What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

Well that will be interesting then.

Frizell should be a guaranteed starter but if one of the others missed out for another one of the players I mentioned then I wouldn't exactly be complaining. The depth is incredible just like the frontrow. We have guys like Woods, Klemmer and Boyd (recent Australians) fighting for spots against guys like Paulo, Vaughan and Fifita (who should be a guaranteed a spot in the team).

Smack

Coach
My guess is that Daley will pick a lot of Dragons players and that will decimate us for months. He will also pick the one and only legend of our game, Mitchel Pearce.

We will lose yet again to QLD and next year Daley will be coach and Pearce will be in the halves.

Jason Maher

Immortal
My team after 6 weeks of football and some idea of form. I've never been sold on Dugan and Ferguson in the 3/4 line, but they have the experience and the combination from several Origins and tests together, and I prefer as few changes as possible. I'd rather punt Farah the handbrake and Jackson the 100% starch dud. If Mansour is available, I'd probably bring the axe down on Ferguson. The Turbo brothers are just too good and really starting to hit their straps. Don't make the mistake with them we made with Wade Graham. I've wanted Austin in there for a couple of years, and moving Bird into the starting side (which i think should definitely happen) opens up the bench spot for him.

Hooker is a major concern. I think McInnes is a future gun and is obviously in top form, but is he ready to step up just yet? The problem is I want Wobbie f**king gone, and there aren't too many other options. I'd be content with Peter Wallace, who at least has some Origin experience, and has been pretty good in the 9 for Penrith.

I know everyone hates Aaron Woods, but he has been good in Origin, and it seems dumb to punt a bloke with several series of experience. Again, far more important to use the axe on Wobbie.

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Matt Moylan
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham (c)

14. David Klemmer
15. Paul Vaughan
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Blake Austin

Edit: f**k, forgot Cordner.

Edit edit: The thing I like about this side is I can't find room for Trent Merrin, Jack de Belin, Bryce Cartwright, Ryan James, Shannon Boyd, Matt Prior, Luke Lewis, Sione Mata'utia, BJ Leilua, and Bevan French. Heck, even Tamou, Jackson, and Jennings, while I don't think they deserve to retain their spots, are still decent players with plenty of Origin experience. I won't slit my wrists if they get chosen, as I will be sore tempted to if Laurie sticks with f**king Wobbie.

Edit edit edit: the team I think Laurie will pick:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (Trbojevic if unavailable)
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Jackson

14. Bird
15. Graham
16. Fifita
17. Klemmer

Basically the game 3 team with Cordner returning for Gallen.Woods or Wobbie captain.

Last edited:
My team after 6 weeks of football and some idea of form. I've never been sold on Dugan and Ferguson in the 3/4 line, but they have the experience and the combination from several Origins and tests together, and I prefer as few changes as possible. I'd rather punt Farah the handbrake and Jackson the 100% starch dud. If Mansour is available, I'd probably bring the axe down on Ferguson. The Turbo brothers are just too good and really starting to hit their straps. Don't make the mistake with them we made with Wade Graham. I've wanted Austin in there for a couple of years, and moving Bird into the starting side (which i think should definitely happen) opens up the bench spot for him.

Hooker is a major concern. I think McInnes is a future gun and is obviously in top form, but is he ready to step up just yet? The problem is I want Wobbie f**king gone, and there aren't too many other options. I'd be content with Peter Wallace, who at least has some Origin experience, and has been pretty good in the 9 for Penrith.

I know everyone hates Aaron Woods, but he has been good in Origin, and it seems dumb to punt a bloke with several series of experience. Again, far more importantly to use the axe on Wobbie.

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Matt Moylan
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham (c)

14. David Klemmer
15. Paul Vaughan
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Blake Austin

Edit: f**k, forgot Cordner.

Can only spot 1 problem with that team - both Bird and Dugan are rightside centres.

