out at Origin level.

abpanther

Staff member

WTF are you people on about, do you even watch the games?

His defense isn't as good as Cooper's but he has been pretty good defensively this season, he is far better defensively than people give him credit for.

His knee surgery should only keep him out for a week or 2 so he may not be completely ruled out

The Gambler

Juniors
WTF are you people on about, do you even watch the games?

His defense isn't as good as Cooper's but he has been pretty good defensively this season, he is far better defensively than people give him credit for.

His knee surgery should only keep him out for a week or 2 so he may not be completely ruled out
With so many options at centre I can't see Jennings being picked after getting knee surgery - regardless of how minor it is.

RedVfaithful

Juniors
4-Cooper
5-Brett Morris

They are unstoppable togehter. and cooper has never let nsw down he always steps up at origin level and is also playing very well. nsw would be stupid to put another centre in. Oh hang on

The Gambler

Juniors
I just don't think Matt Cooper provides any more than some of the younger guys these days. Chris Lawrence is just as solid in defence, and I would argue will score more tries for NSW than Cooper would.

timka4

Bench
i never said that jennings had no D, i just feel cooper would be a better pick for origin for nsw than jennings.

I think a lot of stuff cooper does goes unnoticed. He would work well with b morris on that left edge anyways. they are working well together at the dragons

Boganater

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Burt
3.Tahu
4.Jennings
5.B.Morris
6.Carney
7.Kimmorley
8.Weyman
9.Ennis
10.Galloway
11.Watmough
12.O'Donnell
13.Lewis
14.Bird
15.King
16.Gallen
17.Farah

Tommy Smith

Referee
Barring injuries i think we'll see:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Cooper
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Anthony Minichiello
6. Greg Bird
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Keith Galloway
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Lewis
13. Paul Gallen

14. Josh Perry
15. Brent Kite/Luke O'Donnell
16. Ben Creagh
17. Kurt Gidley

Which isn't far removed from the team id pick. The only changes id make would be to move Bird to lock, Carney into 5/8 and Lewis on the bench in place of Gidley.

Latest posts