What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Big Mick

Referee
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Jennings
3. Timana Tahu
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Paul Gallen
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Lewis

RES:
14. Kurt Gidley/Greg Bird/Todd Carney
15. Kade Snowden/Brett White
16. Tom Leoroyd-Lars/Willie Mason
17. Ben Creagh

Last edited:

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Gayne
Jennings(warming Gasnier's spot for game 2, then he can piss off)
Lyon
Cooper
Morris
Gidley
Kimmorley (hes rubbish but really there is no one else. sack him when pearce gets fit)
Weyman
Ennis
Perry
Lewis
Creagh
Gallen

Bird
Watmaugh
White (purely because he can fight)
Leeroy

Apart from Weyman and perry, we are really struggling for form props.

tony.

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tahu
6. Soward/Campese
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Waterhouse
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Gidley
15. White
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Creagh

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Exactly why i'd pick them.

We've been so concerned with QLD's attacking prowess in the last few series by selecting big defensive backs and we've forgotten that apart from Hodges QLD aren't too flash defensively outwide. Inglis, Falou, Thurston, Tuqiri, Tonga and Lockyer are all very questionable defenders. Picks halves who can spread the ball wide fast and get it into Morris, Haynes, Uates and Jennings hands as much as possible and fight fire with a bit of our own.

Interesting game plan. It is risky though, but thats what Origins about, creating and taking your chances.

Could you select a team based on this idea of picking speed and attack in the backs and quick hands in the halves. Remember, 2nd rowers are apart of most backline movemtents these days so they (IMO) can be considered as both backs and forwards.

Lambretta

First Grade
Jennings and Uate would have to be the fastest centre/winger combination of all time!

THe first time I saw that Uate I thought "sh*t, he's made for Origin". He's super fast, aggressive, strong and built like a f**king tank.

Unfortunately, he wont get selected for New South Wales because he suffers from a skin condition which I believe is called being black. Queensland would pick him in a heartbeat even though he's probably never been there and NSW will spend the next 10 years lamenting the one that got away.

Same with Jennings.

Actually, I am falling off my stool in amazement that they're considering Idris for NSW. He looks a bit darker than Jamie Lyon. Maybe the selectors are doing it as a ruse so when he drops his 8,000th ball of the season and misses three tackles in a row they can say "see, I told you these black fellahs are all the same.... all flash, no guts" etc etc etc.

Self fulfilling prophecies tend to fill themselves if you try hard enough to ensure they do.

Yosh

Coach
Okay... I'll summarise it for everyone in this thread.

Aku F**KING UATE!!!

We need him in the sqaud. NSW selectors you get the best legal team in the country on making Uate NSW elgiable because he is the best winger in the world hands down. Try of the season against the Roosters!

Danish

Referee
Granted he was only facing off against Jones and Graham tonight but Uate most definitely deserves a look in for a wing spot.

I have a hunch that Gidley will have played himself into the 5/8 position tonight (because, you know, the knights won so he must have had a great game :sarcasm:). The only thing that could stop it is the selectors wanting to pick Idris or Tahu in the centres and thus pushing Lyon into 5/8 and Gidley to fullback.

Either way, the NSW team selected will be about the 3rd or 4th best team NSW could put together at absolute best.

perverse

Referee
Granted he was only facing off against Jones and Graham tonight but Uate most definitely deserves a look in for a wing spot.

I have a hunch that Gidley will have played himself into the 5/8 position tonight (because, you know, the knights won so he must have had a great game :sarcasm:). The only thing that could stop it is the selectors wanting to pick Idris or Tahu in the centres and thus pushing Lyon into 5/8 and Gidley to fullback.

Either way, the NSW team selected will be about the 3rd or 4th best team NSW could put together at absolute best.
aside from his dreadful kicking game (which comes as no surprise to anyone who knows his game)... he did have a good game. :roll:

picking him in the halves will be a gaff if he's allowed to kick. if they were to pick a good kicker with him, and perhaps farah at hooker it could probably work. once again, though... gids is one of those players you have to design your team around, and hes not of a calibre that should warrent that sort of selecting at representative level.

he did have a great game tonight, though.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm actually hoping that Kurt Gidley is selected in the halves. Selectors want him in the team, so we're stuck with him. There are several choices at fullback that are much better then him, but in the halves they are looking at playing the likes of Lyon, Bird or Lewis out of position at it is. I think the team would be stronger overall if we just had Gidley as the bloke playing out of position, and had a stronger 1-5 as a result.

So a potential backline could be:

1. Dugan / Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Hayne / Uate
6. Gidley
7. Kimmorley

perverse

Referee
I'm actually hoping that Kurt Gidley is selected in the halves. Selectors want him in the team, so we're stuck with him. There are several choices at fullback that are much better then him, but in the halves they are looking at playing the likes of Lyon, Bird or Lewis out of position at it is. I think the team would be stronger overall if we just had Gidley as the bloke playing out of position, and had a stronger 1-5 as a result.
probably a fair call.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is quite disturbing that Kimmorley may well be the first choice half.

QLD 5-0

It truly is a sad day.

Danish

Referee
I dont see what he contributed besides a few poor kicks.

The knights right side attack is where you won the game. Uate was making Jones and graham look like a couple of 6 year olds.

By rights gidley should be in the 17 for NSW. He is not the best fullback, nor the best half, or best utility option. Unfortunately he will be in the 1 or 6 and captain

Danish

Referee
Absolutely.

The selectors are absolute geese, to the point that they have brainwashed most NSW fans into thinking that we dont have any half options.

We are all discussing who out of lewis, bird, lyon and gidley should be in the halves, while completely ignoring one of the form players of the comp in Preston Campbell.

We also see them looking likely to select Tahu or Idris in the centres, despite neither producing anything worth watching this season (bar Idris's 1 decent half of football against Tahu).

How do selectors get sacked though? Best I can tell they run the bloody NSWRL

Dutchy

Immortal
Some people are f**ked. Uate pledged his allegiance elsewhere. He doesn't want to play for NSW, he doesn't want to play for Australia.

Cletus

First Grade
Surely we can do better than Kimmorely/Gidley as the halves. I've got no idea who but that is about the worst combination imaginable.

evil_p091280

Juniors
My backline:-

patten
b Morris
Cooper
Lyon
uate (if eligible, if not then hayne)
soward
hornby

Drags bias I know but look at the ladder peoples.