What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Sleep

Juniors
Four of the back five positions are locked down.

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
5. Morris

I can't see this not getting picked. I'd imagine if Jennings comes out of surgery and passes a medical he'll probably get the other centre spot.

Not necessarily the side I would of picked but to me that's the way it's going to go. Gidley will be in the side and start. Lyon and Morris are playing exceptionally well. Hayne has to be there after he carried the team through games one and two last year.

Josh Morris is injured and hasn't been in good form. Jennings has been there before and I think that'll get him the nod over the other guys.

The Gambler

Juniors
I just can't see Gallen getting dropped.

Frosty I don't think the team is named until after the upcoming round. Straight after Monday night footy if memory serves me correctly?

Sleep

Juniors
It was either half time or full time Monday night last year. I'd expect this year to be no different.

Though last year one station announced the team on the news prematurely and pissed a few people off. I can't remember how they got their hands on the team.

timka4

Bench
I just can't see Gallen getting dropped.

Frosty I don't think the team is named until after the upcoming round. Straight after Monday night footy if memory serves me correctly?

yeh last year it was during half time of monday night footy, week before origin

adamkungl

Immortal
I hope for Pearce's sake he isn't back in time.
With a front row of Perry and White he'll be on the back foot all night.
Throw him in game 3 when QLD have already won, they don't give a sh*t anymore and he can look like a hero.

Sleep

Juniors
Weyman will be starting if he's healthy. Perry probably with him and White on the bench.

The NSW selectors are useless. This isn't a surprise to anyone. They can take a lot of credit for QLD dominating the last few years after picking some serious scrubs.

adamkungl

Immortal
At least this year we SHOULD have Morris and Hayne on the wings.

I still have nightmares about Inglis carving up McManus all night in game 1...

petetheileet

First Grade
The team i would pick:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Cooper/Morris
4. Lyon
5. Hayne
6. Carney**
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Creagh
13. Gallen
14. Watmough
15. White
16. TLL
17. Waterhouse

pick the 6 out of a hat, no one has stood up consistantly!!!

abpanther

Staff member
The thing with Gallen is, sure he gets through a mountain of work and always leads the hitups and metres gained, but is hitups don't really carry a huge amount of impact, he doesn't really possess much x factor as a backrower (offloads, line breaks, etc), and he is always good for giving away at least one or two crucial penalties at key moments of the game. If anything he makes too many hitups to the detriment of the backline, I have no problem with him being omitted, I still don't understand how he starts at lock ahead of Lewis.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He is prefered in the middle third, with Lewis being wider.

Gallen has a great offload, but quite often as he is in the middle third is instructed to keep it in the kitbag.

perverse

Referee
X2

Funny hearing Gidley talk about his side's poor defence during yesterday's post match press conference....made some of the weakest efforts from a fullback I've ever seen.
after making 38 tackles (0 missed) in 52 minutes for australia less than 48 hours earlier.

The Gambler

Juniors
Gallen needs to be in the side IMO. Will play a strong 80 minutes if required, make a million tackles and take a million hit-ups. Having someone to do the dirty work for the big forwards when they need a breather is imperative in Origin. Luke Lewis can't provide that, Gallen can - besides the last thing NSW needs is another player who is going to want to chime into the backline. Already got four or five or those players in the team. Don't mind Lewis from the bench though.

Yosh

Coach
I think Gallen's a much of a grub as the next guy in here but as a player he is fantastic. Nothing fancy just hit ups, tackles and definately isn't scared to take it to the QLDers unliker Creagh. I think it would hurt not to have him in the side but that's just me.

Latest posts