What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team for Game 3 announced

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think its a big gamble picking Pearce in a deciding match. IMO I dont think he's ready for Origin, but lets see how he goes. Well done to the kid.

I have to say though, what does Kite and Bailey have to do to get picked. I wouldve preferred them. Hope the forwards step up this time.

Also congrats to Monaghan for getting picked, he's been one of the form centres in the comp.

LOL @ mentioning City-Country. Only a desperate Raiders fan would dig deep enough to bring that game back up as something relevant.

It's never been a selection trial. Besides i recall that game was a draw and none of the halves stood out.

Anasta and Pearce have both been in great form and have led their team to equal top of the ladder. Pretty easy choice as a pair over Finch & Carney.

Mentioning City-Country is hardly digging deep. The point u made about it being a draw is what I was alluding to.

I have no problem with Anasta getting selected this time. But I don't think Pearce is ready yet. He was rushed into first grade, and took a while to find his feet. I think he's being rushed into Origin too personally. Now as a Roosters fan it's your job to disagree with me, and that's ok...But both Carney & Finch would of been better options this time around.

Steve Price to be on Pearce like flies on sh*t.

I guess I am happy for my club but as a NSWelshman it will suck to lose three in a row.Not sure what the selectors were thinking.Maybe they hope we can kick ourselves out of trouble,after our pack gets smashed.Hope Pearce is not totally ruined as a rep player after this hiding to nothing.:crazy:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
This would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid. The Roosters halves could not put on a try to save themselves against Manly, and somehow they are going to break the big fat egg NSW scored in the last match????

Who are these idiots that call themselves selectors?

I didn't actually think a worse side could be named :? How do they do it?

I'm really not sure who they could put in besides Monoghan, but it will be like a motorway down side. Maroon jumpers will be zooming past constantly all night. :x

Geohood

Bench
This would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid. The Roosters halves could not put on a try to save themselves against Manly, and somehow they are going to break the big fat egg NSW scored in the last match????

Who are these idiots that call themselves selectors?

I didn't actually think a worse side could be named :? How do they do it?

I'm really not sure who they could put in besides Monoghan, but it will be like a motorway down side. Maroon jumpers will be zooming past constantly all night. :x

So players are selected based on 1 match? The whole Roosters team was stuffed that day.

sass

Juniors
I think its a big gamble picking Pearce in a deciding match. IMO I dont think he's ready for Origin, but lets see how he goes. Well done to the kid.

I think he has the potential but he's still so new that how he performs will be all about how strong he is mentally. I know if I was in his position I'd screw up royally - being picked for the first time to play origin in a third and deciding game would be terrifying. and I doubt craig bellamy is sitting him down and telling him no pressure, just do your best pearcey darling.

Kiki

First Grade
its certainly a baptism of fire. for the sake of his mental health i hope he doesnt screw up.

Knightmare

Coach
Bailey and Ogre should have been put in the starting 8 and 10, at the very least made the Origin squad. As for Pearce and Anasta, I was initially pissed that Mullen didn't get another shot but I can see the thinking behind the selectors decision- Pearce and Anasta have alot of gametime playing alongside one another, so they should slot in fairly comfortably for this game. Biggest worry lies with the forward pack in this one.

brisvegastiger

Juniors
Well, I may as well break my duck egg at posting on here and say Qld will win this one and it's not because of who they picked and who NSW didn't pick... this one is about emotion and the loss of Tosser Turner. If that doesn't spur whoever puts that maroon jersey on, nothing will.

It will be interesting to see if Anasta and Pearce can do the job, but I can't see it happening.

QLD all the way. :)

Sood

Juniors
FFS, it was only 2 weeks ago...

So what? Since when does 1 bad game without a forward pack makes a pair of halves sh*t?

I not sure jnr jnr & anastasakis will have good games though. Not cause they dont have the skills, but im worried about the platform they will be given by their forwards. :oops:

sooperdooper

First Grade
Anasta should have been there in game one.... i think john sutton is very unlucky as is mateo!
As most agree cross and white...how they get named is beyond a joke!

God-King Dean

Immortal
In a sick way I want NSW to get smacked, just so Bellamy is held accountable.

A sacrifice for the greater good.

But then I think of Chris Close having a smile on his face...

So f*ck that.

icewind

Juniors
arh sights of beauty..... Chris Close with a smile on his face and a single digit gesture towards the crowd. :)

number8

Juniors
How does Mason keep getting in these teams. He's a deadset cat who's body is wasted on him.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Bedsy hasn't consistently been the best hooker in the NRL for the past 8 years or so.

Luke Priddis in his prime was better than Buderus, and Cam Smith is just embarrassingly better than Buderus, unfortunately for us.

On another note Mason's career as a blue is toast if he doesn't perform next week.

perverse

Referee
Luke Priddis in his prime was better than Buderus... *blahblahblah*
i'm a huge priddis fan, but that's a load of crap. when priddis was in his prime, buderus was too. the only time priddis has ever been better than buderus has been when buderus wasn't on the field.

honestly, we get the point that no-one likes buderus. don't worry, it will all be over soon. the only good thing to come out of any of the millions of anti-buderus rants in the past 24 months or so is that it has helped me to sort out who watches rugby league, and who actually understands it.

quite simply - i can absolutely guarantee you that anyone that thinks buderus is useless has never watched the knights play. ever. not once. they didn't watch origin pre-2006 either. it's that or people have amazingly short memories.