What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW state of origin team 2010

gtomad

Juniors
My NSW state of origin team for 2010

1. Jarryd hayne/kurt gidley
2. Anthony quinn/jarryd hayne
3. Michael jennings
4. Josh morris
5. Brett morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchel Pearce
8. Keith galloway
9. Robbie farah
10. Michael weyman
11. Anthony watmough
12. Ben creagh
13. Paul gallen

Bench

Matt prior
Alan tongue
Brett white
Luke o'donnell

what do you guys think?

_Johnsy

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Morris
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Scott
15. Tolman
16. Lewis
17. O'Donnell

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
1.hayne
2.b.morris
3.j morris
4.Jennings
5.Tahu
6.Soward
7.Pearce
8.Galloway
9.Ennis
10.Weyman
11.Watmough
12.Creagh
13.Hindmarsh[c]

14.Carney
15.Snowden
16.Douglas
17.Lewis

Dragons23

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Lawrence
5. Champion (this guys on fire, him and Morris on each wing could be deadly)
6. Bird (this guy has potential to be our very own wally lewis, his a big game player)
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farrah (has been playing extremly well for the tigers)
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Ennis/Carney (both would add that spark from dummy half and if Farrah is playing sh*thouse they can use them
15. Lee Roy Lars (is really finding his feet back from injury)
16. Lewis
17. Dan Hunt (i know i'm a saints supporter but seriously this guy is magic he runs hard tackles hard has good offloading skills and is extremly quick on his feet for a big guy)

I would love soward to be out there but he honestly is not showing that form from last yr but that is a great plus for us,
We are winning games without his brilliance but every now and then u see him step and weave and its like his bidding his time until he needs to explode. i luv this guy

Come on you Blues lets bring home that shield

Steel Dragon

Bench
I bloke I used to work with said something to me about origin that has made more sense to me than anyone else's opinion about league. He is a QLDer and he said, "QLD will always dominate because they pick players who are passionate about playing for QLD."

I think NSW always pick flash in the pan pretty boy types rather than blokes who may be a bit less flashy, but play on pure passion.
I'd like to see selectors trim the fat and pick blokes who would take pride in the blue jersey and step up. That being said, Nathan Hindmarsh and Alan Tongue would be walk up starts in my book. Benny Creagh wouldnt be far behind. They may not necessarily be in form right now, but it wouldnt matter, because they'd pull on the sky blue and step it up a notch.
You know these blokes would give their all and bust their arses for the full 80 without any thought of preservation. Thats how you win origins - by wanting it more.
No one can honestly say blokes like Jamie Lyon and Jarryd Hayne are that passionate about NSW. And to me bloke like Bird just go through the motions.

We really need to change the culture before we could change our win loss record

STG-Dragon

Juniors
1. J.Hayne
2. A.Minichiello
3. M.Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. B.Morris
6. T.Barrett (c)
7. B.Kimmorley
8. M.Weyman
9. M.Ennis
10. B.White
11. A.Watmough
12. B.Creagh
13. L.O'Donnell

14. T.Carney
15. T.Waterhouse
16. B.Cross
17. T.Learoyd-Lahrs

Dragons23

Juniors
I bloke I used to work with said something to me about origin that has made more sense to me than anyone else's opinion about league. He is a QLDer and he said, "QLD will always dominate because they pick players who are passionate about playing for QLD."

I think NSW always pick flash in the pan pretty boy types rather than blokes who may be a bit less flashy, but play on pure passion.
I'd like to see selectors trim the fat and pick blokes who would take pride in the blue jersey and step up. That being said, Nathan Hindmarsh and Alan Tongue would be walk up starts in my book. Benny Creagh wouldnt be far behind. They may not necessarily be in form right now, but it wouldnt matter, because they'd pull on the sky blue and step it up a notch.
You know these blokes would give their all and bust their arses for the full 80 without any thought of preservation. Thats how you win origins - by wanting it more.
No one can honestly say blokes like Jamie Lyon and Jarryd Hayne are that passionate about NSW. And to me bloke like Bird just go through the motions.

i agree with that but seriously if you watch that last origin were Bird played a few years back he had all that and some.

i agree with Allan tongue his a machine.

patzz_

Juniors
1. Dugan (still might be to young, but I can't stand the positional play of Hayne and he has done nothing all year)
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Scott
5. Hayne
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farrah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Carney
15. Lee Roy Lars
16. Lewis
17. Douglas

big pat

Coach

do you mean like little pretty boy hayne, what did that f**kwit do on the england tour, sfa, they even moved morris and he still outshone him, maybe if he htfu, and got rid of his poofie boots and his poofie goose step, he might be better off.

Godz Illa

Coach
My ultimate NSW team. Zero Dragons

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. Minichiello
6. Sutton
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Waterhouse
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. Paterson
16. Poore
17. Gallen

Doug2234

First Grade
going of Steels equation - picking a team of passionate NSW.

may not be the best but are pretty firey and give there all.

1. J. Dugan
2. W. McKinnon
3. A. MacDougall
4. B. Scott
5. B. Morris
6. G. Bird
7. ???
8. M. Weyman
9. A. Tongue
10. L. Stuart
11. N. Hindmarsh
12. B. Creagh
13. L. O'Donnell

14. P. Gallen
15. T.Waterhouse
16. D. Young
17. S. Simpson

going of Steels equation - picking a team of passionate NSW.

may not be the best but are pretty firey and give there all.

1. J. Dugan
2. W. McKinnon
3. A. MacDougall
4. B. Scott
5. B. Morris
6. G. Bird
7. ???
8. M. Weyman
9. A. Tongue
10. L. Stuart
11. N. Hindmarsh
12. B. Creagh
13. L. O'Donnell

14. P. Gallen
15. T.Waterhouse
16. D. Young
17. S. Simpson

You could easily put T.Carney in their at 7.

He may not be playing there for the Poosters, but as if he couldn't slip straight back in and still be better than Pearce and Wallace.

SAINTS!!!

Juniors
1.Hayne(origin might be the best thing to lift his form)
2.B Morris
3.Scott(mission=stop G.I.)
4.Jennings
5.Dugan(Oustanding and exciting prospesct)
6.Soward(Give him a go when others have not performed at that level)
7.Pearce
8.Weyman
9.Ennis(Is an origin type player, not farrah)
10.Galloway
11.Watmough(C)(Captain=Passionate and leads by example)
12.Creagh
13.Alan Tounge(hard and passionate,reward for effort)

14.Douglas(No non-sense prop)
15.Tolman(as above)
16.Paterson(dyanmic)
17.Carney(X-Factor)

Side picked on the basis of throw them in and give them a shot former players have poorly performed at. Found it hard to leave out players like Lewis,Prior,Hunt,Young and Leroyd-Lahs

mameimo

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Josh Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Beau Champion
5. Brett Morris
6. Greg Bird
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Robbie Farah
10.Michael Weyman
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Ben Creagh
13.Paul Gallen
14.Keith Galloway
15.Nathan Hindmarsh
16.Luke O'Donnell
17.Luke Lewis

st.phil

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Merrit
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Finch (c)
8. Galloway
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Douglas
15. Waterhouse
16. Lewis
17. Learoyd-Lahrs

if any of wallace, lyon, gallen, monaghan, quinn get picked - i'll scream loudly

Latest posts