What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

gronkathon

First Grade
Hayne is, positionally, one of the worst fullbacks in the game.

On his form in the test match he would not even make my team on the wing.

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Burt

6. Carney
7. Farah (Kimmorley will be picked)

8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Mason
11. Waterhouse
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. Galloway
16. Tom L.L
17. White

I am not a fan of Burt normally but he is a good option for the right wing. Good defensively, smart positional play and a great goal kicker.

No room for Lyon as Inglis makes him look ordinary every time they have matched up on a rep game roster.

Mason at prop because his form warrants it and a experienced head in the pack is what is needed.

Waterhouse over Creagh because I think Waterhouse is better suited to Origin. Runs similar lines and has more prescence.

Bird as my utility because he is a true utility and can play hooker, 5/8 backrow and centre if needed. Rather have a utility that can be used as a forward rather than having a forced rest for the hooker.

Farah at half won't happen but I see real advantage as he basically plays a bit of half even when hooker for the Tigers. A one two punch of he and Ennis could be very effective and a left foot kicker. His distributiuon to Carney would also be key.

Don't rate Perry at all and I was loathed to pick White but I was just not confident enough in Snowden as an impact player

typicalfan

Coach
one of the dumber things i've ever read on this site, and considering the sh*te that gets spewed here every day...

All of the above > Creagh and LOD
I agree, people seem to miss the contest. Trent Waterhouse clearly outplayed Creagh Waterhouse funnily enough will be fighting for his spot against Luke Lewis who had a decent game for Australia in his right side spot.

Perry
Ennis
Weyman
Lewis
Watmough
Gallen

with

Young
Mason
White
Galloway or TLL is probably favourite.

Gee Farah irritates me as well, he is by far and away more naturally talented than Ennis but he is always trying to thread the needle when it isn't required, Ennis alongside Kimmorley can just take the focus off his halfback enough and he does seem to make the right decision at the right time more than Farah.

I thought the combo of Ennis and Kimmorley was the difference overall, they knew how to grab momentum back during the game and keep it. I want them leading NSW around the park with Carney floating around at 6.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Pick Dean Young FFS.

If they pick this bloke, I'll dead set give up. He did absolutely f**k all last night but Fittler and Taylor still blew their load over him.

I think Ennis deserves first crack at the #9 as he is the incumbent, but they could do worse than having Farah on the bench. He would certainly be more effective than Gidley.

Snowden has potential, but too many mistakes in him at this stage IMO. Josh Perry is also another ridiculous selection.

saint-colesy

Juniors
He scored two tries, made 20 odd tackles and made around 7-8meters every hit up.

All in 48 minutes.

You're an idiot.

typicalfan

Coach
Country had no momentum at all until Mason and Learoyd Lars came on. Waterhouse and Minichiello outplayed Creagh and Stewart easily, O'Donnell was sensational as well, he had made well over 100m and missed out on a quarter of the game with injury.

I would like both Mason and Learoyd Lars on the bench for origin. Young as well. Young is very tough and gritty but he can play a few positions perfect for off the bench in a bit of a utility role.

I don't like Perry but he will be chosen, he White and Weyman you could lock in already barring injury.

Young did well two tries ain't f**k all.

magpie_man

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. B. Morris
6. Carney
7. Kimmorley
8. White
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Waterhouse
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Weyman
15. Snowden
16. Lewis
17. Gidley

leo9999

Juniors
im not a dragons fan. but there the most consistant team in the comp, and its funny to see hardly anyone picking more then 2 dragon players in there sides. Soward should be there as five eight

Tom155

Coach
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Gallen
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Snowden
15. Galloway
16. Bird
17. Carney

Y2Eel

First Grade
If they pick this bloke, I'll dead set give up. He did absolutely f**k all last night but Fittler and Taylor still blew their load over him.

I think Ennis deserves first crack at the #9 as he is the incumbent, but they could do worse than having Farah on the bench. He would certainly be more effective than Gidley.

Snowden has potential, but too many mistakes in him at this stage IMO. Josh Perry is also another ridiculous selection.

He somehow also got the 3 points form the live updater on here.....

Vic Mackey

Referee
He scored two tries, made 20 odd tackles and made around 7-8meters every hit up.

All in 48 minutes.

You're an idiot.

dean young is a spastic, he is close to the worst player in the nrl, no joke.

if his name was dean davis he would currently be playing off the bench for the dapto canaries still

he scored one try off a grubber when the fullback had just made the tackle and another when the game was well and truely over. he is an average defender and offers absolutely nothing in attack

the bloke is like a geniused version of alan tongue

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Morris
6. Carney
7. Kimmorely (c)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis