What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

jargan83

Coach
Laurie Daley has opened up about the snubbing of the in-form Paul Vaughan, saying that he lacked the consistency needed to be picked for rep footy.

"I think it's about being able to produce consistent football over a period of time. Paul is a guy who is playing good footy at the moment, but we need him to do it for a period and continue to do it over on the Origin arena," Daley said.

"All the other guys who got picked in front of him deserved to be here.

"We've always wanted plenty of depth. Now that the team's picked, I hope everyone gets behind us and supports us."

He cannot be serious?

Life's Good

Coach
Laurie Daley has opened up about the snubbing of the in-form Paul Vaughan, saying that he lacked the consistency needed to be picked for rep footy.

"I think it's about being able to produce consistent football over a period of time. Paul is a guy who is playing good footy at the moment, but we need him to do it for a period and continue to do it over on the Origin arena," Daley said.

"We've always wanted plenty of depth. Now that the team's picked, I hope everyone gets behind us and supports us."
Well Woods has been consistent on Fox each week 'it is what it is' 'wanna play finals footy', 'speak with the missus' 'just wanna know who the coach is' all the while Vaughan has been running 150mtrs plus along with offloads tries & try assist. SMH.
Daley was a super player but is well off the pace as a coach.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Well Woods has been consistent on Fox each week 'it is what it is' 'wanna play finals footy', 'speak with the missus' 'just wanna know who the coach is' all the while Vaughan has been running 150mtrs plus along with offloads tries & try assist. SMH.

He hasn't said anything that isn't correct, and practiced by rep teams since day dot

:joy::joy::joy:

I'm pretty sure he's trolling us all :joy:

Smack

Coach

lmao

Life's Good

Coach
i'd probably take this thread a little more seriously if supporters of clubs didn't just chime in because their player wasn't selected or was selected on the bench. f**k me. be objective rather than a bunch of emotional bitches.
In the case of Vaughan most of the b*tching is from non Dragons supporters which would qualify as objective. Your little rant doesn't make any sense in that respect.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
i'd probably take this thread a little more seriously if supporters of clubs didn't just chime in because their player wasn't selected or was selected on the bench. f**k me. be objective rather than a bunch of emotional bitches.

Ding ding

I'm pretty over it...you just have to accept qld have more pride in their state (by percentages)

macca_saint

Juniors
McLean has been in the emerging squad setup for the last couple of years and has played grand finals

Plenty of dud players have played in grand finals (not saying McLean is a dud) and just because you've been in the emerging blues squad shouldn't mean you're automatically selected over players in far superior form.

Last edited:

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Is this a joke?

Plenty of dud players have played in grand finals (not saying McLean is a dud) and just because you've been in the emerging blues squad shouldn't mean you're automatically selected over players in far superior form.

You don't have to agree with it but yes that is proof of playing at a higher level than form at club.

No-ones saying the guy can't play, and isn't unlucky but those trying to denegrate players selected to vindicate his non selection are making themselves gooses and whingers

macca_saint

Juniors
You don't have to agree with it but yes that is proof of playing at a higher level than form at club.

No-ones saying the guy can't play, and isn't unlucky but those trying to denegrate players selected to vindicate his non selection are making themselves gooses and whingers

Fair point, but it's tough to cop when we've won 1 of our last 10 series and Laurie seems to be applying the same selection logic we always have.

Latest posts