What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

watatank

Coach
Rothfield has spoken to Bellamy and the selectors and he thinks the team will be:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Matt Cooper
4. Timana Tahu/Jamal Idris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Ben Creagh
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Luke Lewis
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Brett White/Kade Snowden
17. Jamal Idris/Timana Tahu

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the team at all. Was this in an article...?

Why carry the extra back on the bench though? Seems like a waste of a position, even if Idris could play in the forwards or something.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There will be more in tomorrows Sunday Telegraph. Apparently they will go with Idris or Tahu on the bench.

Not saying this is my team by any means i am just relaying on to everyone here what was said by Rothfield on 2GB.

timka4

Bench
we did that last year with morris as well, put him on the bench... that was an awesome idea, not that he played sh*t or anything.... but what did it add?

abpanther

Staff member
f**k me if NSW choose Idris they're gonna score plenty of points down his side, it's amazing how much some players get hyped despite their glaring deficiencies

Lambretta

First Grade
f**k me if NSW choose Idris they're gonna score plenty of points down his side, it's amazing how much some players get hyped despite their glaring deficiencies

Not forgetting their complete inabilty to hold onto a ball.

How many times has Idris gone up for a high ball and missed it completely or knocked on and how many times has he dropped complete sitters of catches? I lost count after 80

Lambretta

First Grade
Rothfield has spoken to Bellamy and the selectors and he thinks the team will be:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Matt Cooper
4. Timana Tahu/Jamal Idris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Ben Creagh
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Luke Lewis
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Brett White/Kade Snowden
17. Jamal Idris/Timana Tahu

Yep, thats pretty much the side I expect to run out for NSW.

If Lyon was right centre, Brett Stewart was available as full back and Campese was the five eighth I reckon they'd be close to getting it right.

Gidley would be by 17th man instead of Idris / Tahu.
Pity Craig Wing went to Union as he would be a far better fast bench option and Kidley could stay home.

RABK

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Snowden
15. Mason
16. Perry
17. Creagh

RABK

Referee
O'Donnell pulled of some bone crushers vs the Warriors today. If he could do what he was doing in Origin 1 of 2006 before he broke his hand (Smashing every QLD forward) he wouldn't be a bad selection.

RABK

Referee
Jennings + Uate = score 3 between them and let in 4?

Not with Luke Lewis inside them, he'll direct them around. Uate's defence has improved out of sight and Jennings having bad defence is a myth, statistically Falou and Inglis are worse.

Jono078

Referee
Not really about their defense, but more so who they would be up against and have to contain.

I'm all for Uate and origin, although I think he'd need someone like Matt Cooper inside him, who is in great form himself.

Although Jennings and Uate would cause massive headaches for Qld, potentially.

RABK

Referee
Exactly why i'd pick them.

We've been so concerned with QLD's attacking prowess in the last few series by selecting big defensive backs and we've forgotten that apart from Hodges QLD aren't too flash defensively outwide. Inglis, Falou, Thurston, Tuqiri, Tonga and Lockyer are all very questionable defenders. Picks halves who can spread the ball wide fast and get it into Morris, Haynes, Uates and Jennings hands as much as possible and fight fire with a bit of our own.

Last edited: