What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

typicalfan

Coach
LOL @ Burt, he will be another Steve Turner guaranteed.

This is how I reckon it will look and what I want in brackets

1. Gidley (Hayne)
2. Morris
3. Tahu (Cooper or J Morris)
4. Lyon
5. Hayne (Tahu)
6. Bird
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Carney (Gidley)
15. Galloway
16. Laffranchi or O'Donnell
17. White (Snowden)

Someone

Bench
If Burt was picked, he would do just fine.

And Gidley will be in the starting, most likely fullback, his Australian selection confirms that, plus the fact Gidley is the face of NSW 2010 advertising.

Personally id rather either Hayne, Dugan, Minchello or even Danny Wicks at fullback but thats just me.

timka4

Bench
Can anyone confirm yet if J Morris will be back in time for S.O.O. or not, because if he was he would still be in my team, then cooper would be other centre with tahu on his wing, to me that couldn't get better those 4, but thats just me.

I think B and J Morris would thrive of playing together on the same side of the field with rep honours

chrisD

Coach
I think the selectors (Bellamy) don't rate any winger except Morris and were putting Jennings there in C&C as a trial with hopes of picking him for SOO there with Lyon and Cooper as there centers. With Coopers snub and Jennings decision to do the surgery after C&C I'm not sure what will happen. Perhaps they'll keep it Lyon and Cooper and play Tahu on the wing.

The Gambler

Juniors
I think the selectors (Bellamy) don't rate any winger except Morris and were putting Jennings there in C&C as a trial with hopes of picking him for SOO there with Lyon and Cooper as there centers. With Coopers snub and Jennings decision to do the surgery after C&C I'm not sure what will happen. Perhaps they'll keep it Lyon and Cooper and play Tahu on the wing.
I don't think Jennings was picked on the wing as a trial of him playing wing for Origin. By all reports he has fallen down the pecking order due to his less than spectacular form this season thus far.

Tahu on the wing? No thanks.

Buggee

Juniors
1.Jarryd Hayne
2.Brett Morris
3.Timana Tahu
4.Jamie Lyon
5.Anthony Minichiello/Nathan Merritt
6.Trent Barrett/Todd Carney
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Michael Weymen
9.Michael Ennis
10.Keith Galloway
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Ben Creagh
13.Paul Gallen(c)
Interchange:
14.Luke Lewis
15.Tom Learoyd-Lars
16.Willie Mason
17.Jason Ryles

chrisD

Coach
I don't think Jennings was picked on the wing as a trial of him playing wing for Origin. By all reports he has fallen down the pecking order due to his less than spectacular form this season thus far.

Tahu on the wing? No thanks.

His form is good and would benefit more than any other center from quality halves, but if there are reports there are reports, I haven't seen them though (not saying there arn't) and his knee will probably rule him out (2 weeks for a knee operation sounds like bullsh*t to me). But what would you have against Tahu on the wing? I mean people are throwing out names like Merritt and Burt... BURT.

petetheileet

First Grade
He is also terrible in big games and unreliable

ROFL at n00bs knowing nothing...

Take a look at the 3 years we got pumped while he was in the team...he was our best, most consistent player...

he fires up, never makes an error/bad read, still has plenty of pace, uses his winger now more than he ever has. and i think he and morris have best best try scoring strike rate of any centre/wing combination in recent years, the only other better one would be Boyd/Inglis.

Filling our Blues team with blokes like Lewis and Cooper are our only chance.

they have a rare comodity amongst NSW player at the moment

they have heart, talent, consistency and experience!!!

anyone who picks any combo other than Cooper/Morris on that left edge hasn't been watching footy over the last 18 months!!

The Gambler

Juniors
His form is good and would benefit more than any other center from quality halves, but if there are reports there are reports, I haven't seen them though (not saying there arn't) and his knee will probably rule him out (2 weeks for a knee operation sounds like bullsh*t to me). But what would you have against Tahu on the wing? I mean people are throwing out names like Merritt and Burt... BURT.
When he decided to have the surgery he was quoted as saying he was disappointed that he was shifted to the wing behiind the likes of Lawrence and Champion and took it as an indication he had fallen behind. His form may be 'good' but it certainly has not been up to the standard he showed last year. I think it is fair enough Lawrence and Champion are ahead of him.

As for Tahu...I would definitely have Burt on the wing ahead of Tahu. Burt has been in amazing form in my opinion and would not look out of place in a Blue jumper. Tahu has really only started to find some form the last couple of weeks...barely enough to warrant a NSW jumper.

patzz_

Juniors
You're kidding yourself if you think Cooper is terrible in Origin. Everytime he throws on the blues jersey he is near one of our best players!!

If the selectors know how to pick the team, we should win, like we should have won every other year. They need to stop picking nothing players like woffman, turner, kite etc. Even lyon struggled up against inglis. I hope they pick the right team this year...

timka4

Bench
You're kidding yourself if you think Cooper is terrible in Origin. Everytime he throws on the blues jersey he is near one of our best players!!

If the selectors know how to pick the team, we should win, like we should have won every other year. They need to stop picking nothing players like woffman, turner, kite etc. Even lyon struggled up against inglis. I hope they pick the right team this year...

totally agree, if we didnt have these so called superstar players like qld, then we would have been white washed every year for the past 4 years. We do have the players easily to match them, its just they are not always picked and are over looked, we Need Heart, Skill, Experience, all three, not just a player with skill

chrisD

Coach
When he decided to have the surgery he was quoted as saying he was disappointed that he was shifted to the wing behiind the likes of Lawrence and Champion and took it as an indication he had fallen behind. His form may be 'good' but it certainly has not been up to the standard he showed last year. I think it is fair enough Lawrence and Champion are ahead of him.

As for Tahu...I would definitely have Burt on the wing ahead of Tahu. Burt has been in amazing form in my opinion and would not look out of place in a Blue jumper. Tahu has really only started to find some form the last couple of weeks...barely enough to warrant a NSW jumper.

Lawrence in front of Jennings is a mistake, but champion in front of Jennings is a comedy. There's a class gulf between these players, as with Burt and Tahu, Burts best form struggles to match Tahu in first gear.

skeepe

Immortal
ROFL at n00bs knowing nothing...

Take a look at the 3 years we got pumped while he was in the team...he was our best, most consistent player...

he fires up, never makes an error/bad read, still has plenty of pace, uses his winger now more than he ever has. and i think he and morris have best best try scoring strike rate of any centre/wing combination in recent years, the only other better one would be Boyd/Inglis.

Filling our Blues team with blokes like Lewis and Cooper are our only chance.

they have a rare comodity amongst NSW player at the moment

they have heart, talent, consistency and experience!!!

anyone who picks any combo other than Cooper/Morris on that left edge hasn't been watching footy over the last 18 months!!

Looks like Cooper's disappearing act for Country will cost him any chance of a NSW jumper

Banish Cooper from NSW, say Country
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/banish-cooper-from-nsw/story-e6frexnr-1225862324426