What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team for Game 3 announced

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I atcually think Anasta and Pearce is far mroe dangerous than the wallace/bird combo.

I love watching pearce play, he's an actual footballer who goes out and has a go, he tries things and he's formed a very good combo with anasta. Given all the sh*t anastas copped previously i can actually see him having a very good game and he's improved enormously under fittler.

i have my doubts over monaghan and the forward pack is still pretty poor.

macavity

Referee
I prefer a Knights win to a Blues one, so im stoked Mullo and Simmo aren't there too. and on current form Cross is no big loss.

I am tempted to say I wish Bedsy wasn't there either - but couldn't deny him a final SOO game. Once again Kids will be wasted on the bench and in positions he is no good in.

skeepe

Immortal
No Kite? No Ryles? Pearce? Do the NSW selectors actually want to win? Not that I mind since I'm a Queensland fan, but you want to see Origin being the best of the best.

Mr Saab

Referee
No Kite? No Ryles? Pearce? Do the NSW selectors actually want to win? Not that I mind since I'm a Queensland fan, but you want to see Origin being the best of the best.

Would Kite and Ryles really have helped this team? Honestly?
Kite has been MIA in origin games....doesnt scare the QLD team at all.
Jason "Statman" Ryles has been going well, but his good days are back in 2004.

skeepe

Immortal
Would Kite and Ryles really have helped this team? Honestly?
Kite has been MIA in origin games....doesnt scare the QLD team at all.
Jason "Statman" Ryles has been going well, but his good days are back in 2004.

They'd be better than Ben Cross and Brett White, that's for sure.

gaterooze

Bench
As a Knights fan, I'm glad they replaced Simpson with Cross, I know which I'd prefer to have playing next weekend.

Also, O'Meley was the Roosters' best last weekend, head and shoulders above Mason (and especially Cross!).

Final comment, since Anasta/Pearce are known mostly for their kick-trys, with the likes of Inglis and Folau catching in defence, it seems like a dumb move...

NthKnight

They'd be better than Ben Cross and Brett White, that's for sure.

Agreed. Cross has done nothing to deserve his spot except being an ex-Storm player. O'Mealy had a great game on Sunday and had to feel unlucky to miss out as well.

The biggest disappointment has been Farah. He has totally shut down this Origin period, giving himself no chance of selection on the bench.

Final comment, since Anasta/Pearce are known mostly for their kick-trys, with the likes of Inglis and Folau catching in defence, it seems like a dumb move...

Assuming Boyd is picked on the wing for Qld Id say he will cop most of the bombs

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
NSW selectors have no f**king idea. I've got no issue with Anastabator or Pearce; it's the flaccid forward pack that makes me laugh. QLD will smash us in the forwards.

Happy to have Ryles, Creagh and Hornby in the Red and White this weekend, even they should be donning the sky blue.

Sir Biffo

Bench
You cant carry two no-impact MIA props in origin, and Cross and White both slip into that mould.

After City-Country last year, I thought White would be a gun at origin, but I have hardly seen him apart from getting a blood nose last year.

Bailey's injured, so couldn't play anyway, but Ryles or O'Meley should have been there.

Having said that I still think we can & will win.

rabs

Staff member
Well i do not have any idea what mullen has done wrong, If he is not a better player than pearce right now ,fair dinkum

you're dreaming, no defensive commitment from Mullen, Pearce has it all and is definitely the long term solution

Sleep

Juniors
The front row picked for NSW is useless. White & Cross are average forwards at best. Mason is overrated and more mouth than anything else these days. He shows up for one or two games a year and it's never at rep level.

Our backrow is great with Fitzgibbon, Laffranchi, Hoffman all great players. Tupou is great at club level but hasn't really shown it yet at rep. Hopefully this game will be the one he does.

Gallen might earn us a few penalties with his dirty, cheap tatics but he'll no doubt give a few away too.

I'd take Wallace over Pearce and hope it's him they go with as a long term solution.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah this isn't a bad side,the forward pack leaves lot to be desired but Anasta and Pearce have a combination at club level that can only get better.
It's going to be close I think - But NSW selectors have made their mistake in the forwards.

perverse

Referee
cross being selected is an absolute joke. he's barely in first grade form.. let alone origin form.