What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

adamkungl

Immortal
White? fmd.
I can see exactly how Origin will go this year. Surprise, its exactly the same as last year.
We'll put up a good fight in game 1, but lose anyway.
Get belted in Game 2 when QLD hit their straps.
And in game 3 when nobody gives a f**k anymore they'll finally pick a decent team and win convincingly.

typicalfan

Coach
If he was picked for his goalkicking then he has a good shot at being picked for NSW as well...considering NSW have no goalkicker
NSW have Lyon and Gidley and maybe even Carney. Country has Carney but on the bench, but apart from that not one front line kicker apart from Burt.

stormbati

Bench
I think certainties are Hayne and Lyon. I say pick Bird at five eight because Lyon can play abit there too.
Another i would really like to see picked is Tahu, I love his aggression. Up against Hodges or Tonga I think he'll do a great job and wont back down.
Maybe Gidley could be picked at fullback because Qlds kicking game will find Hayne out, at least that way he can be a second or third five eight if you like.

Dazzat

First Grade
Surely Hornby is the best option if Kimmorley and Pearce are out.

Gidley? There's a time when desperation morphs into the ridiculous ... if Gidley is picked at half you've arrived there.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Media keeps saying things like "Gidley has been in good form since coming back..."

Do they actually watch footy?

The Knights have played the 3 worst teams in the comp (Sharks/Broncos/Cowboys) and in that they lost to Sharks, the Cows they won but Gidley was probably the worst in the Knights team and against the Broncos, both teams were terrible.

He is not exactly starring against your Storm/Drags/Manly teams.

To be honest, Gids probably isnt the best 1,6 or 7 in the Knights team. He would be behind McDonnel, Dureau and Mullen.

timka4

Bench
Errr.... Gidley is definitely better than McDonnell.

haha yeh gidley is over-rated, but he isnt sh*t. If but seriously why would they look at him being 7.. come on he is either full back or not in the side.

Im fearing this year again the selectors could royally f**k this up again

league

Juniors
The only certainties should be Hayne, B Morris, Lyon, Weyman, Creagh, Watmough.

Gidley needs to be kept as far away as possible from the lineup, not even as a utility bench player. But we all know he will be named at fullback :eek:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Media keeps saying things like "Gidley has been in good form since coming back..."

Do they actually watch footy?

The Knights have played the 3 worst teams in the comp (Sharks/Broncos/Cowboys) and in that they lost to Sharks, the Cows they won but Gidley was probably the worst in the Knights team and against the Broncos, both teams were terrible.

He is not exactly starring against your Storm/Drags/Manly teams.

To be honest, Gids probably isnt the best 1,6 or 7 in the Knights team. He would be behind McDonnel, Dureau and Mullen.

Well you just proved that you don't

evil_p091280

Juniors
Ok, maybe I exagerated with the mcdonnell call...

He would not be better half than those two.

The guy is versatile, but not a superstar in any position.

I'm honestly not trying to be biased, but Dugan HAS to be fullback after tonight's performance.

He is in much, much, much, much, much better form that Hayne and Gidley it's not funny.

1. Dugan
2. Hayne

14. Gidley

Someone

Bench
On tonights performance, Dugan should be there. Somewhere.

However i think Hayne is wasted on the wing.

Funny thing is, despite all this, Gidley will be fullback...

PB

Bench
I can not believe Bellamy is considering Lyon for 5/8! Hopefully after tonights inept performance he will reconsider

Lyon touched the ball four times (excluding a handful of dummy half passes. Once he ran it and dived to the ground just as he was getting tackled (as usual) once he passed way before the line and the other two times he huridley threw the ball on the boot before he could get tackled (and both times the defence was going sideways.

He has never played well in Origin - and there is no reason to think that will change

chrisD

Coach
Dugan should get the up in the air wing spot and that should sort out the backs but they're going to throw Gidley in there and f**k things up. Australian back rowers, House and Creagh fight it out for the bench, no room for Mason and Southern. Weyman and unfortunately Perry will be starters with White and Snowden off the bench. Kimmorely 7 and I got no idea who will be no.6 after Birds performance. I think they were always going to go with Ennis over Farah.

EelDredd

Juniors
I'm honestly not trying to be biased, but Dugan HAS to be fullback after tonight's performance.

He is in much, much, much, much, much better form that Hayne and Gidley it's not funny.

1. Dugan
2. Hayne

14. Gidley

form isn't everything.. how about experience?

Have a look at the QLD side just because slater plays bad doesn't mean they kick him out of the team. They pick a team and stick by it and look where it has got them. NSW need to stop changing every year.

Last edited: