What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Lawrence in front of Jennings is a mistake, but champion in front of Jennings is a comedy. There's a class gulf between these players, as with Burt and Tahu, Burts best form struggles to match Tahu in first gear.

Lawrence and Jennings are level pegging.

It depends on who'll be the 5/8th for NSW when it comes to selection.

If it's going to be Bird, Jennings should play since Bird will help Jennings in defence and since Bird isn't too creative, yet a good offloaders, Jennings will play off him well.

However, if we go with Carney at 5/8th, Lawrence could work well with Carney defensively, and since Carney is a better ball player, he could put Lawrence into some space.

Spot On

Coach
There's obviously plenty of competition for backline spots as proven by above posts but aren't we a bit short where it counts - up front!

timka4

Bench
i dont really think so, we are pretty much set for hooker position, our backrow has plenty of talent, including the backrow on the bench and i would say our front row arent to far behind qld's front row

Someone

Bench
Poeple who are calling Luke Burt sh*t obviously know f**k all. Either watch footy or dont post your stab in dark bullsh*t here.

Doga

Juniors
ROFL at n00bs knowing nothing...

Take a look at the 3 years we got pumped while he was in the team...he was our best, most consistent player...

he fires up, never makes an error/bad read, still has plenty of pace, uses his winger now more than he ever has. and i think he and morris have best best try scoring strike rate of any centre/wing combination in recent years, the only other better one would be Boyd/Inglis.

Filling our Blues team with blokes like Lewis and Cooper are our only chance.

they have a rare comodity amongst NSW player at the moment

they have heart, talent, consistency and experience!!!

anyone who picks any combo other than Cooper/Morris on that left edge hasn't been watching footy over the last 18 months!!

If you are refering to Cooper here then you just showed you're nothing but a troll.

I responded to a post that was talking about Farah initially.

Grail

Juniors
Poeple who are calling Luke Burt sh*t obviously know f**k all. Either watch footy or dont post your stab in dark bullsh*t here.

Burt is a talented player, who has the footy smarts of a half in an outside back. Thing is, he is and will always be considered too small and not a good 1 on 1 defender by the people making the decisions. I was surprised that he got picked for Country, not because he didn't deserve it, but because he's deserved it for so long and constantly been overlooked. There would have to be a lot of injuries before Burt ever wore the Sky Blue.

Doga

Juniors
Burt is a talented player, who has the footy smarts of a half in an outside back. Thing is, he is and will always be considered too small and not a good 1 on 1 defender by the people making the decisions. I was surprised that he got picked for Country, not because he didn't deserve it, but because he's deserved it for so long and constantly been overlooked. There would have to be a lot of injuries before Burt ever wore the Sky Blue.

Same excuse that was used for Hazem El Masri. No surprise that he was MOTM in his only Origin appearance. Burt would not let anyone down in Origin.

Grail

Juniors
Same excuse that was used for Hazem El Masri. No surprise that he was MOTM in his only Origin appearance. Burt would not let anyone down in Origin.

I agree.
I also am not a selector for NSW.
NSW selectors tend to believe that only players who are behemoths are worthy of wearing the Sky Blue.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Lawrence and Jennings are level pegging.

It depends on who'll be the 5/8th for NSW when it comes to selection.

If it's going to be Bird, Jennings should play since Bird will help Jennings in defence and since Bird isn't too creative, yet a good offloaders, Jennings will play off him well.

However, if we go with Carney at 5/8th, Lawrence could work well with Carney defensively, and since Carney is a better ball player, he could put Lawrence into some space.

Not that im leaning one way or the other, but dont you think Carney could potentially put the quicker, more agile Jennings into some gaps and his skill set is better equiped to take advantage?

Big Pete

Referee

Wrong.

El Masri also had the luxury of playing an injury ravaged QLD backline that had to be set up on the fly.

Spot On

Coach
i dont really think so, we are pretty much set for hooker position, our backrow has plenty of talent, including the backrow on the bench and i would say our front row arent to far behind qld's front row

I was referring specifically to the front row rotation Timka. The backrow has always been supposedly very strong. You may well be right - we might not be far behind their pack as Price is out - but I need to see it before I can believe it.

TigersFan101

Juniors
1. Gidley (c)
2. Hayne
3. Laurence
4. Lyon
5. Morris
6. Bird
7. Noddy
8. Perry
9. Farah
10. Wayman
11. Lewis
12. Creigh
13. Watmough

14. Gallaway
15. Waterhouse
16. Gallen
17. Carney

natheel

Coach
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jamaal Idris
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Greg Bird
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Brett White
9. Mick Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Luke Lewis
14. Todd Carney
15. Luke Bailey
16. Paul Gallen
17. Keith Galloway

Freddo

Juniors
Kurt Gidley
Josh Morris
Chris Lawrence
Jamie Lyon
Jarryd Hayne
Todd Carney
Brett Kimmorley
Brett White
Michael Ennis
Michael Weyman
Paul Gallen
Glen Stewart
Greg Bird

Anthony Laffranchi
Tom Learoyd Lahrs
Luke Lewis
Luke Bailey

Lambretta

First Grade
NSW are having their selection conundrums sorted out by injuries arent they?

Beau Scott, Jennings, Josh Morris all out

Lyon and Cooper have to be the favourites for Centre positions in the eyes of the selectors now. I'm not saying that's who I'd go with, but the Cooper / Morris left side attack plus Coopers famed defence means that combination will probably get the nod.

Right side Lyon is favoured and the wing spot depends on who they want as full back. If they decide that Gidley has to be in the side because he's captain and a special player blah blah blah (oh why did Stewart get injured?) then Hayne goes to the other wing and Lawrence misses out.

If Hayne goes to fullback and Gidley gets the "ulitity" spot, which is my guess, then Lawrence could be the player they pick on the wing unless they want Tahu for his size and aggression in defence. But he is left sided, so that might count him out.