Also would prefer Wallace at hooker but don't mind too much.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
mcinnis just showed this week why he isn't suitable for origin..no defensive work to do so he becomes an absolute passenger.

attacking ability of a nun

King hit

Coach
Well let's see, in the early 2000s guys like Blacklock, Peachey and Campbell were playing great football yet weren't even considered for rep teams. Peachey lost out to Mark Hughes for fullback ffs and blacklock was outplaying Aignscough week in, week out yet cone. Origin time Aignscough was on the wing. Even Mundine should of played more rep. Hate him as a person but you can't deny he was a good player.
Then look north of the border. At the time Tallis was captain, Matt sing a regular and queensland weren't afraid to pick young Murri guys like hodges, Tonga and Thurston. If Thurston was born in nsw we'd be coming up with the same excuses that we dismissed Campbell for, too small, not tough enough, he is 'enigmatic' etc

What f**king horseshit.

Peachey had flaws in his game that would've exposed him in Origin and the guys picked instead deserved it and proved themselves. Blacklock had no defensive skills and would've been destroyed by Sailor and Tuquri (which happened to him each time they played him) and Campbell was very unlucky but Joey, Fittler, Gower and Kimmorley had spots sewn in. Mundine was behind Fittler and Daley and Joey and was full of himself, he blew a rep career.

We have a proud aboriginal as coach, indigenous players in the team and a mix of backgrounds in the team.

If you think NSW discriminate against Aboriginals you're an idiot.

DiegoNT

First Grade
What f**king horseshit.

Peachey had flaws in his game that would've exposed him in Origin and the guys picked instead deserved it and proved themselves. Blacklock had no defensive skills and would've been destroyed by Sailor and Tuquri (which happened to him each time they played him) and Campbell was very unlucky but Joey, Fittler, Gower and Kimmorley had spots sewn in. Mundine was behind Fittler and Daley and Joey and was full of himself, he blew a rep career.

We have a proud aboriginal as coach, indigenous players in the team and a mix of backgrounds in the team.

If you think NSW discriminate against Aboriginals you're an idiot.
Then Greg Inglis is an idiot.

He has said many times that that was the reasoning behind making himself available for Queensland

RazorRam0n

Juniors
the most embarrassing thing about mundine's accusations of nsw selection racism is that the bloke who kept him out is a bigger aboriginal icon than him,...so he has the nerve to call him an uncle sam.

King hit

Coach
peachey played 1 game for nsw. Absolute travesty. dudded for years. I'll cop losing out to brasher. I'd argue he was better than Ross. But farging mark Hughes and Brett Hodgson?

Hodgson had an awesome 2001 and deserved it, Hughes also was a good player and didn't disgrace himself in Origin. Brasher and Minichiello were great in Origin and Ross did a good job in 1999.

Peachey had some bad habits that would've caught him out which worked against him.

chrisD

Coach
This was the first week Graham outplayed Lewis.

Hayne should be in the team for services rendered, having never not turned up for NSW and because he's the most gifted player in NSW.

DiegoNT

First Grade
the most embarrassing thing about mundine's accusations of nsw selection racism is that the bloke who kept him out is a bigger aboriginal icon than him,...so he has the nerve to call him an uncle sam.
Who's an aboriginal icon? Daley?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Hodgson had an awesome 2001 and deserved it, Hughes also was a good player and didn't disgrace himself in Origin. Brasher and Minichiello were great in Origin and Ross did a good job in 1999.

Peachey had some bad habits that would've caught him out which worked against him.
Brasher and mini were better generally. Can't remember if hodgo was in better form but I'll take your word for it. He should've got it over Ross but losing to Hughes was laughable.

Handling was always the excuse.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Nope, that's not why. The rightside position is locked up without any question by Tyson Frizell and middle by Trent Merrin. Neither Graham or Cordner are bench players so I don't consider them for that role.
Trent Merrin is massively overweight. I'd take Cordner or Wade over him at this point in time.