What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

adamkungl

Immortal
The Australian players might as well be incumbents, with the other positions selected from the CvC form:

1. Dugan (best fullback in CvC)
2. Hayne (Aus)
3. Idris/Tahu
4. Lyon (Aus)
5. Morris (Aus)
6. Bird/Carney
7. Kimmorley
8. Perry (Aus)
9. Ennis/Farah
10. Weyman (Aus)
11. Lewis (Aus)
12. Waterhouse/Stewart/Laffranchi/Creagh
13. Gallen (Aus)

14. Gidley (Aus)
15. Watmough (Aus)
16. Mason/Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Snowden/White

Decent side. I'm resigned to the fact that barring some act of god we're probably going to see Gidley/White/Perry in there.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Jame Lyon
4. Josh Morris (Micheal Jennings if Morrs not fit)
5. Jared Hayne
6. Terry Campese
7. Mitchell Pearce (Brett Kimmorley if Pearce not fit)
8. Mick Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Kade Snowden
11. Ben Creagh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Lewis

14. Trent Waterhouse
15. Tom Learoyd-Lars
16. Josh Perry
17. Todd Carney* (I know giddley will probably be starting fullback and if not, definitely on the bench, but i dont rate him and never will as SOO quality player)

hellteam

First Grade
Can't believe I forgot Shillo was a qlder. Changed him to Josh Perry :p

Inglis should be playing for NSW. His first game as a 16 year old was on the NSW North Coast (Kempsey) so he should be playing for us anyway :(

Really? Never heard that before, tell me more

Goldthorpe

Bench

This is how I see the selectors going [my selections]

01. GIDLEY, Kurt [c] [gk1] [DUGAN, Josh]
02. HAYNE, Jarryd
03. JENNINGS, Michael [COOPER, Matt]
04. LYON, Jamie
05. MORRIS, Brett
06. CARNEY, Todd
07. KIMMORLEY, Brett [PEARCE, Mitchell - If fit]
08. PERRY, Josh
09. ENNIS, Michael
10. WEYMAN, Michael
11. CREAGH, Ben [HINDMARSH, Nathan [c]]
12. WATERHOUSE, Trent [WATMOUGH, Anthony]
13. WATMOUGH, Anthony [BIRD, Greg]

14. LEWIS, Luke
15. LEAROYD-LAHRS, Tom [WATERHOUSE, Trent]
16. STEWART, Glenn [CREAGH, Ben]
17. WHITE, Brett

BDH

Juniors
I'm a QLDer, but this is what NSW should pick, esp. Hayne @ 1, Kimmorley and Cooper.

One thing NSW haven't
done well in recent years is learn from previous errors. You guys won game 3 last year, on the back of Kimmorley's kicking and Barrett's running at the line. Campese is, by far, the best running half in the game and will give QLD all sorts of grief. Top this off with the only real choice of tactical kicker you guys have; Kimmorley. IMO, if Pearce is picked he will once again be hunted down by our backrowers.

Hayne HAS to be selected at Fullback. We moved Slater for Hunt, We put GI on the wing.....play players in their best positions to get the best from them. then when you have to tweak to fit them all in, tweak the weaker players. Hayne is the #2 fullback in Australia.

We have GI running out wide, you need a no nonsense, good defensive center to stop him. Cooper is your only choice./story.

What I DON'T want to see selected;

1. Hayne
2. Tahu/Burt(Tahu has been there, albeit a few years ago & he still has pace to burn)
3. Cooper
4. Lyon
5. Morris (Brett, the one that CAN play)
6. Campese
7. Kimmorley
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Watmough

14. Luke Lewis
15. White
16. Minichello
Snowden/Learoyd-Lahrs

hellteam

First Grade
I'm a QLDer, but this is what NSW should pick, esp. Hayne @ 1, Kimmorley and Cooper.

One thing NSW haven't
done well in recent years is learn from previous errors. You guys won game 3 last year, on the back of Kimmorley's kicking and Barrett's running at the line. Campese is, by far, the best running half in the game and will give QLD all sorts of grief. Top this off with the only real choice of tactical kicker you guys have; Kimmorley. IMO, if Pearce is picked he will once again be hunted down by our backrowers.

Hayne HAS to be selected at Fullback. We moved Slater for Hunt, We put GI on the wing.....play players in their best positions to get the best from them. then when you have to tweak to fit them all in, tweak the weaker players. Hayne is the #2 fullback in Australia.

We have GI running out wide, you need a no nonsense, good defensive center to stop him. Cooper is your only choice./story.

1. Hayne
2. Tahu/Burt(Tahu has been there, albeit a few years ago & he still has pace to burn)
3. Cooper4. Lyon
6. Campese
7. Kimmorley
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Watmough

14. Luke Lewis
15. White
16. Minichello
Snowden/Learoyd-Lahrs

If NSW don't pick Cooper, they are geniused. He would be able to stop Inglis. only thing is they both play on the left side which means they wouldn't be marking each other....So I guess they'll have to trust Lyon.

abpanther

Staff member
Bird has been terrible in his past couple of games, deadset I reckon he is struggling to even get picked in the backrow at the moment

isaiah

Bench

One thing NSW haven't

1. Hayne
3. Cooper
4. Lyon
6. Campese
7. Kimmorley
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Watmough

14. Luke Lewis
15. White
16. Minichello
Snowden/Learoyd-Lahrs

i think its funny that with 200 odd NRL players to choose from, they have a very narrow choice of the type of player required to give us any trouble. for me, gallen, perry, and watmough are not any danger to us. i'm frightened if they can get hayne to play like he did for 10-12 weeks late last season for parra, creagh and waterhouse running wide, weyman, snowden, and TLL matching petero and matt scott up front.
like always, the selectors will get it wrong and we will win 5 straight series, woohoo!

