What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

isaiah

Bench
It all started when we put Gasnier at five eight. Then we lost the plot.

The team can win if they use short passes through the middle of the field with Lyon, Tahu, Gidley and Hayne all playing infield. Have Cooper, Morris, Idris attack on the outside and its possible this team can win.

But I fear for the basics. Kicking game and organising the outside backs. We do have Kimmorley, Ennis and Gidley, all of whom can kick, but I dont think they can deliver everytime. When sh*t happens, where will they be? Theres no Craig Wing this time, theres no Joey, Ben Kennedy is gone. If NSW are to win, I can see Hayne, Lyon, Watmough and Tahu pulling it out of the fire for us. Only players in the team capable of pulling off big clutch plays.

NSW selectors = fail........epically.

in some trouble if you are depending on hayne, lyon, watmough, and tahu. lol

isaiah

Bench
If Queensland do win again this year, then there's only one man that can resurrect the blues...
396a87cda65273f8

yeah, bring him back. he has lost more origin games than any other blues coach, including 3 in 1995 that were impossible to lose.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I still do believe though no matter what team we picked, everyone would have been upset anyways. So everyone join together cross our fingers and just support our blues aye?

I agree with you and the Blues having my full support is a given, but still I can't help but not be a little disappointed with the team.

user_nat

Coach
Watmough owned Queensland last year when he was picked Isiah, so stop trolling and looking for a bite.

He owned Queensland whilst running at cutie, who was playing in the forwards for some reason.

Seriously, watch highlights from game 3 last year, every run he makes has Hunt hanging off him.

Meth

Staff member
If you are going to pick a player as young as Idris, why not pick Dugan instead?

Especially with Gidley, a utility, at fullback- picking Dugan in this case would be like picking a utility on the bench. Picking Idris is just picking a centre- it makes no sense at all.

Slackboy72

Coach
Yeah look if you go through the squad and look who's in and who's out you can't say they picked the best squad. Of the following only the ones in BOLD would I keep:
FB Kurt Gidley (c),
W Brett Morris, Jarryd Hayne,
C Matt Cooper, Timana Tahu,
5/8 Jamie Lyon,
HB Brett Kimmorley,
P Michael Weyman, Josh Perry,
H Michael Ennis,
SR Trent Waterhouse, Ben Creagh,
L Anthony Watmough.
Int Jamal Idris, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Luke Lewis, Brett White.

That's 9 out of 8. The non-inclusion of Josh Dugan is a baffling one. Idris is a blot of comedic proportions. So many have not played well enough to earn their retention or re-inclusion either.

Sleep

Juniors
The difference between QLD and NSW is that even with Tuqiri's form being good this year and the media all over his nuts, they will show loyalty and select Tonga.

NSW will get pumped first game and watch them overhaul the team again. I've got no doubt Fitzhenry will be brought in at 5/8, Willie Mason at half and Jamal Idris fullback and Captain.

It's just embarassing.

I don't think anyone wants NSW to lose. I certainly don't. It's just the fact it's a much better chance with the useless people selecting the team.

A month out from the start of the season and we have no recent form to go by....so who are your picks to topple QLD?

Here's mine, with added Roosters bias :sarcasm:

1 Hayne
2 Stewart
3 Cooper
4 Lawrence
5 Minichiello
6 Carney
7 Pearce
8 Bailey (c)
9 Ennis
10 Weyman
11 Watmough
12 Creagh
13 Bird

14 Lewis
15 Gallen
16 Poore
17 Douglas

I didn't think anyone could do a worse job then the NSW selectors, but ladies and gentlemen here we have it.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is what s**ts me with NSW selectors. Pick the best 17 who cares if they may be poor defenders. Morris and Jennings handle defence ok for their clubs and actually score tries.

I could of handled Lyon at 5/8 if it was to play attacking centres and if he wanted to but no he doesn't so why play him their.

And a centre on the bench yeah Gidley will play hooker but then you move Hayne and Tahu to put the fat thing in and he has poor lateral m ovement anyway.

As for Dugan/Coote as with Morris/Jennings he plays against the same players each week and suddenly can't handle it WTF!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
I will enjoy listening to Laurie Daley talk up this mess of a team and then tear it down on May 27th with his BS excuses.
Daley - great player - useless commentator, and even more usless selector and PR spokesman

Pierced Soul

First Grade
1 prop on the bench ?
they'll push waterhouse into the front row

looks like they're trying to use a more mobile backrow to make up for what will no doubt be a big size difference up front

and i'd be interested to see whetehr idris is used in the backrow to take some hit ups up the middle of the ruck against tiring defenses. he wont be hard to contain -just look for the guy looking to run back inside all the time

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the inclusion of tahu over jennings and morris reminds me of the same stupid selection which saw ainscough picked over blacklock