What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
fair to say im biased, and fair to say he has consistency problems, but why doesnt john sutton even get a mention? i reckon out side a controlling number 7 like kimorley he would play great. and he hasn't factored so highly in try assists in the last couple of years for nothing.

biased once again:
champion has been great all year. 11 tries and has smashed gallen, lawrence, rogers and morris in defence. didnt expect him to get picked though. too many selectors favorites in front of him

merrit... he wil never get picked no matter how well he plays, so i will say no more

typicalfan

Coach
Merritt is the equivalent of Blacklock.

Champion is unlucky that he doesn't have dreads but I think Greg Inglis would eat him alive at origin level tbh.

Sutton falls into the same category as Barrett, Campese and Carney as yet another good running 5/8 that would have been perfect outside Noddy and Mennis. Lost opportunity as far as I am concerned in the 5/8 role.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why are you blokes whinging they didn't pick any of your players?

I am glad there aren't any Tigers players when they name a team like that. Better they aren't associated with that rabble.

Apey

Staff member
If Queensland do win again this year, then there's only one man that can resurrect the blues...
396a87cda65273f8

As long as he only coaches the team and has no hand in selections.. I imagine he was the driving force behind Idris.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
lyon and kimmorley are as about as creative as a 3am turd after 15 schooners

:lol::lol::lol:

Add Gidley and Ennis to that and you have a spine of players in the most important positions who couldn't create their way out of a wet paper bag.

I am dead set stunned as to the way everybody in the media seems to go on about defensive capabilities. QLD in these positions have Slater, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith. Aside from Smith, none of them are noted defenders, in fact Lockyer is one of the worst tacklers in the comp. Yet the QLD selectors understand that playmakers aren't in the team to f**king defend, they are picked to score points.

It's also amusing that they seem to have this fascination with defence, yet they pick Jamal Idris who could not read an attacking play if it was written down on a f**king piece of paper.

Moffo

Referee
when is the LAST TIME NSW HAVEN'T picked a player out of position?

f**king GRONKS

big willie did enough to make the team

Moffo

Referee
i have no problem with ennis being there...at least he has a go (same logic as idris)

farah isn't an origin player. just my view of course. great club player but i don't think he has it for origin

Godz Illa

Coach
creagh - useless player in origin. won't combine with any of the players
Yeah, not even his left-side clubmates Cooper and Morris, the trio that have 800 tries between them over the last 18 months. Not to mention the combo in defence.

Qld to score no tries on the right. NSW to score all theirs on the left

hybrid_tiger

Coach
i have no problem with ennis being there...at least he has a go (same logic as idris)

farah isn't an origin player. just my view of course. great club player but i don't think he has it for origin

I am not calling for Farah, he doesn't deserve it on form and Origin should be the last thing on his mind at the moment.

Just comparing our "spine" to QLD's and it is devoid of any creativity whatsoever.

Moffo

Referee
Yeah, not even his left-side clubmates Cooper and Morris, the trio that have 800 tries between them over the last 18 months. Not to mention the combo in defence.

oh bollocks, he feeds off hornby and soward. morris is a finisher and cooper is a ball hog. get off the pot

Apey

Staff member
Yeh, best leave it to the experts bozo, McCarthy and Daley

I figured it was a given that everyone knows these guys are muppets and don't need to mention it in every single post.

I wouldn't want Gus selecting our side either, ever. Coach them for sure. Select them? Please. He is part of the problem - the media.

hutch

First Grade
gidley should not be in the team, let alone captain.

tahu should NOT be in the team.

gallen should most definately be in the team, how the hell is he not there?

Parraren

Bench

Yeah I'm pretty comfortable with the Dragons trio over on the left.

I tought Creagh went well for us last year (bar the push and then run away like a girl effort) in Origin 2.

adamkungl

Immortal

800 tries in 18 months eh...not bad. fair enough, I can see why they were selected ;-)

Latest posts