Lambretta

First Grade
There is an article in the SMH that is strongly tipping the Dragons trio on the left side of the field

Their mail is that the Origin side is shaping this way

1. Gidley
2. Morris B
3. Cooper
4. Lyon / Jennings / Tahu
5. Hayne
6. Bird / Lyon
7. Kimmorley
8. did not mention
9. did not mention
10. did not mention
11. Watmough
12. Waterhouse
13. Creagh

14. Lewis
15. did not mention
16. did not mention
17. did not mention

It did talk about Bird moving to the bench if Lyon is picked as five eighth, but basically they believe the NSW are trying to choose between those two at five eighth. If Lyon moves to five eighth, then Bird becomes reserve back rower and Gallen misses out completely. With a vacancy in the right centre position Jennings or Tahu would fill it.

I think this team line up is the way the NSW selectors will be going and I am seriously thinking about moving to the Gold Coast and buying a f**king Maroon jersey.

I like, nay I even love, the idea of the Dragons trio down the left side. In previous years I've been critical of Cooper, but he has a formidable combination with young Dragon mong and that stuff is vital at Origin time. Who needs to learn combinations when you've been playing them all year? Sometimes the best player needs to make way for a more suitable player. Some of the greatest teams in history were filled with blokes that were good at doing one thing, but that was their job.

Having said that, if Kurt Gidley is the best fullback or even the most suitable that NSW have, then I'm a supermodel. Plius if Greg Bird is a Five Eighth, then I have never bothered watching a game of rugby league. I dont care if he's "suited" to Origin. That justs someones way of saying he occasionally puts on big hits. Big f**king deal. Being a five eighth usually requires being able to pass both ways and have a kicking game. Bird can hit the line and offload, but then thats the job of a back rower.

One things for certain. If we go into Origin 1 with Brett Kimmorley as the only kicking option player, then Queensland will nullify him and it will be game over. Hand them their 5th straight series and get back to the NRL season. Origin is all about taking your opposition by surprise when it matters and breaking open what should be a very tight game. NSW will have the players to make it a close game, but they wont have the talent to win it unless Thurston, Inglis, Folau and Smith are all injured.

mongoose

Coach
There is an article in the SMH that is strongly tipping the Dragons trio on the left side of the field

Their mail is that the Origin side is shaping this way

1. Gidley
2. Morris B
3. Cooper
4. Lyon / Jennings / Tahu
5. Hayne
6. Bird / Lyon
7. Kimmorley
8. did not mention
9. did not mention
10. did not mention
11. Watmough
12. Waterhouse
13. Creagh

14. Lewis
15. did not mention
16. did not mention
17. did not mention

It did talk about Bird moving to the bench if Lyon is picked as five eighth, but basically they believe the NSW are trying to choose between those two at five eighth. If Lyon moves to five eighth, then Bird becomes reserve back rower and Gallen misses out completely. With a vacancy in the right centre position Jennings or Tahu would fill it.

I think this team line up is the way the NSW selectors will be going and I am seriously thinking about moving to the Gold Coast and buying a f**king Maroon jersey.

I like, nay I even love, the idea of the Dragons trio down the left side. In previous years I've been critical of Cooper, but he has a formidable combination with young Dragon mong and that stuff is vital at Origin time. Who needs to learn combinations when you've been playing them all year? Sometimes the best player needs to make way for a more suitable player. Some of the greatest teams in history were filled with blokes that were good at doing one thing, but that was their job.

Having said that, if Kurt Gidley is the best fullback or even the most suitable that NSW have, then I'm a supermodel. Plius if Greg Bird is a Five Eighth, then I have never bothered watching a game of rugby league. I dont care if he's "suited" to Origin. That justs someones way of saying he occasionally puts on big hits. Big f**king deal. Being a five eighth usually requires being able to pass both ways and have a kicking game. Bird can hit the line and offload, but then thats the job of a back rower.

One things for certain. If we go into Origin 1 with Brett Kimmorley as the only kicking option player, then Queensland will nullify him and it will be game over. Hand them their 5th straight series and get back to the NRL season. Origin is all about taking your opposition by surprise when it matters and breaking open what should be a very tight game. NSW will have the players to make it a close game, but they wont have the talent to win it unless Thurston, Inglis, Folau and Smith are all injured.

5 in a row coming up for QLD.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Ive had my say on the origin team a couple of times in this thread but this is my final team that I would pick.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Timana Tahu
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Brett White
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Luke Lewis

14. Josh Perry
15. Greg Bird
16. Paul Gallen
17. Todd Carney

timka4

Bench
thats very similar to my team, however i would take out bird and carney, and add presto (terrific form and would perform better than carney anyways, however i think presto will always be over looked). And add another prop to the bench

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Not a bad side Me So Hornby, but i think your bench is a bit small, and Kimmorely is f*cked. I'd go for..

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Timana Tahu
6. Trent Barrett
7. Todd Carney
8. Brett White
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Luke Lewis

14. Josh Perry
15. Kade Snowden
16. Paul Gallen
17. Preston Campbell

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Rothfield has spoken to Bellamy and the selectors and he thinks the team will be:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Matt Cooper
4. Timana Tahu/Jamal Idris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Ben Creagh
12. Trent Waterhouse