What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Supporters do you want to see Johns at 7 in game 2?

Johns v Kimmorley for origin 2

• Kimmorley is great! Give him another go!

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Johns is the greatest player in the world, we need him. Pick him NOW!

Votes: 64 58.2%
  • Neither, choose someone else

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • I go for QLD. PICK KIMMORLEY PLEEEEEEASE! Please dont pick Johns...

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mut

Juniors
The mut does not know if you guys just saw the synopsis on the panel with Vautin, Sterling, Joey and Gus, but Fatty asked Johns if picked would he be ready for SOO 2, he said yes.

Gus juiced his jocks to that response from Joey, Gus said 'He's ready'.

There and then the mut found out who the SOO 2 halback would be, Andrew Johns.

Did anyone else see it?

Wooooo! Get some mut up ya!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Should Johns play?

depends on his form and fitness. So far he's been injured and is out form. The answer is NO.

Kimmorely had a bad night, but played better in the second half. (apart from the intercept, shocking pass that).

But what difference would it make dropping a halfback, my doubts are on the props, they werent that dangerous and again we go back to not having back up props.

stugutz

Juniors
True, the props have to go forward as well, they just didn't do it tonight. They need a fresh blooded prop, someone like Scandalas who week in week out gives 100%.. go the tiges..
As for the halfback a half fit Johns is better than a full fit Kimmorly anyday, and I can't stand either of them. Experiece alone will get Johns through the match.
I guess they call Kimmorly Nobby for a reason... he's a NOB.

Parrasque

Juniors
Hindmarsh ran to the line and popped it up for Minichello, he is a forward and showed Kimmorly what he should be doing.

Whats Doing

Bench
The changes I would make to SOO 2 is to bring in Johns and Clinton and omit Kimmorley (what a surprise) and Watmough. Johns is a given but we also need more go forward up front. I would also consder Anasta for Ryan.

Jono078

Referee
Johns is eager to get in the Blues jumper and lead them to victory, game 2 should see welcome changes, and I hope he is one of them.

Mut

Juniors
Watmough was superb along with Simpson from the bench. Was Ryan playing? The mut didnt notice? Wing was the best bench player though, was sublime in defence.

The mut would not bring in Clinton because he cannot move laterally in defence. The mut would drop Ryles to the bench but i dont think that there are many other options after that? Wish Nutley was a New South Welsman, he would get a gig next game!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Meanie said:
Boy funny how quickly people suddenly love Andrew Johns again.

I've always backed Johns. He's the best player in the game and even if he isn't at his brilliant best, he'd still play better than Kimmorley ever could. Kimmorley is a choker, plain and simple. The last series he won was in 2000 when Johns was playing aswell. The only blue jersey Kimmorley should ever wear again is the bloody Sharks home one.

Mut

Juniors
He's hardly played this year - we've got plenty of other options. Namely Orford and Gower.

The mut is gald you are not a selector! Imagine blooding a reknown chocker like Orford into SOO 2 facing a series loss!

And Gower, like Kimmorley has never succeeded in Origin. johns has runsa on the board, is the best player in the worls, if not the best that has ever ever played the game and has developed a reputation from coming back from injury and destroying opposition teams, namely Brisbane 44-0 in 2001 and Manly in the GF 20-16 1997. Four years gaps people! Four year gaps!

Wooooo! Get some mut up ya!

RABK

Referee
Wether people like it or not, Johns will lead NSW come game 2. Stuart and Gould are both huge fans of Johns and Gould hinted towards Johns been selected a few times didn't he?

Pigskin

Juniors
They won't pick Clinton .... they will go for Tupou (as would I) .... but since I hate NSW (and sucked in btw :D ) I hope they pick Clinton.

You guys are heaping all the blame on Kimmorley, well imho Barrett wasn't much better in the organisation stakes ... he plays like a centre or running back rower) ... which "they" could also pick if "they" weren't so preoccupied with work-horses

Orford and Hill would be my choice .... Johns is past it .... is not the best player in the world and never will be again :cool:

Oink !

Whats Doing

Bench
Mut said:
Watmough was superb along with Simpson from the bench. Was Ryan playing? The mut didnt notice? Wing was the best bench player though, was sublime in defence.

The mut would not bring in Clinton because he cannot move laterally in defence. The mut would drop Ryles to the bench but i dont think that there are many other options after that? Wish Nutley was a New South Welsman, he would get a gig next game!

I did not see that Watmough provided much off the bench but I agree on Ryan. Simpson was great.

I think Clinton would give us that extra go forward for Buderus and Wing.

We really miss O'Meley and Mason.

Jono078

Referee
Whats Doing said:
I did not see that Watmough provided much off the bench but I agree on Ryan. Simpson was great.

I think Clinton would give us that extra go forward for Buderus and Wing.

We really miss O'Meley and Mason.

Well said.